NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I just found out earlier today I'm 1 out of 10 winners in the Amazon Nintendo 3DS “Win your money back” Prize Draw. :yay: I was so suprised when I read the email, I couldn't believe it so that's a free 3DS when I least expected it. :o

I've not really played on it much though, I've got a ton of DS games but they do look stretched on the 3DS.

Edited by The-Ironflame

Nice one Ironflame!

I get that vertical mark too. It just rubs away.

And god DAMN it no Starfox on that list. I NEED MAH LYLAT WARS

Just a random question in between: when using the stylus, who actually extends it to it's full lenght?

I always extend my stylus to full length.

Oh, you meant the 3DS one...

Did anyone ever notice Quagmire's face is basically a massive scrotum with a penis nose?

So my 3DS arrived today... very impressed so far.

Got Pilotwings Resort & Lego Star Wars 3 with it.

Was playing about with the Mario AR card and he was popping out of my 3DS.. I was in awe..

Anyways, just spent 20 minutes adding everyone.. so please add me back.

You know you'll need me added when Mario Kart is released ;)

So the DS outsold it in a month compared to 3DS's 3 days in America. Yet, despite it selling an awesome amount, people are still saying it failed. Oish

It's launch week sales (which it only had 4 days of) are on par with the Wii, more than the 360 and PS3 and they were in holiday times, not in the middle of March

Edited by Serebii

Was looking into the 3DS yesterday - for some reason I hadn't seen any game footage other than Nintendogs - I assued the games would just be slightly more graphically-souped up DS games, but they're proper games with proper graphics. :o

Intriguing. That said, I can't justify buying one as I buy at most 1 DS game every year, and usually less than that.

Was looking into the 3DS yesterday - for some reason I hadn't seen any game footage other than Nintendogs - I assued the games would just be slightly more graphically-souped up DS games, but they're proper games with proper graphics. :o

Intriguing. That said, I can't justify buying one as I buy at most 1 DS game every year, and usually less than that.

Look at videos of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries

So the DS outsold it in a month compared to 3DS's 3 days in America. Yet, despite it selling an awesome amount, people are still saying it failed. Oish

It's launch week sales (which it only had 4 days of) are on par with the Wii, more than the 360 and PS3 and they were in holiday times, not in the middle of March

Psp has outsold it the past two or three weeks in Japan. It sold half of what Nintendo expected it to sell. Sad fax :(

So my 3DS arrived today
Can't find my post where I predicted that you'd cave in (think it was in one of the MK league threads), but yeah... I told you so. :laughing:

*Excitement for MK 3DS increases*

: peace:

Psp has outsold it the past two or three weeks in Japan. It sold half of what Nintendo expected it to sell. Sad fax :(

Source ?

Which means they have to work a bit if they want to obtain a similar dominant market status as they have enjoyed with the DS and that they were maybe a bit overconfident. What is "sad" about that?

It's not that 800k+ units of an expensive entertainment machine in a timespan with a natural and a following nuclear disaster means it has tanked. When the PSP outsells it around Christmas, then they are in trouble. :p

It will probably end up pwning but I was just pointing out that it is in fact underperforming, since Serebii said it wasn't. Also it's not like the natural disaster doesn't affect the psp. But yeah Nintendo traditionally own Christmas :p

That says they didn't sell out. And half what people expected. Where is the number Nintendo expected?

Nintendo said they were SHIPPING 1.5 million. People took it to mean that they were hoping to SELL 1.5 million

PSP just had major games which Japan fornicates over.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

The numbers the psp is doing now are fairly standard, it did majorly well the week the 3ds came out but obviously was outsold. Right now they are standard. The reason people say they expected them to sell is because 1.5million being shipped to Japan when shortages are expected worldwide would be a waste otherwise. It is almost half of worldwide shipments.

The numbers the psp is doing now are fairly standard, it did majorly well the week the 3ds came out but obviously was outsold. Right now they are standard. The reason people say they expected them to sell is because 1.5million being shipped to Japan when shortages are expected worldwide would be a waste otherwise. It is almost half of worldwide shipments.

Shortages were expected by fools. Nintendo shipped 4 million in order to prevent shortages

Really pleased there's been no shortages. No eBay sellers have much chance of making profit :)

It's not underperfomring, it's just there was stupid amounts ready for launch to avoid shortages, all as Serebii said.

Their goal wasn't for a complete sellout, their goal was for a good suuply, which they did. Not to mention Japans been stuck with the weak launch up from February, and the PSP has Monster Hunter.

You shouldn't have expected shortages.

It's not underperfomring, it's just there was stupid amounts ready for launch to avoid shortages, all as Serebii said.

Their goal wasn't for a complete sellout, their goal was for a good suuply, which they did. Not to mention Japans been stuck with the weak launch up from February, and the PSP has Monster Hunter.

You shouldn't have expected shortages.

Not to mention an Earthquake which messed up their economy

You keep saying that as if it doesn't affect the psp :/ But yeah they did say beforehand that there would be no shortages, but they still only sold half of their shipment. They must be going for high profit margins and lower sales.

PSP has Monster Hunter, which is stupidly popular, 3DS has had nothing due to earthquakes and delays. It's been pretty much the same software for 2 months.

Monster Hunter came out like 6 months ago, if the implication is that it is receiving a temporary boost to surpass the 3DS. Lack of good games is the problem though, as you say. I'm not saying it is the system's fault. Just saying it is not outselling the previous generation and you have been giving me the reasons why.