NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Are they selling the new nintendo e shop £money points cards in the shops yet

I think I glanced somewhere in all the text when starting up the eShop it said end of the month for those.

On exitebike 3d is anyone else having problems using the boost at the same time at the accelerate button, i can only seem to get 1 working at a time ?

Looking about after the update the 3DS gave the following in the options:

"Choose whether you would like SpotPass to automatically download software, such as free or trial software."

Demos please.

On exitebike 3d is anyone else having problems using the boost at the same time at the accelerate button, i can only seem to get 1 working at a time ?

That's the way Excitebike 'rolls' so to speak... or so I thought, you use the Turbo to go faster at certain points e.g to clear high ramps and then lay off it just before the engine starts to overheat, then use the standard accelerate for when you're avoiding small hazards on the course.

I thought that too, however unless im wrong

( its been years since i last played excitebike)

i thought you could always leave your finger on A, and press B at the same time to add some boost .

Looking about after the update the 3DS gave the following in the options:

"Choose whether you would like SpotPass to automatically download software, such as free or trial software."

Demos please.

Fingers crossed, not holding my breath though.

Still dumbfounded about no messaging system, do Nintendo ever learn?

Also, I think it's ludicrous that nintendo haven't learnt from Apples mistake and included the option of having folders. I don't want to scroll through pages and pages of games Ive downloaded, I want to store all my DSi downloads into one folder and open it up, same with Virtual Console and 3D classics. I wouldn't mind putting all the useless stuff in on folder too...

Next update, as soon as possible, messaging, game events, folders... Nintendo, fucking catch up will you!!!!

As for the rest of the stuff, the browser is predictable cack, functional for anyone with no smartphone, tablet. The DSi transfer was easy to do (if, as is a theme, incredible slow), like you can transfer individual things (though it would be better if you could tick all the things you wanted to transfer rather than ALL or SINGULARLY), pretty sure you can trasnfer from multiple DSi's too, but it does delete them from the original (obviously).

Excitebike is alright, is what it is, 3D is quite subtle until you move it, then you get a sense of what it is doing but playing it doesn't do much. I have no idea how to play the game though, haven't played it since playing it on Exciteboke (new version for cafe please), do you have to land your wheels in line with the floor? And there's a boost? Didn't know!

As for estore.. I like a lot of it. Wish you could fill it up with more boxes though (like the Wii menu and the 3DS main menu when you change the display)... I like the search at the bottom of the main page and once you're in, it searches pretty fast. What I hate and I think needs a lot of work, are the search options within the sections. Go to DSiWare and it has a list of recomended games, but there are simply too many clicks to get searching, click into a menu, then a search menu, then set your own filters... It's slow and clumsy. The main page should have drop boxes (hate going in to other menus), drop box and search for GENRE, RELEASE< POPULAR , or whatever) and new games come up, then you can add more filters if you so wish and it constantly narrows it down. Having to search (after going into 4 sub menus), then have a look, not enough, then go back in and research with new parameters... It's so archaic!!

Like the videos and such though, glad they're in 3D (can't wait for the video channel and all the TV and Sport and FILM content) and it's generally positive, but Nintendo still have some UI problems!

I thought that too, however unless im wrong

( its been years since i last played excitebike)

i thought you could always leave your finger on A, and press B at the same time to add some boost .

No I think it's always been this way, you just need to get used to sliding your thumb from B to A and back again at the appropriate times in order to clear the jumps and avoid 'slowing down' on them, it's quite a clevery designed system but obv these days it takes a little bit of getting used to but its lost none of its charm and the 3D effect only serves to enhance what's already there. :)

Anyone else not able to link eShop account to your Club Nintendo, despite my e-mail and password actually being right, 3DS tells me it isn't.

Arghhh what a pain in the ass. I think to myself "Actually, I fucking love Super Mario Land, I'll buy that!"

>Minimum payment £10

Fuck right off Nintendo. What's the point of getting rid of the points system if you're going to force this shit?

I thought Super Mario Land was free? :( Just like Excitebike is...

Thought in 3D in Excitbike was really, really good, actually feels as though it's coming out the screen somewhat, with 3D on Max and the ingame 3D option on Max. Has a better sense of 3D than Pilotwings... which just feels like added depth.

I too thought you would be able to hold down A and press B to boost, I couldn't understand why it wasn't working, until I realised you had to press them seperately, bit wierd.

Found the store disspointing though, there's just nothing there.

And if you can sync it up to your Club Nintendo account, which the Wii Store is also synced up to right... why can't you use your Wii points as 3DS points... seems stupid!

Haven't tried the browser yet.

There isn't a point system anymore now though, just real currency.

I quite like the browser, been pretty fast and loading times are good. So, so much better than the DSi one. And i'm liking Excitebike. Good little game to kill time with, and the track editor could be fun. If only you could send tracks to friends. But first, I really should get a better grasp of the controls.

>Minimum payment £10

Fuck right off Nintendo. What's the point of getting rid of the points system if you're going to force this shit?

It's exactly like the PSN store.

It's exactly like the PSN store.

Oh I know it happens on other platforms, but if I recall correct, PSN has a minimum payment of a fiver. You can only add funds in denominations of £10 on the 3DS store, which is fucking ridiculous.

Oh I know it happens on other platforms, but if I recall correct, PSN has a minimum payment of a fiver. You can only add funds in denominations of £10 on the 3DS store, which is fucking ridiculous.

Although I think you're a bit extreme, I'd prefer to put my credit card on there and just buy shit when I want to buy shit like the app store.

Although I think you're a bit extreme, I'd prefer to put my credit card on there and just buy shit when I want to buy shit like the app store.

I just think it's pretty silly that not only is the minimum amount of money you can add to your funds is £10, you can only add it in denominations of £10 too.

They should just add an option to just buy the one game with a card. But no, these companies probably make a fortune out of all the leftover cash that goes unspent.

I just think it's pretty silly that not only is the minimum amount of money you can add to your funds is £10, you can only add it in denominations of £10 too.

They should just add an option to just buy the one game with a card. But no, these companies probably make a fortune out of all the leftover cash that goes unspent.

Especially when nothing on the store is a round figure, everything's 3.70 or 4.20 or whatever!

Anyone else not able to link eShop account to your Club Nintendo, despite my e-mail and password actually being right, 3DS tells me it isn't.

I'm having this problem too, anyone else?

Right, I don't like to make a fuss about nothing, but I am very disappointed with the web browser. Resolution is quite good and I don't even mind that it's almost as slow as the DSi's. The problem? I've hardly been able to save any images at all. It just says "This image cannot be saved", with no explanation. If resolution is the problem, you'd think they could write some software that resized it.