NEurope
Zechs Merquise

The Conduit 2

Why the terror-nose-hole would you possibbly want classic/cube controller support buddy? ::shrug:

Once you go motion there is no other ocean, I say. : peace:

Some info about the multiplayer mode:

Please tell us something about the multiplayer features of Conduit 2 – we’ve heard they rock. Is this true?

[JO] It is true. They rock. We have bi-weekly company multiplayer sessions – moving forward with the foundation we laid with TC1 was great in that multiplayer worked from Day 1 of development – which has allowed us to iterate and test a lot of new things…as well as shooting our company management in the face. New weapons, maps, and game modes are no-brainers – but we’ve additionally spent a lot of extra attention on making the experience more rewarding and nuanced for players. A class system is in place where you can set distinct weapon load-outs to include suit upgrades (perks). Weapon sets are a thing of the past. We’ve added a sprint button. Teammates can be revived. In addition to the level rank and ELO matchmaking systems, we have an additional currency system that lets you purchase upgrades, be they weapon and suit upgrades, or different armor pieces to customize your character’s look. On the art front, we’ve more fully embraced the sci-fi, and have a lot more variety in our environments. TC1 multiplayer was a lot fun – but a bit basic. We’re changing that with Conduit 2.

[DP] While we are very proud of the online multiplayer action in Conduit 1, we are working very hard to provide a complete multiplayer gaming experience in Conduit 2 by offering more unique gameplay modes, unlockables, perks, character customization, and we are not limiting ourselves to online only any longer. Gamers will be able to compete online and offline via splitscreen and we are very excited about that.

multiplayer worked from Day 1 of development – which has allowed us to iterate and test a lot of new things…as well as shooting our company management in the face

That's what I'm talkin' about! :)

Hopefully there will be a lot more maps for multiplayer. The first had a handful but I felt most were too large for anything but maximum players.

Also, music! I know there is Wii Speak but come on, they could have some music on the go too in order to get you pumped.

BIG NEWS EVERYONE: "The Conduit 2" has officially been renamed "Conduit 2" !!!

Oh, and then there's some other information on multiplayer...

Perks will now be available, which will allow players to customize their characters significantly. "If I wanted to be a medic, for example, I'd probably pick Reverse Damage (Shooting allies heals them), Field Medicine (Doubles revive times), and Robot Legs (Unlimited sprint) among my perks. If I wanted to be a tank, I'd pick Heavy Armor (Damage reduction at a cost to movement speed), Ammo Belt (Two extra magazines), and Improved Bullet Damage." And you'll be able to set up two sets of abilities, so you can switch quickly.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/10/high-voltage-its-just-conduit-2-now/

EDIT:

Another interview with the game's producer. Here's some snippits:

Tell us a little more about the new co-op mode.

Team Invasion mode allows up to four players (either online or locally via splitscreen) to take on AI opponents and complete a variety of objectives across a variety of maps. While its focus is on cooperative gameplay, it’s also fun to have that competitive element among your friends and see who the better player is by tying it into our scoring and currency systems.

Will you be supporting MotionPlus this time around? If so, in what capacity?

We played around with it a lot during the development of Conduit 1 – and probably said a bit too much as we ultimately decided to not include it into the first game. We’re still evaluating it for Conduit 2, but any integration wouldn’t be mandatory and would serve only to supplement the core experience. We’re first and foremost a shooter with a focus on keeping the pointer on the screen – we’re not considering any melee weapons that would make use of its added fidelity. Buy Red Steel 2 if that’s what you’re looking for – it’s a great game that really deserves to do well. We’ve been playing it a bunch around the office.

The Grinder has gone multiplatform; will Conduit 2 follow suit or remain Wii-exclusive?

We’re staying Wii-exclusive. We like the Wii.

http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2010/04/interviews_high_voltage_software_conduit_2

Edited by LostOverThere

I don't understand why so many sequels go with 2, 3... in the title...

I think it makes it much more interesting as an overall story to give subsequent games in the series a subtitles instead. Like chapters of a larger story, like they did with the Lord of the Ring books, or Chronicles of Narnia etc...

Surely it would also makes it more appealing to some buyers, because they wouldn't then feel they would have had to play the previous game, so just don't buy the sequel.

All these numbered sequels are just getting really boring!

That looks great. Hopefully the green view thing on the gun in the first screen is a placeholder.

I think it makes it much more interesting as an overall story to give subsequent games in the series a subtitles instead. Like chapters of a larger story, like they did with the Lord of the Ring books, or Chronicles of Narnia etc...

Surely it would also makes it more appealing to some buyers, because they wouldn't then feel they would have had to play the previous game, so just don't buy the sequel.

