NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

MARIO KART DS: This is the game I'm most excited about. THE LEAGUE will return in effing style when that is out. DLC, more multiplayer modes (SNES style battle mode please) and custom tracks and I will literally record me jizzing into the cameras of the 3DS (with the then functioning 3D video recording) and send it to everyone!!

LOST: Probably best if things don't grab you so far. Personally I think it's a really strong launch, Piltowings is incredible, as is Street Fighter, Ridge racer is also fantastic. Nintendogs is fun if you're into that kind of thing. Plus all the build in stuff. I'm more than happy. But waiting a couple of months can't hurt can it? :)

TAPEDECK: DAMMIT. Now I want to buy it... Though waiting until Sept/Oct with updated squads and online... But I'm not a patient person. If I see it come down I might just pick it up, as would love a footy game on the go!

..as long as you still invest in PES 2012, dazzy :heh:

For me, Pro Evo has always been about playing your friends. Since noone I know has a 3DS, I'll be counting on online to provide me with the competition I require! You will fall into that category :grin:

PES 6 on the go with updated squads, online play and perhaps some StreetPass interaction would be ideal :hehe:

If I bought Pro Evo now, it would noway stop me buying the new version. I'll buy it every year (unless FIFA is better). I love football games, yearly updates are a pain in the arse (especially as it could easily just be updated online) but the amount of play time I get out of them, bargain!

If I bought Pro Evo now, it would noway stop me buying the new version. I'll buy it every year (unless FIFA is better). I love football games, yearly updates are a pain in the arse (especially as it could easily just be updated online) but the amount of play time I get out of them, bargain!

This. I only never update if it's worse than previous editions. This years Wii outing was poor compared to 2010 but FIFA 11 was doing my head in with its pinball, can't take people on gameplay.

This looks better than the Wii versions, looks stunning from some perspectives and plays better than any other PES out at the moment - it just 'feels' better and the classic control scheme fits like a glove. Also, it has street pass functionality for Master League.

The lines are blurred when it comes to picking a fave PES but I can't believe a footy game this good is on a portable. Shame on those reviews which have slammed it for missing features. Out of the gate and for a first showing, this still has that heartbeat that was fine tuned by the footballing Gods at Konami from PES 3-6. It absolutely annihilates the ps3/360 versions on the pitch. Surely where it matters most? Sure it's been 'seen' before but if you are a footy fan this is still gold. Classic PES is still one of the best single player games of all time. :wink: it's like a canvas and your the artist and here it seems to have found a perfect home. Tweak the screen layouts and evolve the features and this will be untouchable.

Also - to keep on topic. AR cards own my life. They are classic Nintendo. Hanafuda all over again?

Rant over.

Edited by tapedeck

If you want to see the type of 3D that looks like something is coming out of the screen, just download and install the latest firmware. Once you've done that, go and watch the new video (comes with the new firmware).

It's not all 'eye-popping 3D' but there is a section that is.

And try viewing the hang glider diorama in Pilotwings, side-on with the wing coming out of the screen and 3D at max

Thing is, 3D on things like the 3DS and even TVs does not allow for things to pop out of the screen easily, but more to give depth. In movies in the cinema, you can get that illusion because there aren't really set boundaries fro you to view in. With the 3DS and TVs however, there are more defined boundaries and as such, your brain doesn't allow it

I can't say that I've noticed anything popping out of the screen (including the dioramas in Pilotwings) which is good, because I think that kind of 3D is way too cheesy.

On my 3D TV popout is limited. In, say Wipeout on ps3 in the camera mode you can place ships so it looks like they are coming out of the screen. Same goes for PES 3DS. Low down camera angle with the ball in front of you looks like it is popping out of the screen. IMO it harder to do this with fast moving images and better with stills or slow-mo.

As said above, cinema works due to the format. But it's usually as I've said - when in slow mo or when the image isn't moving.

It will come. It's early days for Developers so time will tell.

Does anyone know when the shop and browser will be available? I'm just curious if it will be soon, or in a couple of months or something. In a way, I'm happy if they are taking their time and putting a lot of effort into it.

Does anyone know when the shop and browser will be available? I'm just curious if it will be soon, or in a couple of months or something. In a way, I'm happy if they are taking their time and putting a lot of effort into it.

It's coming in May, hopefully, as an update for the console.

It's coming in May, hopefully, as an update for the console.

The end of May.

More Eddage on Nintendo TV Ep38 @34secs! :D

Hot damn, they love me :heh:

Shall check that out later.

A link retro?
To Eddage's couple of seconds of fame? It's on page2 of the Nintendo Channel.

EDIT: Here ya go

Edited by Retro_Link

Anyone see that Disney have put 3D pictures on their site to download for the 3DS? Hope more companies start doing this. It's a bit of a faff, downloading them to your computer, transferring them to your SD card and putting them on your 3DS, but I'm hoping when the 3DS browser comes out you can save pictures (any not just 3D) directly to your console.

Even more exciting, would be if people started making 3D version of their websites. Surely it's inevitable anyway, so why not start now with the 3DS?! Nintendo must, to inspire and get the ball rolling; think that would be awesome!!

Really can't wait for this update. Looking forward to seeing the video content (hope the free music video isn't the quality and in game FMV's more akin to what it's like)! PLEASE BE PRICED RIGHT!!!

I hope I'm not hurting my 3DS by leaving it turned on the whole time. With the cradle and everything, I usually just keep it in sleep mode, compared to my DSi which I always turned off. This behavior doesn't damage the battery or the device in any way does it?

I hope I'm not hurting my 3DS by leaving it turned on the whole time. With the cradle and everything, I usually just keep it in sleep mode, compared to my DSi which I always turned off. This behavior doesn't damage the battery or the device in any way does it?

I do it too so it better not :) It's what Nintendo want us to do, so I probably won't but sometimes I do worry!

Does it affect the charge if you charge it half done in, I heard it's better to drain the battery full first, but then I remember reading that was the older style batteries and the new ones it doesn't matter.... Any battery experts?!

Also, with how technology is progressing and the amazing tech out there, it's PHENOMENAL that battery power can't keep up!!

I keep mine on all the time. I tested out how long it could last this week. I had it fully charged when I went out early Tuesday morning, only played with it for about an hour over the next couple of days, but the battery didn't run out until late on Thursday night. So that was 3 full days on standby, with an hours play. Was fairly impressed with that.

Since my other thread went down terribly, I present to you guys another solution for the weak battery life!

Presenting the Veho VCC-A008-PBP-XT Pebble Portable!

Not only will this charge your consoles, it'll also charge your phone. I actually own one of these and they're pretty goddamn powerful. The device linked above is the same as this one, only it comes with more tips, including the DSi charger tip you'd use with your 3DS.

As you can see from reviews, it's a pretty swish piece of kit. Only negative feedback is you'll want to invest in decent USB to device cables as the supplied one the tips attach to is a little bit on the flimsy-will-definitely-break-before-long side. Now I think about it, you could easily get the cheaper model with less tips and supply your own USB charging cables.

Sorry to rattle on about battery life solutions, I'm just really digging this console and want to be able to play it a lot when I'm about in the wild.

Hope this helps someone!

I'm starting to see 3DS-style depth in my computer monitor! My eyes, my eyes!!

Got 14 streetpass hits today , mind you i did go to one of the tour events ;)

When you say tour event, do you mean 3DS tour for people to play, or a streetpass event?

PS Anyone else like to see Waverace 3D?!

an actual nintendo tour cube thing with about 20 demo units.

i also checked all the screens and 50% of them sufferd from a wobbly top screen.