NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I've just ordered this

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/accessories/zelda-3ds-crystal-armor/91316

only i used Gamestop.ie

http://www.gamestop.ie/41680_Nintendo_3DS_Zelda_Crystal_Armour_3DS.aspx

it should be here in the next day or so since it was shipped yesterday and i paid for express shipping

other than that i use the mario hat one from club nintendo, which if i'm honest is a bit rubbish but what can you expect for a free case

It holds the DS and it has room to fit in some games loose or in cases

once i have the Armour case on i'm thinking of getting a better travel case

I still need a case actually so glad this points been raised :p

I've seen that one from The Hut - Mike1988uk has got it I think and its a really good case. Holds the games and the console and is definately protective.

I bought a Pink case from Game, it works a treat. Despite people thinking its a purse. :p Doesn't feel like one though once I smack them round the head with it.

I would never do that, don't want to damage my precious 3DS. :)

I still need a case actually so glad this points been raised :p

I've seen that one from The Hut - Mike1988uk has got it I think and its a really good case. Holds the games and the console and is definately protective.

The only downside is that it's bulky as fuck. as shown in the

se images:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Licensed-Mini-Elite-Transporter/dp/B004J15I8K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1308854336&sr=8-4

lol love the video and the last line "is small enough to fit in any larger bag or back pack" as apposed to what using an actual back pack as a case :hmm:

EDIT:

this looks ok

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Licensed-Pull-Storage-Folio/dp/B004SANBD6/ref=sr_1_14?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1308865334&sr=1-14

Edited by Agent Gibbs

That thing looks even bigger than the "elite" model Gibbs.

i thought it look CD wallet sized.... now i look again it does look big

If you pop into your local HMV with your Nintendo 3DS and use its StreetPass feature to collect a "HMV store Mii", the nice people behind the tills will give you 10 per cent off a Nintendo 3DS game.

There's a long list of stores taking part in the promotion over at the HMV website.

With StreetPass activated, you can exchange Mii data and recent gameplay information with other Nintendo 3DS owners you pass, even when your system is in sleep mode.

You can then see collected Mii characters in the Mii Plaza.

Very nice. Shame the games instore are overpriced.

OMG - I have to have that.

I really really love it!!!

Damn you temptation!

Also, the blue 3ds does look sexy :grin:

Really hope that if/when Nintendo get round to redesigning the 3DS or consider more colours, they'll opt for a matte finish. Really getting annoyed with the gloss finish on the system as it just attracts dust and finger prints (thought they had an anti-finger print coating on the unit) and no matter which kind of cleaning cloth I use, it just smugs the screens and the unit rather than cleaning them properly. Also not great for prolonged play as it gets greasy thanks to sweaty hands.

I'm probably the only one that's annoyed by it but it is beginning to grate. That and the constant lines from the touch screen on the top screen as well as the circle pad now leaving a mark even with a cloth between them when closed.

Why do they keep hopping back and forth between matte and glossy?

FUUUUUUUUUUCK! :D

Mario 3DS holder!

vertical.jpg

That looks so awesome, I'm so tempted to order one :P

Can you use it as a charge stand too? Or even if you just stuck the charger direct to the console would it still sit flush on the Mario?

Came across this..seems like a bug...

Playing Ocarina, switched to the internet browser to check something, game was suspended.

Then acidentally pressed the power button, the screen came up which suggests to put it into sleep mode. Clicked home instead to go back. My suspended app (Ocarina) had been closed.

This shouldn't happen really, should it? (Putting the device straight into sleep mode doesn't kill the game, so why should getting the prompt for sleep mode/turning it off do likewise?)

Yet another oversight with this system :hmm:

Just to confirm there is nothing significant coming now until september (when from then on it's going to be stupidly expensive!). That's good. Gives me time to wipe out my 3DS games, all the ds and wii game in my backlog before a decent winter of gaming arrives!

Now I just need to find some time...

Came across this..seems like a bug...

Playing Ocarina, switched to the internet browser to check something, game was suspended.

Then acidentally pressed the power button, the screen came up which suggests to put it into sleep mode. Clicked home instead to go back. My suspended app (Ocarina) had been closed.

This shouldn't happen really, should it? (Putting the device straight into sleep mode doesn't kill the game, so why should getting the prompt for sleep mode/turning it off do likewise?)

Yet another oversight with this system :hmm:

I find this somewhat annoying too :hmm:

When you consider that the DS Lite had the Start and Select buttons where the Power button is on the 3DS, I found myself pressing it by mistake when trying to pause a game during the first few weeks of owning the system. It was very frustrating..

I don't really make that mistake any more.. but that's not to say I won't :eek: I definitely think they need to look into it and find a solution..

I find that it requires a few seconds of holding it for it to do that though

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but the 3DS TV/Video channel is set for a European release on July 19th. There aren't many concrete details about it yet, but it has been confirmed that Sky will be one of the content providers, so for a small subscription fee you will likely be able to download 3D sports highlights.

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but the 3DS TV/Video channel is set for a European release on July 19th. There aren't many concrete details about it yet, but it has been confirmed that Sky will be one of the content providers, so for a small subscription fee you will likely be able to download 3D sports highlights.

why is it always sky sports on mobile devices? can't we get a selection of entertainment channels? Skyone? Sky Atlantic? FX? comedy Central? i pay for sky as it is it would be nice to watch it on the 3DS

It's vaguely possible that they will release a Sky Player app for the 3DS, but I doubt they will be making full programmes available for download. Sky 3D is a fledgeling platform and Sky are clearly seeing this as an opportunity to hook more customers in to purchasing a 3D TV and the Sky + HD package. Sky Player is quite unlikely anyway because it would probably end up being quite low quality, especially if they decided to offer live 3D streaming.

FUUUUUUUUUUCK! :D

Mario 3DS holder!

vertical.jpg

vertical_01.jpg

vertical_03.jpg

https://www.first4figures.com/component/option,com_myphp/Itemid,3/product,91/

$29.95... so about £20!

Pretty tempted to get one! :D

Might wait to see if PLAY get them in stock (they normally do with this manufacturer), so I don't have to pay some $11 in shipping costs.

I own this beast, though back when I purchased the thing it was merely a DS holder. No third dimension for my Mario, I'm afraid.

p1751040711.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now with added Pikachu!

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt nintendo say that the 3DS would not be like the Wii and we wouldn't be seeing huge droughts when it comes to software.

I am baffled as it is already happening!