Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sayings and Phrases that annoy you

Josh64

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is detestable is the 'ahahahaaahahahaaaahahahaha' thing people do. When did it start with an 'a' anyway?

In real life, I think I laugh something like "aaaaaaahahahahahahahahha." Or at least, when I'm mocking somebody, or something. That makes more sense to me than "haha."

I'm with Dan on this one.

As I wrote that I was thinking that it might make more sense, but I checked my own laughter and it doesn't really start with any combination of letters. The 'ahahahahaha' thing is annoying because it is always dragged on for half an aeon, when the traditional 'haha' or 'lol' would suffice.

As I wrote that I was thinking that it might make more sense, but I checked my own laughter and it doesn't really start with any combination of letters. The 'ahahahahaha' thing is annoying because it is always dragged on for half an aeon, when the traditional 'haha' or 'lol' would suffice.

I'm probably guilty of that, so I apologise to you now.

I think by saying it and dragging it, you are showing the appreciation for something that is funny. "Haha" would be the one that gets mostly used, as I save the "aaaaahahahahaha" one for something that tickles me. I mean, it would have to be something very amusing to get that one. It depends how easily amused that person is, I believe.

I'll use to be fair to state a fact after usually suing hyperbole to take the piss out off something.

Band 'X' is overrated trash, although to be fair their songs are catchy.

I thought of something else though, people who use air quotes while talking.

That reminds me when people write likeeeee thisssssss.

"Yeaaaaaaahhhhhh gonna get trashedddd toniteeeeeeee :)"

"miss you babyyyyyyyyyyy"

"facebook is boringggggg...someone chatttt!"

Ever go on Lamebook.com? a monument, nay, a hymn, to the monstrosity above.

In fact, Lamebook is probably home to all the worst abuses in the English language this side of a jayseven cider fueled monologue on the concept of self and the internal, reflective mass human experience in relation to Tits.

essential viewing.

"It's not you, it's me"

that just sounds so stupid to me. Like they got it off the back of some crappy romance novel. God help you if you say that to a woman in real life, total relationship ender right there!

Isn't that usually the point of that sentence being used though? To break off a relationship?

I'm guilty of using many of the mentioned phrases. I absorb pop culture way too much.

THIS, however ...

That reminds me when people write likeeeee thisssssss.

"Yeaaaaaaahhhhhh gonna get trashedddd toniteeeeeeee :)"

"miss you babyyyyyyyyyyy"

"facebook is boringggggg...someone chatttt!"

... REALLY gets on my nerves! If you absolutely HAVE to express the dragging out of words in your text, at LEAST drag out the proper part of the word!

When you drag out the word "boring", it is not the 'ng' part you drag out, it's the VOWELS! Also, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DRAG OUT A 'T' SOUND!

Ever go on Lamebook.com? a monument, nay, a hymn, to the monstrosity above.

In fact, Lamebook is probably home to all the worst abuses in the English language this side of a jayseven cider fueled monologue on the concept of self and the internal, reflective mass human experience in relation to Tits.

essential viewing.

Surely it depends on how many retard friends you have though?

One thing which really grinds my gears is when you hear people talking to their other halfs in baby voices and calling each other things like baby girl, and one which my friend says "My panda bear".

It doesn't bother me that they can actually do that to each other, but that they do it in public..

"It's not you, it's me"

that just sounds so stupid to me. Like they got it off the back of some crappy romance novel. God help you if you say that to a woman in real life, total relationship ender right there!

What if it is you, not them?

To be fair is ok, if it's used about once a month or something. But, when it's used every ten minutes, then the stabbing is justified.

OH! I've got another one, but it's different. When people give kisses in text messages or facebook messages by the hundreds. "I LUV U BABY! xxxx xxx xx x x x x xxx xxx xxx xx x x x x x x x xxxxxxxxxx x x xx xxxxx"

Stick to the fucking code

The Code:

One Kiss for a male friend or a female who you are not entirely friends with. Somebody you walk past and say hi, for example, but never properly speak to them or know much about them.

Two Kisses for good friends. People you trust, are close to, etc. Two kisses can only be used with a guy friend if there is a man crush involved.

Three Kisses for the person that you love. At a push, this can be used for your best friend. Use sparingly if that is the case.

NO MORE. There is none of this 4 or 5 or five hundred kisses bullshit.

Do you know what is easier?

Not using fucking x at all, leave it alone, its not a kiss its a freaking x!

Sorry. *cough*

Sorry. *cough*

Couldn't agree more. the only people that get x's off me are special! *wink wink nudge nudge*

Or someone that's mega awesome and has just done me a huge favour, maybe!

Sorry. *cough*

I always finish a text with an 'x'... Special people get 2, or even 3!

Everyone knows that if text kisses were real kisses the whole world would be a giant orgy.

Sorry. *cough*

FUCK YES!!

I understand it being used every now and again, like in birthday cards and such, but it's just been completely devalued as a gesture by a whole plethora of morons who use it all the time whether it's one, two or a millions "x"s.

Edited by Daft

I am guilty of typing words like thisssssss (so is Jim). But that's 'cause we often talk like that in real life I think. >.>;

Also the kisses, I never use kisses, except for Jim. And that's only because he expects them to be there. If I don't put kisses he immediately thinks I'm upset or something. :rolleyes:

I am guilty of typing words like thisssssss (so is Jim). But that's 'cause we often talk like that in real life I think. >.>;

Also the kisses, I never use kisses, except for Jim. And that's only because he expects them to be there. If I don't put kisses he immediately thinks I'm upset or something. :rolleyes:

Isn't that behaviour reserved for oversensitive women? ;)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!