NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

There's always this, PSP closes in on 3DS in Japan

I had a go on Ashley's 3DS the other day. I just can't see why the DS needed to be succeeded yet. Also, the design is horrendous. It looks like the aborted love child of My Little Pony and Battenberg cake.

I guess I might pick one up when Pokemon arrives.

Nintendo released the successor to the DS, because It's in Nintendo's best interest to do so. What makes you think the DS doesn't need to be succeeded yet?

The design isn't that bad, I think it looks better than the DS Lite and It's a hell of a lot better than the phat. Personally the word 'horrendous' isn't the word I'd use. I think if you want to use a word that describes the 3DS design in a negative point-of-view, I'd use the word plain.

I think it's a very good system, the only downside is that it's early days yet, so not much out for it. But that's the same with all new system launches.

I do like the way you've described your dislike for the 3DS design btw. :laughing:

Edit: Is this one of those situations you warned me previously of, where I'm not meant to take you seriously?

Edited by The Lillster

Yeah, that might be a point if it wasn't for the fact that those a pretty much the normal PSP sales numbers.

They're double the previous week's...

Didn't see any doomsaying for the PSP last week.

It's also the power of Monster Hunter at work here still as well for the PSP.

The moment a Pokemon, or a Monster Hunter or a Dragon Quest and or the crazy new idea of Nintendo's similar to brain training comes out on the 3DS, 3DS will have very similar numbers. You know...kind of like how the DS originally went.

That's how I see it anyway.

I'd use facts rather than conjecture. I'd remove any bias and positive nor negative slant and provide the core details.

I've seen a similar article somewhere and in comparison this one is practically free of bias. It never fails to list all the things the 3DS has going for it. It's speculation, yes, but it's doesn't claim to be anything else. And beyond that, the points it makes are quiet valid.

Seriously, Amazon has claimed preorders for the 3DS where record breaking, which shows, that there is a fanbase eating up the thing. It's not the holiday season, it's a pure gaming device, it has to lives from the launch lineup, which is solid, but doesn't necessarily make anyone spend 250 bucks on a whim in March etc.. And maybe, this time Nintendo managed to plan out the launch and their supplies a lot better than with the Wii.

Even if the 3DS doesn't break all records in the UK (why does it have to?), it's a gaming device. There will be games for it, that'll pull more people in. The system will evolve (because thankfully Nintendo hasn't fucked up everything on the OS level this time). There'll be word to mouth, especially when the holiday season starts and it'll be on the market for probably another 6 years. There will be revisions down the line, that create a new buzz of their own, but won't make older devices useless, as it's a gaming device and has to maintain a homogeneous hardware landscape (in contrast to smartphones and tablets).

Any gloating articles on how the 3DS totally tanked are unwarranted at this time, but that one's not among them.

Will we still need our DSi's to put over our shop content, or will it work off of our club nintendo accounts? I want to get rid of my DSi but I presume I have to wait!

Will we still need our DSi's to put over our shop content, or will it work off of our club nintendo accounts? I want to get rid of my DSi but I presume I have to wait!

Going by what Nintendo has said so far, wait!

One of the booklets for the 3DS says that you need to download Transfer software on the DSi to transfer software.

Cheers guys. Dammit, will lose value! Oh well... Hope it sends over save data too!

It's also the power of Monster Hunter at work here still as well for the PSP.

The moment a Pokemon, or a Monster Hunter or a Dragon Quest and or the crazy new idea of Nintendo's similar to brain training comes out on the 3DS, 3DS will have very similar numbers. You know...kind of like how the DS originally went.

That's how I see it anyway.

Exactly. That's just what I said to a few friends earlier.

Just found a Royal Fail COULD NOT DELIVER NOTE in the mailbox. This is either the 3DS console or our games. No way to know as the delivery office is being supremely awkward and telling us to call back in a few hours. The worst part is the delivery was attempted at 12 noon and the house had plenty of people in. The dude simply didn't knock on the door or ring the doorbell.

This console has been nothing but trouble for us so far, wonder if when we open it there'll just be an old Dotmatrix GameBoy in there with a cracked screen.

Really really really off topic, but it made me chuckle.

fyVBe.jpg

Just found a Royal Fail COULD NOT DELIVER NOTE in the mailbox. This is either the 3DS console or our games. No way to know as the delivery office is being supremely awkward and telling us to call back in a few hours. The worst part is the delivery was attempted at 12 noon and the house had plenty of people in. The dude simply didn't knock on the door or ring the doorbell.

