NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Any word on Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked for Europe.

Just looked at Gamefaqs and the European release schedule looks very thin.

Any word on Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked for Europe.

Just looked at Gamefaqs and the European release schedule looks very thin.

If we ever get it I'll be very very pleased.

As much as I'd love to see it come over, based on Atlus' recent record of bringing their portable games for Nintendo consoles to Europe, I wouldn't hold my breath. Nintendo should step up and take publishing duties. They've done it with the Dragon Quest games, why not send some love the SMT way.

Retailers have already dropped it to £150-£160.

Thats the retailers here as Nintendo never put out an official RRP. Letting retailers decide the price from the get go was a stupid move by nintendo.

In the US I think the RRP is $250. They shouldn't drop it yet.

As much as I'd love to see it come over, based on Atlus' recent record of bringing their portable games for Nintendo consoles to Europe, I wouldn't hold my breath. Nintendo should step up and take publishing duties. They've done it with the Dragon Quest games, why not send some love the SMT way.

Maybe Nintendo should have just taken their head out of their own butt and made the thing region free we wouldn't be in this mess. Yup, that still burns me up.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Retailers have already dropped it to -

The cheapest I found online is £179 (€205).

Maybe Nintendo should have just taken their head out of their own butt and made the thing region free we wouldn't be in this mess. Yup, that still burns me up.

Ugh, seriously. I can't believe how unreasonably angry I still am about this. I think I would have been less mad if they'd made the 3DS casing out of skinned puppies. :blank:

Atlus doesn't have a European branch, so it's up to some other company to take on the publishing duties if we're going to see a release of Overclocked (or any other Atlus game) in Europe. I honestly wouldn't bet on Nintendo bringing it over here, since it's considerably more niche than Dragon Quest (and they're idiots, see: region locking).

Ghostlight published Persona 3 Portable in Europe, so if that did well, they may consider bringing Overclocked over here. Or some other company may take pity on us. Isn't waiting fun? :hehe:

What about 'deeper' and 'wider', and perhaps even 'harder' next year....?

this!

I plan on importing a 2nd machine. This region lock BS has to stop one day with nintendo!

I agree that I'm annoyed about the region lock...I have to buy a Japanese 3DS before the 28th of next month, but it's not that big an issue really

I agree that I'm annoyed about the region lock...I have to buy a Japanese 3DS before the 28th of next month, but it's not that big an issue really

Maybe not for you. We can't all be swimming in Pokémon money. :heh:

I'm kidding, but I still think it was an awful thing of Nintendo to do.

November or December for me buying a 3DS :heh:

The system update on OoT, is that the one for the eShop stuff?

I ask because I've been prompted to update to do a system update on my device just now but I already have the update from last week.

Not spotting any changes so far... going to have a look in the eShop...

Maybe it's just to fix the charge light and Ridge Racer issues as I'm not spotting anything different and the eShop hasn't updated yet - I can't test it though as I don't have RR and my charge light is fine.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I ask because I've been prompted to update to do a system update on my device just now but I already have the update from last week.

Maybe it's just to fix the charge light and Ridge Racer issues as I'm not spotting anything different and the eShop hasn't updated yet - I can't test it though as I don't have RR and my charge light is fine.

Yeah, it was just for bug and optimization fixes. Hopefully the charger light is included in the bug fixes, that was annoying.

Just found out what it does over on GoNintendo.

If you currently have update version 2.0.0-2U, this update provides:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments to enhance user experience

A correction for the screen freeze symptom experienced in the Ridge Racer 3D game

You can receive automatic updates when a wireless internet connection is available. When the download is complete, you will receive a dialog on the HOME Menu detailing the steps to install the update

If you have not completed the update released on June 6, version 2.0.0-2U, this update will add the following new features:

Nintendo eShop

Internet Browser

Transfer functionality to move DSiWareâ„¢ from Nintendo DSiâ„¢/Nintendo DSi XLâ„¢ systems to the Nintendo 3DSâ„¢ system

Automatic system updates

Improved stability and performance of the overall system

Is the update on the cart or did it get downloaded via Spot Pass or something?

