N-Europe

Mountain Dew UK Relaunch

Debug Mode

Yeah, it may seem like a bit of viral marketing, but because this is a gaming forum, I assume many of you are familiar with the drink Mountain Dew?

Yeah, it's gonna be on the shelves in the UK again within the next few weeks, hopefully not tasting like the shitty 90's version they launched.

Official Twitter Page

Looking forward to this, not sure if I'm liking the energy drink stance they've taken because they notoriously taste like shit, but if it tastes like dew, that's a plus, used to import the stuff for gaming nights with friends.

Mountain Dew really reminds me of my first secondary school before I moved house, many years ago when I was in year 7. I think I liked it, but it's been so long that I can't really remember. Anyway it's one of those things people tend to have convinced themselves is awesome just because it's hard to get. Like Lucky Charms and Wispas.

Mountain Dew is vile and makes your penis shrink.

Uh huh. Check my eBay... I'm selling some bridges you might be interested in...

^^

Probably the most accurate. Energy drinks are foul in general. I'm kinda disappointed in their move to market it as an energy drink, but looking at it in the business perspective, its the more likely market to grab some success. Soft drink market would face it pitted against one of their own brands, 7up and a change in formula as Mountain Dew in its american formula is defined as an energy drink here, which was the reason it flopped in the first place.

If it tastes nice, fuck it, I'l buy it. Sorry penis.

When I learned Dew was finally returning I honestly lept into the air and time froze, executive producer credits coming up on screen.

I don't care if you guys think Dew is overrated or want to spin tales of cock shrinkery, I'll be consuming this in gallons... but only if they're marketing it as an energy drink to bypass the content laws and haven't riddled it with the chemical taste many energy drinks are guilty of possessing.

Bet all the stores that import it are gutted. No more £1.60 a can prices for me, Cyber Candy. Although I will still pass regularly through your doors for one of the girls that works in there is a 10. Of course... each tantalising sip of the cock reducing soda I've made from you has surely sullied our chances of a union. Fuck.

Edited by Guy
Added in a little anecdote about a hot girl.

Dew + Vodka is nice. I can't believe it's never made it in the UK. It's just like any other soft drink here. Very common.

We had it and then... we lost it. I actually suspect a really long term marketing ploy exists where you stop producing something in one country for 10 years then relaunch it with an extra 20p on the price (on top of inflation) and sell a shit load to people who've convinced themselves they miss it.

I love Mountain Dew, say all you want about what's contained inside but heh I love it. :heh: So I am over the moon that it is officially coming back to the UK. Usually have had to get supply by drinking it when in the States, or buying expensive cans from a restaurant in Brighton.

Edited by Rowan

Wtf. This is ridiculously scary.

Today a girl brought back a can of Mtn Dew for a few of her friends, after being on holiday in NY over Easter.

Then, I discover an empty can of it in my car after my sisters boyfriend discovered a can of it at his friends work.

So TWICE today already I've seen it. I was actually thinking "I bet theres a Facebook petition to get it brought back over here...I'm gonna join it".

I'm spooked right now.