NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

There are 3D sites up already for this? Slack Nintendo.

Edited by ShadowV7

Completely unrelated, I wonder if we'll ever get 3D video on the browser. For youtube and such, of course. :p

can't you atleast give us a hint at what to google so we can find said 3D site ourselves

can't you atleast give us a hint at what to google so we can find said 3D site ourselves

It's really not rocket science, just search for "3DS browser *insert whatever you want to find here*" and you'll no doubt find something :wink:

It's really not rocket science, just search for "3DS browser *insert whatever you want to find here*" and you'll no doubt find something :wink:

no but it bloody is painful waiting for the 3DS browser to load, less searches means less pain

So would people be up for a 3D photo/video (if possible) website for the 3DS?!

Oh dazzybee.. always trying to get on the popular trends!

Oh dazzybee.. always trying to get on the popular trends!

...how am I? It's just something I wouldn't mind, so may do it!

So would people be up for a 3D photo/video (if possible) website for the 3DS?!

Depends on the website and whose in the pictures :wink:

Depends on the website and whose in the pictures :wink:

Haha, would you be up for posting your own 3D pictures then?

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but.....the update having made the turning of the console off quicker is a god-send. I found those few seconds and irritating occurrence.

I just leave it in sleep mode all the time, when the red flashing lite comes on I charge.

I just leave it in sleep mode all the time, when the red flashing lite comes on I charge.

Pretty much what I do with my DSi. Sleep mode is so convenient! :hehe:

I've been thinking a lot about the 3DS's camera. It has a long focal length, so the subject can't get too close to the lens. My understanding is that whilst the 3DS's screen can display pop-out at times, the camera can't actually capture it. Let's say you're in a museum and you take a photo of a sculpture: I believe the wall in the background would seem distant, but the sculpture itself wouldn't seem very 3D.

With this in mind, I wonder if 3D photos could be taken with a better camera (a 3D camera, obviously), saved in .MPO format and resized to 800x240, then pop-out might be possible, especially if the camera has a "Macro" mode.

Hmm...it seems that you can't upload 3D pictures through the 3DS browser. Which is rather annoying.

Edit: And the whole thing about 3D websites is simply that if you click on an .mpo you can view the image in 3D. It does nothing embedded into the page.

With this in mind, I wonder if 3D photos could be taken with a better camera (a 3D camera, obviously), saved in .MPO format and resized to 800x240, then pop-out might be possible, especially if the camera has a "Macro" mode.

I've seen some Portal 2 screenshots rendered in 3D and converted to .MPO. Pop-up is certainly possible.

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

I have a question. Before this latest update I would always turn off my 3DS and put it in the cradle before going to bed. All as to be expected. Now however, while I follow the exact same procedure, the orange charging light is still lit in the morning. It does charge, I'm just wondering why it doesn't make the light go out anymore.

Has anyone else had something similar?

I have a question. Before this latest update I would always turn off my 3DS and put it in the cradle before going to bed. All as to be expected. Now however, while I follow the exact same procedure, the orange charging light is still lit in the morning. It does charge, I'm just wondering why it doesn't make the light go out anymore.

Has anyone else had something similar?

Not happened to me, but I've read about it.

It's a known bug with the new firmware. Hopefully Nintendo will release a fix for it soon.

Well I snapped up my 2nd 3DS today. I traded my first week or so after launch as it was giving me headaches but with Zelda arriving next week I went and got another one. I will not be using the 3D effect very much, maybe not at all, but the chance to play Zelda again in handheld form was too tempting.

It was great buying it from GAME as it was only £150 ( £60 as I traded in 360 stuff ). The guy behind the counter said it's that price because of Grainger Games being so close to them ( Metro Centre ) they have to price match to remain competitive. He also knew why I was buying the machine. "For Zelda?" he asked. "Oh yes!" I replied. :D

We had quite a bit of banter about E3 before the manager walked over and joined in on our discussion. He talked about the Wii U saying that it looked great but it's a big risk. He said he thinks it will either be amazing or a flop, time will tell. It's probably the best time i've had at a GAME store. :)

Nice one HoT, now get over to the console code thread and post up you new code : peace:

Nice one HoT, now get over to the console code thread and post up you new code : peace:

Will do once I get everything set up....again. :)

Well I snapped up my 2nd 3DS today.
I had a feeling this would happen. :heh:

Welcome back.

: peace:

Well I snapped up my 2nd 3DS today. I traded my first week or so after launch as it was giving me headaches but with Zelda arriving next week I went and got another one. I will not be using the 3D effect very much, maybe not at all, but the chance to play Zelda again in handheld form was too tempting.

It was great buying it from GAME as it was only £150 ( £60 as I traded in 360 stuff ). The guy behind the counter said it's that price because of Grainger Games being so close to them ( Metro Centre ) they have to price match to remain competitive. He also knew why I was buying the machine. "For Zelda?" he asked. "Oh yes!" I replied. :D

We had quite a bit of banter about E3 before the manager walked over and joined in on our discussion. He talked about the Wii U saying that it looked great but it's a big risk. He said he thinks it will either be amazing or a flop, time will tell. It's probably the best time i've had at a GAME store. :)

Amazon are selling the blue one for £150 and the black for £170... you needn't have traded anything in! :(

But good on ya for getting one! :D

Did you get Pilotwings last time... what games were giving you a headache?

I think in the months since launch people have found just how much 3D varies across the games... all I need for Pilotwings is to just nudge the 3D on and it's great... anything over about 30%, especially full 3D and I find it really uncomfortable.