NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Awesome Kav, just in time for the free 20 games.

Just to clarify for me what are the conditions again?

Is it just to have used the eShop before 12 Aug?

Or do you have to have bought something?

Just need to connect to the eShop before the 12th that's all it requires. Then your set to receive the goodies :)

Just bit the bullet and bought myself a 3DS, picked it up with Ocarina and Res Evil Mercs for £212.

They only had it available in black so that's the colour for me.

Excellent news but where the hell is your friend code??!!

Oh, I hate this. The price cut is tempting me greatly and one of my friends bit the dust and bought it so now he's mocking me. He says I'm not a true Nintendo fan since I haven't bought the 3DS yet. Problem is, I have the money for it but time's limited. I have 8-10 Xbox360-games I have yet to play and with university work starting again in September, I don't think I have the time. But it's soooo tempting! 20 free games, OoT3D, SM3DL, MK7 (even though I don't really like the gliders and "submarines"), and all the other great Nintendo-games coming out.

The best of it all is that a shop in Denmark sells it for the equivalent of £199 (which is cheap in Denmark!) and they have a price drop guarantee, which means that if the price gets cut within a fortnight, one would get the difference back. So that's 20 free games for the price of nought!

Edit: Actually, I found it even cheaper now. £172 but with no price drop guarantee. But then I have my old DSLite that I can trade in for OoT3D. Argh!

Edited by MindFreak

Oh, I hate this. The price cut is tempting me greatly and one of my friends bit the dust and bought it so now he's mocking me. He says I'm not a true Nintendo fan since I haven't bought the 3DS yet. Problem is, I have the money for it but time's limited. I have 8-10 Xbox360-games I have yet to play and with university work starting again in September, I don't think I have the time. But it's soooo tempting! 20 free games, OoT3D, SM3DL, MK7 (even though I don't really like the gliders and "submarines"), and all the other great Nintendo-games coming out.

The best of it all is that a shop in Denmark sells it for the equivalent of £199 (which is cheap in Denmark!) and they have a price drop guarantee, which means that if the price gets cut within a fortnight, one would get the difference back. So that's 20 free games for the price of nought!

I can't believe youre not playing it this second! With that you have no reason not to!

Just bit the bullet and bought myself a 3DS, picked it up with Ocarina and Res Evil Mercs for £212.

They only had it available in black so that's the colour for me.

Now I've got another reason to get Mercs... the case is stacking up every day.

But where is the SSFIV love? I want people to play with damn it!

Now I've got another reason to get Mercs... the case is stacking up every day.

But where is the SSFIV love? I want people to play with damn it!

Don't worry.. Street Fighter IV is on it's way from Zavvi for £12.99 :hehe: I'll hopefully have it later in the week : peace:

When Mercenaries reaches a similar price, I may well snap it up too :grin:

Excellent news but where the hell is your friend code??!!

Underneath my avatar... and in my sig! : peace:

so it is... ADDED :)

Thanks Mokong (and Lostmario now I see too)!

However, at the moment my 3DS won't connect to the Nintendo WFC because the 3DS doesn't support my routers security settings... my DS Lite had no problems with it (amd my Wii certainly doesn't) but my 3DS sure does.

I can connect to the Internet on it with no problem, the web browser works just fine. Just not the Nintendo WFC and Nintendo's support page online doesn't give me any answers.

I'll have to try and sort it after work tomorrow... any ideas how?

Edited by Kav

Added!

Don't worry.. Street Fighter IV is on it's way from Zavvi for £12.99 :hehe: I'll hopefully have it later in the week : peace:

When Mercenaries reaches a similar price, I may well snap it up too :grin:

Cool beans dude - whenever I play online, I ever get hammered by someone good in a clean fight or getting hammered by a touch screen spammer in laggy game that kills my ability to get close safely.

So yeah, need someone to play with.

Actually, I'm now incredibly glad I got my 3DS on launch day =D. Been meaning to play through Metroid Fusion again, but my GBA cart is busted. Way to go Nintendo, you've won me back :heh:

I'm glad Kirby is coming to the line up of games. I wouldn't have minded The Amazing Mirror or Nightmare in Dreamland really.

Actually, I'm now incredibly glad I got my 3DS on launch day =D. Been meaning to play through Metroid Fusion again, but my GBA cart is busted. Way to go Nintendo, you've won me back :heh:

Enjoy. Fusion is brilliant. The SA-X is creepy and shit me up a few times when I played it again recently.

I want a sequel to Fusion.

Enjoy. Fusion is brilliant. The SA-X is creepy and shit me up a few times when I played it again recently.

I want a sequel to Fusion.

On the 3DS, with sprites. Imagine how good that'd be.

I personally wouldn't mind the fabled Metroid 5 to be in the style of Other M - as long as it drops the over use of cutscenes and puts the focus soley on the gameplay and creation of an atmospheric world.

I question how well it would look with 3D and sprites. It would look like Paper Metroid in some senses and I don't think it would fit well... unless you want them to go back to Zero Mission's comic book effect.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I'd take either that, or something similar to how Other M looked. Played like a side-scroller, but in 3D. Oh god, that would kill me. :D

What I reeeeeally want though...Metroid II remade. It deserves a remake. Zero Mission was pretty much the first game remade, so II deserves something. I've never played it, so I dunno how well it holds up now.