This console has been nothing but trouble for us so far, wonder if when we open it there'll just be an old Dotmatrix GameBoy in there with a cracked screen.

I've had a Royal Fail postman try that one me. Unfortunately for him, our front door, and the immediate area surrounding it, is glass so he was a little shocked to see the door open just as he was about to put the While You Were Out slip through the door and me standing there. Lazy b*****ds! They strike for higher pay and when they get it, they don't even justify it with doing their job properly :nono:

It was just our games being delivered. I'd be more annoyed if we actually had a console to play them on, but I suppose that'll be showing up tomorrow if HMV are true to their word. Should hopefully be joining the 3DS fun this weekend, at last.

Still, poor show from Royal Fail once again. Might actually print this out and stick it on the door:

RM-amin.jpg

Edited by Guy

I've been playing the 3DS again today for a bit and been enjoying the AR games :hehe: One thing is starting to really annoy me, though :hmm: The top screen is wobbly so if you tilt the console towards yourself just a tiny little bit, the top half of the console will flop towards you a bit.

I had read it's quite common but since not everyone suffers from it, it must be a defect, right? I was hoping it wouldn't really bother me.. but it is :sad: Since I got the console from GAME.co.uk, will it be possible to take it into the store in town to have a look at it for me?

Anyone receive a t shirt email today ,or will the be more likely to come tomorrow ?
Why today/tomorrow specifically? Because it's a week since the launch?

I have no clue what's going on with the T-Shirts, the lack of any info is rediculous! I sent them an email last week to ask whether because I'd registered early would I still be considered, to which they replied...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we do not currently have definite information regarding this Club Nintendo promotion, but our European head office is currently investigating this. As soon as we have further information we will get back to you.

Thank you for contacting Nintendo customer support.

Kind Regards,

Michael

Your Nintendo Team

They don't seem to have a clue about the T-Shirts themselves!

The last five weeks (starting with this week's and going backwards) PSP units sold:

Average units sold per week - 48,447

So 50,479 is just a spot above average.

(Couldn't be bothered to dig further into the past :heh:)

(This is more backing up Daft's earlier point that 50,000 is around average, just quoted this particular quote because I'm lazy)

Me and Enchantress got the Black one today..I Like, I like very much, took me a few minutes to actually get the 3d but while I was playing Street fighter I adjusted to it and I can see it, it's bloody nice, not sure what else there really is to do, can't do the mii quest yet, I've got street pass on so i'll be taking it around with me and hopefully i'll get some people...hopefully.

I like the AR Cards, need to play more on the shooting one but it's good, face raiders is funny.

all in all I bloody love it, knew I would even if I couldn't see the 3D, and Street fighter is awesome.

edit..Did feel a little weird in the head after playing street fighter, possibly because it's the first time but I'm good.

3DS Get!

Without a game though, I still have enough normal DS games to finish until a game I really want comes out.

Our 3DS and games have arrived. Very impressed with the device so far. It plays older DS games like Mario 64 DS very well now there's an analog stick in play. D-pad still feels mega accessible as well though.

Also, the shine. It blinds me!

Well, my time as a 3DS owner has come to an end. I started getting headaches on tuesday which have carried on up until today. This being the case I took my 3DS to HMV and got £201 cash back off it with Pilotwings. I kept Streetfighter and will trade that in at a later date.

I had problems with headaches a couple of years ago, it was pretty serious and I had to get scans and such. It's a shame that this has happened but when it comes to my health versus my hobby, my health will always come first.

It's a new record for me trading in a console, less than a week! Everyone feel free to delete my FC from your 3DS. :(

That sucks, Hero :hmm: Were you still having problems when playing in 2D?

Hard to say. The headaches had already started and are still with me now. I imagine I would have been fine if I had played just 2D from the start, but I figured what's the point in having the thing if I can't use its biggest selling point?

Hard to say. The headaches had already started and are still with me now. I imagine I would have been fine if I had played just 2D from the start, but I figured what's the point in having the thing if I can't use its biggest selling point?

That suuuuuucks...I am sure you will pick it up if MH comes out on it, switch to 2D and all good ;) 300 hours later :heh: