NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Ine's got a blue 3DS and I'm in love with it. It's beautiful to look at, the interface is great, there's a fair bit of content pre-loaded on the system and the 3D works like a charm for me.

I've only got the original DS, so this seems like a massive step up from it. I'm annoyed, because I was trying to convince myself that I didn't need this. But, the more I use, the more I want. This, Kid Icarus, New Mario and Luigi's Mansion make me want this.

Fucking Nintendo.

:D Yeah, now seems to be the time to pick one up when you look at what's due out and the price drop etc. Also, the games we've already been treated to. May not be to all tastes but there are some great launch titles you could probably get relatively cheaply now!

Agreed that it's a massive step up from the DS. I love mine!

:D Yeah, now seems to be the time to pick one up when you look at what's due out and the price drop etc. Also, the games we've already been treated to. May not be to all tastes but there are some great launch titles you could probably get relatively cheaply now!

Agreed that it's a massive step up from the DS. I love mine!

There's a few games that I'd like to play. Street Fighter is one of them, and I'm more interested in Pilotwings after discovering it was from Monster. Mercenaries also looks pretty good and I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Problem is I really shouldn't shell out the money right now, because I have none. Really want one. I might hold out until some more colours come out. But, the blue, gah. Too beautiful.

There's a few games that I'd like to play. Street Fighter is one of them, and I'm more interested in Pilotwings after discovering it was from Monster. Mercenaries also looks pretty good and I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Problem is I really shouldn't shell out the money right now, because I have none. Really want one. I might hold out until some more colours come out. But, the blue, gah. Too beautiful.

Yeah - it's strange actually coz when the colours were announced as blue and black I automatically wanted the black. Blue looked awful in my opinion. Then after I had pre-ordered there were loads of press shots of the blue and seeing that metallic shine on the top of the lid made me :o

But I had already pre-ordered. It is stunning the blue one. But the black is still very nice!

Japan are getting the red one soon so expect a European release bundled with either Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario 3d Land...

3.JPG

Think I prefer the blue... It's not quite "Flare Red".

Mario Red woulda been nicer!

I originally hated the blue one, but when I got my Japanese 3DS for Rumble Blast in two weeks, I wanted one I could easily differentiate from my Black one, so went for blue and my god it's sexy

I originally hated the blue one, but when I got my Japanese 3DS for Rumble Blast in two weeks, I wanted one I could easily differentiate from my Black one, so went for blue and my god it's sexy

Agreed. The Blue/Black colour scheme really gives it a unique personality. Very nice looking machine!

Just got my first three streetpasses today up in London. A Glenn from England, a Kyle from northern Ireland and strangely enough, these forums very own Dyson at waterloo station!

Just got my first three streetpasses today up in London. A Glenn from England, a Kyle from northern Ireland and strangely enough, these forums very own Dyson at waterloo station!

If you're going near the West End, be sure to bring your 3DS. There's always tons of people walking around with their console there! (I've got around 45 people on my Streetpass Plaza so far and my mates have got 60+!)

I'm not sure what colour of 3DS I'd prefer, I just don't fancy the blue or black. Black is boring (think the only black console I have is the PStwo) and a different shade of blue would be nicer, imo.

Anyhoo, not only have Nintendo cut the price of the 3DS but they've taken some other money saving measures too:

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has announced that he is cutting his own salary by 50%, with company directors and executives agreeing to 30% and 20% pay cuts respectively.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/221507/nintendo-president-cuts-salary-in-half/

Blue still doesn't really appeal to me, the shade of blue itself, or the two tone console. Looks quite nice closed though.

Really looking forward to these free games!!! Start of September is it?

20 free games?

I need to find some money...

Does anyone else see the irony in this post or was it intentional?

Yeah I'm a bit confused, why would you pay 80 euros to get these games? Or do people who buy it after the price-cut still get it until August 12th?

Yeah I'm a bit confused, why would you pay 80 euros to get these games? Or do people who buy it after the price-cut still get it until August 12th?

The price cut doesn't happen until the 12th.

If you get it before, you pay the full price but can get the games if you connect to the eShop before the 12th. Get it after and you pay the lesser price but don't get the games.

Either way, the games can hardly be called "free".

What free games? Can't believe I paid full price, twice for this shit.

Just make sure you connect your 3DS to the eShop before 12th Aug and you'll get 10 NES games, before they are made available to everyone, and 10 GBA games that they currently have no intention of putting in the VC shop.

The NES games aren't in 3D but are straight ports. Apparently they will be updated at a later point and then we can redownload the enhanced versions for free still.

and strangely enough, these forums very own Dyson at waterloo station!

No way! Hahaha that's incredible! What are the chances?! Brilliant. Man that's odd :D

Fucking love StreetPass. Stuff like that makes me smile.

I haven't actually checked my 3DS since then but look forward to checking it out :heh:

The price cut doesn't happen until the 12th.Just make sure you connect your 3DS to the eShop before 12th Aug and you'll get 10 NES games, before they are made available to everyone, and 10 GBA games that they currently have no intention of putting in the VC shop.

The NES games aren't in 3D but are straight ports. Apparently they will be updated at a later point and then we can redownload the enhanced versions for free still.

Ok, I've been on the eShop but still don't see any option to download the games? Are they available yet?!

Two more GBA games revealed for Ambassadors.

Super Mario Advance 4

Kirby and The Amazing Mirror

Edited by Nintendo Fan
sp

Another win!!

Two more quality games I haven't played! :D

So from the GBA we've got Metroid, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Wario, Yoshi and now Mario and Kirby!...

Hopes are high that Zelda, in the form of Minish Cap, may well make it!

Wouldn't be surprised if F-Zero Maximum Velocity was another.

I did have that game, and whilst it's really good, I prefer the 3D F-Zero games.

I was hoping Super Mario Advance 4 was Super Mario World instead of Super Mario Bros. 3 as, for me, it is a significantly better game.. but I can hardly complain too much, can I..? :heh:

Hmm, so that's:

Yoshi's Island

Mario Kart

Wario Ware

Mario vs Donkey Kong

Metroid Fusion

Super Mario 3

Kirby

The other three should be from this list:

Super Mario World

Metroid: Zero Mission

F-Zero

Zelda: Minish Cap

Aw, can't fit them all in now! Can I trade-in Wario Ware? :heh:

Golden Sun: The Lost Age would be a huge stroke of luck.. but I can't see it :indeed:

I can see something like DK: King of Swing making the list..

Just bit the bullet and bought myself a 3DS, picked it up with Ocarina and Res Evil Mercs for £212.

They only had it available in black so that's the colour for me.