NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Let us not forget a more prominent lesson which benefits your eyes much more: Do not stare directly in to The Sun.

Did you just admit that you take everything that The Sun prints seriously?

No. I admit that I read the Sun while at work and I also enjoy it. It's not as smutty as the Star and less political than the Mirror. Just right for me. :D

Technology has advanced far more quickly than consumer law and there is no redress for buyers who want to return the console as – through no fault of their own – they cannot use it. Currently they are being told by Nintendo and retailers there are no grounds to return it under current laws as the console is not faulty. For our readers, this is a problem as paying out £200 for an item you cannot use is not acceptable.

When on Earth will they understand that the 3D is completely optional? It's like saying that people should be allowed to return an Xbox 360 just because they don't have a HDTV (just a regular one) at home.

When on Earth will they understand that the 3D is completely optional? It's like saying that people should be allowed to return an Xbox 360 just because they don't have a HDTV (just a regular one) at home.

But 3D is the whole point for most people, otherwise it is essentially a ds.

But 3D is the whole point for most people, otherwise it is essentially a ds.

So the Xbox 360 is no different to the original Xbox? The GameCube was just the N64 in a new case?

It depends on how much you value graphics really. I didn't think the ds crowd cared that much for them, and it isn't impressively powerful. The games library is essentially no different to the ds games library right now anyway.

Same thing happened with the Wii - people smashing each other in the face because the remote was a 'danger'.

Its all total crap.

I dont deny people may have trouble using the 3d but the best thing is the 'it has improved my eyesight' stories that the Sun are using as ways to show 'positivity' toward the console is laughable.

Shows the utter rubbish they write to say eyesight has improved using it. Dont believe it for a second.

And I also agree with the 'just turn 3d off' comment. Its the reason for the slider being there. I dont play PilotWings in 3d coz i prefer not to.

Some games for me are better with 3d off. And that doesn't make it just a 'DS' either as the DS is no way capable of displaying graphics as high quality as the 3DS.

It depends on how much you value graphics really. I didn't think the ds crowd cared that much for them, and it isn't impressively powerful. The games library is essentially no different to the ds games library right now anyway.

Which means it's full, as opposed to a new console without full backwards compatibility. But yes, the marketing pushes the 3D so much and it's so early in the console's lifetime, that an uninformed buyer might think 3D is the whole point. Until 3DS games start to steal away the DS game's shelf space, that is.

Exactly. They bought it for the 3D, not for the graphics. If they can't use the 3D they don't want it, simple as that.

Exactly. They bought it for the 3D, not for the graphics. If they can't use the 3D they don't want it, simple as that.

But still, it stands in Nintendo's favour regardless of what The Sun thinks. Nintendo makes the 3D optionality clear and indicates it's playable without it. As such, the reason of purchase is irrelevant

But still, it stands in Nintendo's favour regardless of what The Sun thinks. Nintendo makes the 3D optionality clear and indicates it's playable without it. As such, the reason of purchase is irrelevant

Not sure I agree with that ethically though. Even legally, I think Nintendo should have to make it clear that it doesn't work for everyone and you should try before you buy. Does it say on the box it mightn't work for you?

Yeah it does detail the 3D effect in detail including what not to do, when not to use it and so forth, then referring to the operating manual for further details

Well then they should have read the box, it's their own fault. Nintendo can't be expected to have a big neon arrow pointing to where it says try before you buy.

Well it doesn't say try before you buy persay

However, Nintendo have been going hard on the marketing asking you to try

I think it has to be on the box that you should try it to make sure it works for you. Otherwise it has to be assumed that you didn't know it mightn't work. As an extreme example look at what Geohot is doing with Sony, he is claiming that he didn't know that Sony America didn't exist, since the box only mentions Sony Japan. He's getting away with it too.

I think it has to be on the box that you should try it to make sure it works for you. Otherwise it has to be assumed that you didn't know it mightn't work. As an extreme example look at what Geohot is doing with Sony, he is claiming that he didn't know that Sony America didn't exist, since the box only mentions Sony Japan. He's getting away with it too.

With the logic you're getting at though, the 3D would HAVE to be on, not an optional feature

Yeah but it is one of the main features of it, it's even in the name. Just because it can be turned off doesn't mean it is allowed to not work. If it depends on the physical attributes of the person, it should say.

Yeah but it is one of the main features of it, it's even in the name. Just because it can be turned off doesn't mean it is allowed to not work. If it depends on the physical attributes of the person, it should say.

Ah, now that it does say.

Same thing happened with the Wii - people smashing each other in the face because the remote was a 'danger'.

Lol, yeah i remember all them 'pictures' of a wii mote through a tv etc etc!

Ah I knew it, it must say somewhere that it mightn't work for some. I am going to have to try it again I amn't sure if I can see it, though I can see the 3D in the movies. When I tried it it looked blurry to me, but that was without a game, just the AR.

Edit: Fucking yes! I trid the framing game again and when I focused really hard I saw what I was meant to see :D

http://www.vision3d.com/frame.html

Ok a bit premature since it is still ghostly/disappearing and reappearing but we're getting somewhere.

It depends on how much you value graphics really. I didn't think the ds crowd cared that much for them, and it isn't impressively powerful.

It is, actually, there's no way it's just a DS. Fly about Wuhu Island in Pilotwings - the hills are crisp and covered in individual trees and neatly-mowed lawns. On the DS that would have been represented by a green and brown smudge. Fly higher and see the impressive draw-distance, as balloons are visible from miles away. The DS could never calculate anything like that.

Haha, how are the Sun able to keep going for so long with their bullshit?

"We've tested a guy using his 3DS for 3 minutes, whilst riding Red Rum during the Grand National. He was definitely sick afterwards. A little bit. Ok, he wasn't actually sick, but had a slight headache."

From what I recall (of the whole Jan Moir's "homosexuals are destined to die" Stephen Gatley thing) only the affected party can officially log a complaint so until Nintendo do so they can keep publishing bullshit. Arguably simply batting it off as nonsense and reiterating "we advise x,y,z" is a better approach anyway. I can't be bothered to explain but...yeah.

Although annoyingly in spite of me telling my mother and her partner a number of times they still seem a bit concerned. I feel like saying "I'm an informed member of the video game journalism industry, they're writing stories inbetween sex-fuelled hot tub parties in French ski resorts".