NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Shame I couldn't manage to connect to the store before leaving the house. I guess I'll have to wait until this afternoon before looking at the shop. The browser seems to be quite an upgrade over the DSi one though.

lol error's every where obviously due to the rush of people.

Excitebike 3D: All right

Pokedex 3D: The lack of streetpass and all the Pokemon is disappointing

Browser: Oh dear fucking god, what a monstrosity.

i'm posting this from my 3DS,yay
I forgot to even check the browser. :heh:

How does it compare to the DSi one and the Wii Internet Channel?

I forgot to even check the browser. :heh:

How does it compare to the DSi one and the Wii Internet Channel?

Slightly faster than the DSi

Wii browser stills remains king.

The years have not been kind.. I'm terrible at Excite Bike now =\

still on 3ds,

browser kinda slow, youtube vids and others dont work obviously due to lack of flash. Facebook works but Twitter oddly doesn't, won't load fully when logged in. hopefully those sites will later optimise themselves for 3ds viewing

Although it doesn't need confirming considering Nintendo notified people about the problem on their sites and via spot pass, Ridge Racer 3D is indeed a pain to play on the new firmware.

The eShop is a colossal improvement over the Wii and DSi stores.

The eShop is a colossal improvement over the Wii and DSi stores.

Anything less would've meant they had killed their system as platform for download games before it even got started. ;)

Downloaded the update this morning and had a quick play about.

E-shop runs great, really fast looks of great features, saw some OoT screenshots, couldn't tell if they were in 3DS though because I was in a hurry. No errors either.

I like the little Eshop bag mascot, thing.

Downloaded Mario Land, Pokedex and Excitebike, played like 30 seconds of Mario.

Haven't tried the browser yet.

Can't wait to try it properly.

still on 3ds,

browser kinda slow, youtube vids and others dont work obviously due to lack of flash. Facebook works but Twitter oddly doesn't, won't load fully when logged in. hopefully those sites will later optimise themselves for 3ds viewing

Did you try the mobile versions of those sites?

E-shop runs great, really fast looks of great features, saw some OoT screenshots, couldn't tell if they were in 3DS though because I was in a hurry. No errors either.

Didn't check the screenshots, but the trailer for OoT was in 3D.

Screenshots aren't in 3D.

true, this was disappointing, why let the vids be viwed in 3D but not the screens?

true, this was disappointing, why let the vids be viwed in 3D but not the screens?

They probably just aren't keen on having 3D still in-game screenshots, it doesn't really give you the full effect. I'm good enough with 3D trailers, hopefully they'll be allowed to go over 30 seconds in the future.

Did you try the mobile versions of those sites?

good call Red, twitter's mobile version works perfect on this :),

though thinking Nintendo should have made a "posted from 3DS" note when postin on forums and facebook like the iphones do

though thinking Nintendo should have made a "posted from 3DS" note when postin on forums and facebook like the iphones do

I'm pretty sure it doesn't do that on forums.

-Sent from my iPad.

I would guess that Twitter uses bits of HTML5.

That "posted from iPhone" is from people using a spammy app, made for forums that don't optimise for mobiles.

I would guess that Twitter uses bits of HTML5.

That "posted from iPhone" is from people using a spammy app, made for forums that don't optimise for mobiles.

oh, I thought it was something built into the iphone to advertise the system :heh:

Its nice finally seing what Ocarina of Time is like on the actual system. Impressed with this new service. The only thing that I could suggest would be more convienient would be if you could also purchase 500 points for £5 incase you only wanted one game.

Still though the games are great. Havn't tried out Tennis or Excite Bike yet but Mario Land and Alleyway are as addictive and as fun as ever :) The prices for Gameboy games are also decent and fair enough.

Kudos to Mokong, I found the internet browser crappy and awkward, to actually use it to post messages shows some dedication.

The only thing that I could suggest would be more convienient would be if you could also purchase 500 points for £5 incase you only wanted one game.

Huh? What points?

I wish I could praise the store as the rest of you are doing, but I still can't access it. Everytime without fail I get error 005-5819. Kind of annoying, so I hope it will work soon.

Did anyone else get this same error, if so what did you do to fix it?

I wish I could praise the store as the rest of you are doing, but I still can't access it. Everytime without fail I get error 005-5819. Kind of annoying, so I hope it will work soon.

Did anyone else get this same error, if so what did you do to fix it?

I got an error on my first update attempt, didn't take any numbers down, or change anything, just tried again and it worked fine.