NEurope
Zechs Merquise

The Conduit 2

I'll be buying it.

This franchise belongs on the Wii and a next installment will be quite the treat on the Wii's successor:D

What with SO many awesome games shown at E3, the Conduit 2 is really gonna have to go some way to get any attention from me tbh!

*Co-op off and on-line

*An even more awesomised campaign (or so I've heard/read)

*Open voice chat (which makes more modes actually worth playing, rather than free-for-all) wih bleeding headmic to reduce bandwith wastage

*Rivals AND ally list (add friends with friend codes)

*Interact with objects for cover

*Blast off enemy armour (helmets etc)

Man I could keep going on. I even heard vehicles will be seen this time around :D:bouncy::yay:

Well, that be more than enough for mii-hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :laughing:

Yep i'm also very weary due to the lacklustre first one...at the moment, i won't be buying it..just gonna wait to hear peoples opinions!

Yep i'm also very weary due to the lacklustre first one...at the moment, i won't be buying it..just gonna wait to hear peoples opinions!

I wouldnt have personally called The Conduit lacklustre; its a mixing pot of the exceptional and the uninspired, but greater than the sum of its parts. Maybe I just got into the 'zone' with it, I don't know, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. But i've in general missed much of the FPS genre in recent years. Remember, some people referred to the game as feeling like Goldeneye - and in my opinion, it was just that - a 1996 game with sprucy visuals. But thats no bad thing.

I wouldnt have personally called The Conduit lacklustre; its a mixing pot of the exceptional and the uninspired, but greater than the sum of its parts. Maybe I just got into the 'zone' with it, I don't know, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. But i've in general missed much of the FPS genre in recent years. Remember, some people referred to the game as feeling like Goldeneye - and in my opinion, it was just that - a 1996 game with sprucy visuals. But thats no bad thing.

Yeah you got into the zone..i thought it was lacklustre..they hyped it up too much in my opinion. I got bored way before the end.

Multiplayer Mode

Super high quality screenshots, it's what we're known for.

As with before, local multiplayer in Conduit 2 takes the form of matches ranging from 2 to 4 players, with High Voltage promising a vast expansion in the amount of modes available, as well as the return of basics such as Death Match, Team Death Match, Team Objective, and Bounty Hunter. Before I get into the way it handled, I’ll delve briefly into Sullivan’s discussion of the team’s major goals with Conduit 2 multiplayer.

Firstly, he addressed the elephant in the room head on: the previous game’s bevy of exploited online glitches. This time around, the game is going to be remotely patchable for continually enhanced online play, and High Voltage plans on staying up to date with all the latest issues plaguing online multiplayer should they arise. Additionally, lag time time present in between matches due to the complicated menu system will be pared down to the bare essentials, as Sullivan and team promise wait times of 30 seconds to 1 minute in between matches!

Moreover, the team wanted to take the quality of the last game’s experience and give it increased exposure, which is why Conduit 2 will have “rival mode†enabled, whereby you can add players who don’t have your friends code to a list as “rivals†that you can play over and over again. Sullivan calls it a “Nintendo-friendly way to bypass the friends code limitations†and hopes it will afford the best of both worlds (Miley Cyrus?).

IMG_2859.jpg

Most excitingly, however, is the fact that Conduit 2 will ship with a headset Sullivan calls “as first party as we’ll get†from Nintendo, making it the game that will drag Wii online play into the modern day (we hope). Communication will be able to stream actively in the gameplay lobby before matches, during the matches themselves, and in between set up for matches that follow, meaning one thing and one thing only: Wii flame wars.

No flame wars to be had, however, during my own multiplayer matches out on the floor with the friendly guys from the dev. team at High Voltage, who echoed Sullivan’s comments in calling Conduit 2‘s development process a quest to “make this game what the first game should have been.†And while multiplayer in the first Conduit title was heads above anything else out there for the Wii, I could tell right away the same efforts being put into single player had been directed at multiplayer as well. Right from the outset, starting a match takes about half the time I remember it taking when I last played the first title, with level and rules selections being easily accessible and streamlined in their placement.

Once inside the test level I played (an “English Gardens†level), I was versed on several of the over 20 new weapons being brought to the table for use, and can tell you that Conduit 2 is looking to be Halo-quality in its scope of weaponry. Testing “the basics†alone, I was given access to a SCAR semi-automatic machine gun whose charge side effect is momentary radar invisibility, and a spectacularly annoying remote access turret that allows players to roam around the level and receive a convenient notification when enemies are in range of the turret, which you can then fire ad infinitum at your confused opponents! Traversing levels, sniping enemies, engaging in close and melee combat, and even dying at the hands of a skilled opponent all felt quickly natural, and consistently fun.

