Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Election 2010 - Con/Lib Government

danny

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with everyone currently saying how much they don't want Cameron in power... Why?

I think we're going to be getting the best of both worlds with the likely Tory/Lib Dem coalition. Spending cuts are inevitable, all Labour were doing was delaying them a few years until the deficit would be even higher.

And people saying that Cameron is going to ruin Scotland, come on, why or even how would/could he possibly do that? Get a grip. A lot of the major decisions are devolved to Scotland anyway. Why people seem to think Scotland would come off worse than the rest of the UK in any potential cock-up is surely based on the belief that Cameron will repeat what Thatcher did and trial Poll tax in Scotland.

So with everyone currently saying how much they don't want Cameron in power... Why?

I think we're going to be getting the best of both worlds with the likely Tory/Lib Dem coalition. Spending cuts are inevitable, all Labour were doing was delaying them a few years until the deficit would be even higher.

And people saying that Cameron is going to ruin Scotland, come on, why or even how would/could he possibly do that? Get a grip. A lot of the major decisions are devolved to Scotland anyway. Why people seem to think Scotland would come off worse than the rest of the UK in any potential cock-up is surely based on the belief that Cameron will repeat what Thatcher did and trial Poll tax in Scotland.

Don't want Tories in power personally. I wouldn't care if it was Cameron or Kristen Bell in charge.

Hopefully the coalition will bring the best of both worlds though (well I don't really see any 'best' in the Tories policies but you know what I mean). As I said earlier, just a case of wait and seeing.

And I believe (and this is purely going by what Chair said earlier on) the vast majority of Scotland wanted Labour, so why should they be run by a party they clearly didn't want? I think that's where the conflict is coming from. ::shrug:

Well, at least this will no longer disrupt the quality viewing affected on the BBC by this election coverage despite having a 24 hour news channel available to every one with a free view box.

Like seriously, how am I supposed to watch Phil Mitchell kick ass and rape bitches with all this irrelevant politics tosh on TV? Clearly they have mixed priorities.

And I believe (and this is purely going by what Chair said earlier on) the vast majority of Scotland wanted Labour, so why should they be run by a party they clearly didn't want? I think that's where the conflict is coming from. ::shrug:

Unfortunately the majority of people in Scotland seem to have it in their heads that we're actually a country of our own rights. We're not. We're all British no matter what they say. It was a nation-wide election, not just a Scottish election. If they didn't want the possibility for Cameron to be our PM they should've voted SNP in the Scottish elections so they could've gone for independence.

Unfortunately the majority of people in Scotland seem to have it in their heads that we're actually a country of our own rights. We're not. We're all British no matter what they say. It was a nation-wide election, not just a Scottish election. If they didn't want the possibility for Cameron to be our PM they should've voted SNP in the Scottish elections so they could've gone for independence.

Well...yeah. But then you Scots are all backwards anyway :p

You could say the same for the North East, North West and Yorkshire. But it doesn't work like that.

Also; the Tories policy about putting teens into some kind of service to keep them from being knife-wielding hoodies that Caine was backing...is that mandatory (if it goes through)?

A service that teaches kids from right and wrong and prepare them for the real world?

I believe that such a service already exists, it just doesn't do it's job too well.

A service that teaches kids from right and wrong and prepare them for the real world?

I believe that such a service already exists, it just doesn't do it's job too well.

Well a mandatory national service, like in ye olden (pre-war) days. Or at least that was my interpretation of it but its probably wrong. Was looking for some education, education, education. Oh wait, wrong election.

It probably looks like an awkward pose to us because David Cameron doesn't actually suffer from those human foibles known as "emotions". I don't hate Cameron, I don't even hate the fact he's PM, but there's no getting away from the fact he's like a passive-aggressive T-1000.

@ Charlie - Unbelievably, not a lot of Scots want independence from the rest of the UK. While the SNP say it would be better for the country, it would actually be much more detrimental overall and I suspect that most of the Scottish voting public know this which is why they didn't want to vote SNP. And even if we had voted SNP more than the other parties, it wouldn't have done anything that would move forward the process of creating an independent country. Luckily, there'll probably never be a large enough majority in Scotland who'll vote for independence (I certainly won't).

Anyway, this happened all rather quickly. Obviously, I was expecting some news to come of the talks but I didn't expect everything to unfold as quickly as it did. Cameron got what he wanted in the end, and perhaps rightly so after getting the most votes and seats, but I do feel slightly sorry for Brown. Will Cameron and this coalition be good for the UK? Who knows. It'll be months before we even see any difference.

@ Charlie - Unbelievably, not a lot of Scots want independence from the rest of the UK. While the SNP say it would be better for the country, it would actually be much more detrimental overall and I suspect that most of the Scottish voting public know this which is why they didn't want to vote SNP. And even if we had voted SNP more than the other parties, it wouldn't have done anything that would move forward the process of creating an independent country. Luckily, there'll probably never be a large enough majority in Scotland who'll vote for independence (I certainly won't).

Anyway, this happened all rather quickly. Obviously, I was expecting some news to come of the talks but I didn't expect everything to unfold as quickly as it did. Cameron got what he wanted in the end, and perhaps rightly so after getting the most votes and seats, but I do feel slightly sorry for Brown. Will Cameron and this coalition be good for the UK? Who knows. It'll be months before we even see any difference.

hell Ireland isn't even physically attached to the mainland and we still want to be a part of it.. must have something good going for it, right :P

Well, at least this will no longer disrupt the quality viewing affected on the BBC by this election coverage despite having a 24 hour news channel available to every one with a free view box.

Like seriously, how am I supposed to watch Phil Mitchell kick ass and rape bitches with all this irrelevant politics tosh on TV? Clearly they have mixed priorities.

I agree, although I have really been getting into this election this time around, I was rather pissed that the bbc decided to drag the news thing on for another 30 mins and so I didn't get to see Eastenders >:3. I was like ok David Cameron is PM so put eastenders on now please and carry this on the bbc news channel.

I agree, although I have really been getting into this election this time around, I was rather pissed that the bbc decided to drag the news thing on for another 30 mins and so I didn't get to see Eastenders >:3. I was like ok David Cameron is PM so put eastenders on now please and carry this on the bbc news channel.

I agree, screw the politics, put blooming Eastenders back on :(

We're screwed whoever is in parliment. They'd all take our moneeeyy to fund the recession anyway!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!