As far as sequel names go, it's hard to beat Banjo-Tooie :heh:

Well, I believe to truly polish up what was a solid multiplayer mode, they need to:

1) Improve the waiting times, sometimes you'd end up waiting up to 5 minutes for a game, then when you ended up stuck in a 20 minute match with the rocket launchers it was torture!

2) They need to drop the voting. If you want to play a certain match you should be able to select that type from the lobby. If I want to play bounty hunter I should be able to!

3) Reduce the lag. I know there will always be lag, but whilst in other games it's confined to shooting, in the Conduit you had people running through walls!

4) Character customisation. In COD you have perks which make the game feel tailored to how you want to play it. I always had several custom classes set up, so I could play differently depending on the circumstances. In the Conduit you were just a faceless indentical soldier with no defining abilities.

5) Maps. There needs to be more, and they need to a little more imaginative than just symetrical corridors which mirror themselves either side of the map. We want land marks, pinch points and interesting terrain.

6) Weapn customisation. Other games utilise silencers, scopes, grenade attachments and other customisation. It would be great to see these make an appearance.

7) NO 20 MINUTE EXPLOSIVE WEAPON MATCHES!!! These were hell on earth, and to the cheeky person in the NE League who always picked them - no matter what - it was not amusing!!!

But they can also have the reverse effect.

Leaving off numbers and having subtitles makes it sound like they are chapters in one overarching story and thus all entries need to be played to understand whats going on.

Slap a number on the end and people think it's a higher number so it's like the first game but better and more likely to have a self contained story that may make reference to, but doesn't require knowledge of the previous game.

That the new game is designed to replace the older one - not to work alongside it.

Edited by Captain Falcon

^ personally I think the opposite is true!

I'd have thought more people would be tempted to pick up... Zelda: Majora's Mask, Zelda: Wind Waker... Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, than Zelda 5, Mario & Luigi 3... but maybe that's not the case.

I just feel with subtitles they feel more like individual games, whilst at the same time feeling connected.

In general, it depends on how heavy the story is.

But for the sake of argument, if we're talking about games that don't rely on story, subtitles are probably better, because it requires research to find out if there are actually more games. Whereas with numbered sequels, you know for sure that there are other games.

If the game is heavy on story, I would say having both a number, and a subtitle is best, as it tells people they might want to at least read up on the story of the first game, but at the same time, it tells them what the game is about. Plus you can tell what order the story plays out in without any research.

Am I missing something? The screens posted above indicate the same (good) quality as the previous ones.

LostOverThere - the third pic that you particularly like was already shown on the previous page.. :wtf:

Am I missing something? The screens posted above indicate the same (good) quality as the previous ones.

LostOverThere - the third pic that you particularly like was already shown on the previous page.. :wtf:

But those were scans.

The Conduit, whilst not great, was definetely a solid title. If they successfully build on it and really sharpen it up, this could be a very good, if not great, title. It just all depends on the direction they take the game.

But those were scans.

Yeh, I thought that was obvious. The look and architecture etc are the same; they're just a little clearer for not being scans. I'm not seeing the night and day difference in the graphics that others are (..imagining due to the quality of the shots) ;)

LostOverThere - the third pic that you particularly like was already shown on the previous page..

I lose. :red:

I must say, the screens look a lot more interesting than any of the locales from the first game, which were essentially for the most part corridors.

Looks pretty good! Though I must admit the bitter taste the first one left behind still lingers. Let's hope this one delivers.

I seriously hope that's not a warehouse of some sorts in the third pic. If I see one gray corridor, warehouse, explosive oildrum, generic alien (which takes a little bit of everything and ends up looking like nothing) of sunglasses-wearing generic special agent...

As for the title, why not pull an Alien? The Conduits. Seems more epic than merely one conduit. :p

Edited by Strange Cookie

I lose. :red:

Oops, me too for posting it then :red:

As for the title, why not pull an Alien? The Conduits. Seems more epic than merely one conduit. :p

"Conduits From Hell" gets my vote :laughing:

The Conduits doesn't sound right. Just simply "Conduits" sounds better. Actually, yeah, I'd be chuffed with that. The Conduit 2 or Conduit 2, sounds a bit...laaaaame.

I haven't played too much of the game. It's fun, decent, but it's very ordinary. But then, I'm not overly keen on shooters. Somebody mentioned about constantly being forced into Rocket matches in the online mode: I agree with that. Where's the fun is just playing Rockets all the time?! I've only played a handful of online games and 90% of the games were Rocket matches. People have no imagination these days.

Also, no split screen in the original! At least give us the option, even if the majority will never use it. These little options could be the choice between somebody buying a game on the first day or leaving it full stop.

Also, no split screen in the original! At least give us the option, even if the majority will never use it. These little options could be the choice between somebody buying a game on the first day or leaving it full stop.

Yep new one has splitscreen. Check the screenshots on the previous page!