I'd take either that, or something similar to how Other M looked. Played like a side-scroller, but in 3D. Oh god, that would kill me. :D

What I reeeeeally want though...Metroid II remade. It deserves a remake. Zero Mission was pretty much the first game remade, so II deserves something. I've never played it, so I dunno how well it holds up now.

it's still a great game. i wouldn't say no to a remake though

Nintendo have presented me with an interesting dilemma. Do I buy a 3DS now or later? Twenty free games equate to somewhere in the region of... £40? Since the retailers are setting their own prices, it's difficult to predict how much the 3DS will drop in price by the end of the year.

These are all GBA games I want to get as well. About five years ago, my big bag of GB/GBA games was stolen when I was on holiday. Since the GBA is one of my favourite consoles ever, I want to start rebuilding some of my collection. And looking at how Nintendo's statement is worded, these games are looking to be timed exclusives for so-called Ambassadors.

Then again, if I buy one now the only game I'll be playing will be Ocarina of Time. And I really like the look of that new Flare Red model, so I'm tempted to wait until that comes out.

I imagine the total cost of the twenty games would be well over 40 quid. I could see the gba games cost 5 pound + each.

I question how well it would look with 3D and sprites. It would look like Paper Metroid in some senses and I don't think it would fit well... unless you want them to go back to Zero Mission's comic book effect.

I do, yes, that's still my favourite Metroid. However, I understand what you mean about sprites not being ideal for 3D. If I had my way, this would be a 2D-only game (sprites, non-stereoscopic), but I can understand that Nintendo probably wouldn't do that.

So, if it does have a stereoscopic option, I can see that it'd be more likely to use polygons (although Excitebike 3D shows it works well even with sprites). You and Fierce Link mention Other M, which I do like, but I feel strongly that a handheld Metroid should be strictly side-scrolling. It feels more satisfying to me to use the L and R buttons for diagonals and missiles respectively.

Nintendo have presented me with an interesting dilemma. Do I buy a 3DS now or later? Twenty free games equate to somewhere in the region of... £40? Since the retailers are setting their own prices, it's difficult to predict how much the 3DS will drop in price by the end of the year.

My instinct would be: wait for the price cut (and I should make clear, I'm speaking as someone who bought the machine on Day 1). This is because I own Metroid Fusion and, cool as they are, wouldn't actually buy the other games. However, if you would genuinely buy all the GBA games, I can indeed see that being worth around £40.

Then again, if I buy one now the only game I'll be playing will be Ocarina of Time. And I really like the look of that new Flare Red model, so I'm tempted to wait until that comes out.

I'd say you should wait it out unless you are definitely certain you want all those GBA games. You can get a better colour of 3DS down the line, maybe with a decent bundle and then download the couple of GBA games you need. Thats what I'm doing. :heh:

I do, yes, that's still my favourite Metroid. However, I understand what you mean about sprites not being ideal for 3D. If I had my way, this would be a 2D-only game (sprites, non-stereoscopic), but I can understand that Nintendo probably wouldn't do that.

I think they said they would still make non-3D games for the 3DS didn't they? I think they should put Metroid on ice for a while... but thats just me. :wink: Wonder what sort of sprite based stuff WayForward will make for 3DS.

In other news this just in! Iwata: [Grovels]

To Those Customers Who Bought A Nintendo 3DS Before The Price Change

Greetings, everyone. This is Satoru Iwata from Nintendo.

Thank you very much for purchasing a Nintendo 3DS.

We have just announced a price drop for the Nintendo 3DS system effective on August 11 [August 12 in North America].

In the past, there have been price drops for video game systems some time after their release in order to broaden the user base further. However, never before has Nintendo chosen to issue such a dramatic price drop less than 6 months after a system release.

We are all too keenly aware that those of you who supported us by purchasing the 3DS in the beginning may feel betrayed and criticize this decision.

This unprecedented timing for a price cut is because the situation has changed greatly since we originally launched the 3DS. We decided it was necessary to take this drastic step in order to ensure that large numbers of users will continue to enjoy the 3DS in the future.

If the software creators and those on the retail side are not confident that the Nintendo 3DS is a worthy successor to the DS and will achieve a similarly broad (user) base, it will be impossible for the 3DS to gain popularity, acquire a wide range of software, and eventually create the product cycle necessary for everyone to be satisfied with the system.

Those customers who purchased the 3DS at the very beginning are extremely important to us. We know that there is nothing we can do to completely make up for the feeling that you are being punished for buying the system early. Still, we would like to offer the following as a sign of our appreciation to you.

[3DS Ambassador program details]

We feel a strong responsibility to develop the 3DS as a platform -- to ensure that, in the end, everyone is satisfied; we will make every effort to do so.

Additionally, we know everyone is waiting for Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. They are scheduled for release in November and December, respectively, so we ask for your patience until then.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your continued support.

Here's what NoE are saying on the price cut.

If you don't buy before the cut to get the free games.....they've "currently got no plans" to release the GBA games to the public.

Obviously will eventually, but will be much longer.

Seems the versions released by the end of the year won't be the full proper titles offered on the estore...Basically for now they'll be running in DS mode and not via a proper emulator in 3DS mode.

Ditto that for the NES titles, ambassadors get them earlier....

Price cute is 80 euro over here. Each NES title will be €5 going by the wii prices, or €6 if any end up getting the 3D classics treatment...So that's a minimum of €5 x 10 = €50.

Current GBC title available (link's awakening) is €6 so i'd guess GBA titles may be around the €8 euro mark...8 x 10 = €80

Obviously depending on how many of the current titles announced you'd actually buy...and the fact you'd get them a lot sooner, might make it worth getting one now if you can find a good deal anywhere.