My only gripe with the still-fluid, fast-paced multiplayer was that both levels I played during my demo were extremely small, and overly easy to navigate to the point of feeling repetitious even to me as a first time player. However, Sullivan insisted that they’re taking a bigger and better than ever approach to the game’s multiplayer, confirming a Modern Warfare-like perk system made up of suit upgrades, and hinting at the inclusion of vehicles (!!!) into some of the larger levels.

17 kills and one Death Match win later, I was thoroughly pleased with the overall experience of multiplayer, and feel like the real test of quality will lie in the game’s online fluidity; alas, a fall 2010 release time shall keep us waiting for some time yet to confirm the capabilities of anything beyond local multiplayer.

:bouncy:Here's to hoping my wifi will be as good in my new house, for I'll be opening a LOT o' cans holding a certain subtance!

I'm hoping that headset is a worldwide inclusion with the game. Looks nice and hopefully it'll work a hell of a lot better than WiiSpeak ever has for me. Barely worked in Animal Crossing and with the first Conduit, it just didn't work at all. Never really been a fan of WiiSpeak anyway and always preferred to wear a headset so fingers crossed on this one.

I believe that headset isn't backwards-compatible with Wii Speak-enabled games. It'll only work with games programmed for it to; Conduit 2 being the first.

I believe that headset isn't backwards-compatible with Wii Speak-enabled games. It'll only work with games programmed for it to; Conduit 2 being the first.

Nooooooooooooooooo!

I was so hoping I could use it with Monster Hunter. Ah well, I don't actually have any problems with Wii Speak as it is.

As far as I'm aware, only the US has a release date at the moment and that is the 2nd of November. I'm sure I saw that date banded around somewhere in conjunction with some recent Conduit 2 news.

If true, not a bad release. The week before Black Ops so it's not going to die in its first week on sales. It perhaps will from the second week on though.

As far as I'm aware, only the US has a release date at the moment and that is the 2nd of November. I'm sure I saw that date banded around somewhere in conjunction with some recent Conduit 2 news.

If true, not a bad release. The week before Black Ops so it's not going to die in its first week on sales. It perhaps will from the second week on though.

This is the big problem devs have with releases, do they wait it out until the release schedule is less tightly packed, or do they go for it and release their game in the holiday season?

If they release it in the holiday season they benefit from the vastly increased sales at that time of year, or they can get lost in the crowd and be forgotten up against the giants like COD.

It's a good year for Wii shooters, with COD:BO, Goldeneye and The Conduit 2. However, I'd say out of the three The Conduit 2 has to be the outsider. Goldeneye has the memories of one of the greatest ever shooters, 8 million+ sales on the N64, a massive Activison budget and plenty of hype going for it. Black Ops has the massive COD franchise name and Treyarch games are a proven winner on the Wii with WAW and MWR being million sellers with active online communities and great controls.

The first Conduit title however was lacklustre game which didn't really deliver, had medicore review scores and accordingly only sold around 400k copies. Not the best start.

I actually do believe this will better than the first, and really hope it sells well. I just worry that it'll be crowded out with such big name shooters arriving at around the same time.

I think it'll end up selling less than the first, and definitely less than GoldenEye and COD:BO. There is one thing that HVS have on their side; the budget. I guarantee Conduit 2 cost a smidgen of the development cost of either of the others to make, so just because it'll sell less, doesn't necessarily mean it wont be successful.

Actually, High Voltage are very pleased with sales of The Conduit. It was, by far their best selling game ever, and it really seems they are going to push Conduit 2 hard.

HVSTony said something like this on GFAQs board: "Lolz, The Conduit sold impressively for a company our size." Or something along those lines.

Liking the boxart, but man this game is friggin doomed.

Each year, less and less gamers give core Wii games a chance.

I'll buy it but not right away. I liked The Conduit, but it really lacks offline multiplayer (my Wii can't connect to the internet where I live so after beating the main story, it got a bit boring). But I enjoyed playing a shooting game on the Wii that wasn't set in WWII or something similar which is what COD and others really lack.

I'll buy it but not right away. I liked The Conduit, but it really lacks offline multiplayer (my Wii can't connect to the internet where I live so after beating the main story, it got a bit boring). But I enjoyed playing a shooting game on the Wii that wasn't set in WWII or something similar which is what COD and others really lack.

Lucky you; 4 player offline multiplayer has already been confirmed for Conduit 2.

I actually got bored with The Conduit towards the end. I think I'm on the last level but I just don't feel like finishing it and from the screens the second one seems to be more of the same. The boxart however seems to promise something different for Conduit 2 - I hope the boxart is right...

I actually got bored with The Conduit towards the end. I think I'm on the last level but I just don't feel like finishing it and from the screens the second one seems to be more of the same. The boxart however seems to promise something different for Conduit 2 - I hope the boxart is right...
The boxart seems to promise a Gears of War experience... unknowing consumers will be dissapointed!