NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Very tempted to go pick up a 3DS in town later. I did promise myself I wasnt going to until there was a game out I wanted for it but im very weak when it comes to new things!

Got my email about the Club Nintendo T-shirt today. No choice of size, and I have to allow 8 weeks for delivery...

No e-mail for me yet :sad: I'd better get one!

When I got the limited original DS through the stars catalogue they gave a free t-shirt with that... I don't remember picking a size for it and the one I got was in a small. It still fits but a medium would've been better. I think if you can't pick your size then it'll probably be a generous small.

Yep I got a T-Shirt email today too!

After filling out your info and proceeding to the next page, the 'Your free Nintendo 3DS T-shirt will be shipped to the following address:' page... did anyone else have trouble clicking 'Submit' on this page. When I do, it says 'Error on page' and the bottom of the screen... but I presume it's gone through anyway.

Anyone know if there's a follow up confirmation email?

Yep I got a T-Shirt email today too!

After filling out your info and proceeding to the next page, the 'Your free Nintendo 3DS T-shirt will be shipped to the following address:' page... did anyone else have trouble clicking 'Submit' on this page. When I do, it says 'Error on page' and the bottom of the screen... but I presume it's gone through anyway.

Anyone know if there's a follow up confirmation email?

I'm having that problem.

edit - Nevermind I had click the very right edge of the submit button to make it work. Then I got the 8 weeks message.

Does anyone know the official release date for the store and the browser yet? I remember dates being chucked around before but I don't remember anything being confirmed.

Just "May".

Although there's a lack of mention in the spring line up just announced.

I'm having that problem.

edit - Nevermind I had click the very right edge of the submit button to make it work. Then I got the 8 weeks message.

Thanks very much for that. I'd never have worked it out myself, but it worked. :)

I'm having that problem.

Thanks, I've just re-done it!

Was having a go on Ridge Racer earlier, turned off and then saw a mark on the screen. Tried to wipe it away but then I saw the exact same on the other side. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU! It's not effecting the screen when used but the console really shouldn't be doing that.

So annoyed. I've been very careful closing the thing :mad: Just from my experiences so far, Nintendo really have dropped the ball on build quality with the 3DS. That top screen shouldn't be coming into contact with the touch screen and it's surroundings when closed but clearly it is, regardless of how the console is shut.

Just a random question in between: when using the stylus, who actually extends it to it's full lenght? I was just using it, an realised I'd never done that of ever felt the need to.

Anybody else has?

Pretty funky, though.

Just a random question in between: when using the stylus, who actually extends it to it's full lenght? I was just using it, an realised I'd never done that of ever felt the need to.

Anybody else has?

Pretty funky, though.

I always extend it to full length.

Managed to try 3DS in Best Buy yesterday, very impressed with the 3D effects. Gives a real sense of perspective and depth when I tried out Pilotwings and an AR game. The 3D blurred for me on max range, but settled well just below maximum. I don't know whether it was the console or something else, but even though I briefly played the console for 10 minutes, I had a minor headache afterwards. Bit worrying, I will hopefully have a proper go with a mate's console later in the month, but ultimately once the games arrive and there's no continued problem with the headaches I will likely make a purchase :)

It extends???

I had no idea either. All this time I've been annoyed at the shorth lenght...

Was having a go on Ridge Racer earlier, turned off and then saw a mark on the screen. Tried to wipe it away but then I saw the exact same on the other side. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU! It's not effecting the screen when used but the console really shouldn't be doing that.

So annoyed. I've been very careful closing the thing :mad: Just from my experiences so far, Nintendo really have dropped the ball on build quality with the 3DS. That top screen shouldn't be coming into contact with the touch screen and it's surroundings when closed but clearly it is, regardless of how the console is shut.

I take it that's a vertical mark on the top screen? I've got one myself and it was puzzling me, as I'm also very careful, but this explains everything. Hmm, not very impressive.

...Anyway, thanks for the list, darksnowman. Zelda is the only Day 1 purchase for me, although I'm very tempted by Puzzle Bobble too (although I wouldn't play it in 3D). Hopefully that'll get to £14.99 quite quickly.