Woo! I got my 3DS back just in time. :grin: They fixed it for free and everything!

Ocarina of Time tomorrow. :D

So wait, correct me if i'm wrong but are there really no games being released after Dream Trigger until Driver. That's a seven week barren spell.

OH FUCK IT

You those lines that appear on the top screen after closing the 3DS (from it touching the boarder of the bottom screen)

Normally they'd wipe away so I used think no big deal... but now the one on the left won't wipe away and there's two little dots too... I think maybe some dust settled on the bottem screen area and slightly scratched the top :heh:

It's only noticable when the system is turned off though, when playing you can't see anything, it's only very slight but I still know it's there so it annoys me.

Damn I should have gotten a bloody screen protector :heh:

Why do Nintendo always like to leave one small design flaw in these things?

OH FUCK IT

You those lines that appear on the top screen after closing the 3DS (from it touching the boarder of the bottom screen)

Normally they'd wipe away so I used think no big deal... but now the one on the left won't wipe away and there's two little dots too... I think maybe some dust settled on the bottem screen area and slightly scratched the top :heh:

It's only noticable when the system is turned off though, when playing you can't see anything, it's only very slight but I still know it's there so it annoys me.

Damn I should have gotten a bloody screen protector :heh:

Why do Nintendo always like to leave one small design flaw in these things?

i have the Hori screen protector (that covers all the black bit not just the screen like some) and its been ruined by scratching, its taken the top layer of the film off so its got a constant smudge now

so i've got a replacement i'm adding in a few days, and from reading up on it i've got a fix for the issue

its because the little rubber feet on the top screen are too small (theres a millimetre clearance on the left one so its sat on the screen), basically you buy replacement rubber feet and stick them on the 3DS top screen near the faulty Nintendo ones, and its recommended you do it on the screen protector so you don't damage the actual screen/void warranty

I'll post pictures when i'm done

(like these http://www.globalplastics.co.uk/retailproducts/small-bump-ons.jpg)

I never noticed those rubber feet before on the top screen.

Looking at how it closes I reckon had they put a 3rd one in the middle of the top part of the screen that might have worked to stop the top screen touching the bottom. I can't believe they didn't notice this in product testing :heh:

Anyway I got some protectors now, Gamestop only had their own branded ones. The top one only covers the screen part not the black bits which I guess is ok.

Luckily the pack had 2 covers for each screen as on both screen I messed things up with the first covers and ended up with dust sticking to the sticky part, but trying with the 2nd set it worked out fine.

I can imagine these covers will prolly take a bit of a beating over time but as long as any damage is not incurred to the actual screen I don't mind. They come off easy too and don't leave any sticky residue behind which is good.

It also came with a handy microfibre cloth which is prolly the best thing in the pack, I've been needing something decent for wiping the screen with instead of using the bottom of my t-shirts :heh:

I never noticed those rubber feet before on the top screen.

Looking at how it closes I reckon had they put a 3rd one in the middle of the top part of the screen that might have worked to stop the top screen touching the bottom. I can't believe they didn't notice this in product testing :heh:

Anyway I got some protectors now, Gamestop only had their own branded ones. The top one only covers the screen part not the black bits which I guess is ok.

Luckily the pack had 2 covers for each screen as on both screen I messed things up with the first covers and ended up with dust sticking to the sticky part, but trying with the 2nd set it worked out fine.

I can imagine these covers will prolly take a bit of a beating over time but as long as any damage is not incurred to the actual screen I don't mind. They come off easy too and don't leave any sticky residue behind which is good.

It also came with a handy microfibre cloth which is prolly the best thing in the pack, I've been needing something decent for wiping the screen with instead of using the bottom of my t-shirts :heh: