NEurope
Zechs Merquise

The Conduit 2

The boxart seems to promise a Gears of War experience... unknowing consumers will be dissapointed!

Or pleasantly surprised, if you have taste.

What situation? All I've heard of is a couple of people being let go, but that happens all the time once the development of one game is finished.

Whereas larger developers can and often do re- allocate staff to new projects, smaller developers have to, unfortunately, let people go.

Don't read too much into the news of redundancy.

Whereas larger developers can and often do re- allocate staff to new projects, smaller developers have to, unfortunately, let people go.

Don't read too much into the news of redundancy.

I don't think this project will be affected to be honest. HVS made a couple of mistakes - the first was Gladiator AD, which then obviously ended up as the rather poor Tournament of Legends. The second was the debacle around The Grinder. The Grinder looked utterly stunning, since then all we've seen is the rather average looking HD versions which looked about on the same level as Alien Swarm (a FREE PC game).

These cock ups will have cost them, especially Tournament of Legends, which to be fair should never have been released. When Gladiator got such a luke warm reception it shold have been shelved.

I think this may well be make or break for them though. I'll most likely get it, but to be fair, Black Ops will most likely be the best Wii shooter this year.

I have to admit, with Black Ops and Goldeneye also out this year I may well pass this one up... actually, it's pretty darn certain I will.

I have to admit, with Black Ops and Goldeneye also out this year I may well pass this one up... actually, it's pretty darn certain I will.

I hope this will be pushed back to 2011, at least then it will have a fighting chance.

Yeah, I really hope this gets a March 2011 release or something instead. Granted, it would miss the holiday window, but it would also avoid GoldenEye and Call of Duty.

It's been delayed until 2011.

From Nintendojo:

http://www.nintendojo.com/news/conduit-2-hits-delay-coming-in-2011

Agent Ford’s second foray is on hold, at least for a couple more months.

In an e-mail exchange with Sega and High Voltage public relations in regard to Conduit 2, we were notified that the game’s release date has been pushed back to the first quarter of 2011. The game was scheduled to hit store shelves Nov. 2.

Along with the delay, a couple of new control methods were confirmed for the sequel. Players will be able to use their Classic Controllers or Classic Controller Pros to blast the Drudge or each other in multiplayer, according to High Voltage. The game also takes advantage of Wii MotionPlus, as well as the system standard of Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

Conduit 2, a Wii exclusive, will be playable this weekend at PAX in Seattle, Washington.

Probably a good thing considering that both Goldeneye and Black Ops are due in Novemeber.

I never thought I'd say this but Thank Goodness that it got delayed!

For both quality and sales purposes, this is a good thing.

More sexy Conduit 2 news:

Conduit 2 Fact Sheet – Launch Date: 2011, Players: 1-12

• Set moments after the explosive finale of The Conduit, Agent Michael Ford finds himself thrust once again into the machinations of the sinister and enigmatic John Adams and his Trust organization. After uncovering and partially thwarting Adam’s fabricated alien invasion, Ford and the alien entity Prometheus set out to end the Trust’s control in an adventure spanning the globe. New and improved weapons and enemies, competitive modes playable both online and in the same room via splitscreen make the follow-up to the best shooter on the Wii a can’t miss experience

• Accessible Controls – The Wii Remote pointer allows players to feel like they are actually in the game, unlike standard analog joystick controls. Combined with our robust control and UI customization options – and the addition of Wii Motion Plus support – players can play exactly how they want.
  • Amazing Gameplay – Massive boss fights, fun enemies, spectacular sci-fi levels, awesome weaponry and engaging exploration through 15 levels combine to produce a game unlike anything else on the Wii.
  • Engaging Story – Improvements in storytelling over the first game showcase a global conspiracy and the one man who might be able to bring the truth to light. Interactive NPCs, cinematics, and information bring the world to life.
  • Over-the-top Weaponry – choose from 18 weapons across 4 factions to maximize your firepower. With the new weapon locker, players can take any two unlocked weapons into any level!
  • Co-op Combat – Up to four players can battle enemies in one of three environments, defeat hordes of enemies, rack up points, and customize their characters in the cooperative Team Invasion Mode.
  • Fully-Featured Online Play – The same great multiplayer as The Conduit and so much more! 14 unique game modes with loads of settings, players can battle on 12 fun-filled maps with some returning fan-favorites from the first game! Players can take advantage of the new Rivals system for easier access to more games.
  • Same-Room Experience – Up to four players can play co-op or competitive multiplayer together on the same Wii; all with the same complete feature set as our online component.
  • Customizable Characters – By earning points, players can unlock additional armor pieces and skins, as well as upgrade “perks” to modify the way they play in co-op and competitive.
  • Classic Controller Support – plug in your Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro to experience a completely different way to play!
  • Headbanger Headset – utilizing the new Headbanger Headset peripheral, players can talk smack to their Friends and Rivals online.
  • Jaw-dropping Graphics and Ear-Splitting Audio – The awesome Quantum 3 engine returns even bigger and badder with the most high-tech graphical experience on the Wii, with dynamic environment mapping, interactive water with real time reflection, and four stage texture composition including gloss, diffuse, and bump mapping. First Wii game to support 48kHz audio – better than CD quality!

Then GameXplain had a hands on with Conduit 2. Here's the default Classic Controller layout:

Classic%20Controller%20Conduit%20New.jpg

Full Preview Here

First Wii game to support 48kHz audio – better than CD quality!

?!?!

The Wii outputs at 32Khz. As in, everything is (re)sampled to 32Khz.

How can they do 48Khz output?

I haven't been following this game much, but the controls are customizable again, right?

?!?!

The Wii outputs at 32Khz. As in, everything is (re)sampled to 32Khz.

How can they do 48Khz output?

If High Voltage have been able to do anything, it's push the Wii beyond what anyone thought possible. I remember reading an interview where it was mentioned that even Nintendo was surprised on how much they were pushing the console, and how they were able to use some normally inaccessible RAM in the game itself (or something along those lines).

I haven't been following this game much, but the controls are customizable again, right?

Yep, the above screen is just the default.

If High Voltage have been able to do anything, it's push the Wii beyond what anyone thought possible. I remember reading an interview where it was mentioned that even Nintendo was surprised on how much they were pushing the console, and how they were able to use some normally inaccessible RAM in the game itself (or something along those lines).

Ok, so turns out...(take a deep breath)

The Wii can start up in either 32Khz or 48Khz mode. It's defaulted to 32, possibly from the gamecube days. The internal Nintendo audio library calls are all made to use 32Khz.

However the DAC runs at 48Khz, so using their own sound code, developers can use 48Khz on the internal DSP, to match the DAC.

Apparently the biggest blocker on this is the Home menu, it's hardcoded to use internal libraries & play the sound effects at 32Khz. So they need to do all sorts of h4xx0r hijacking of the sound code & resampling in software on the fly to make it not sound 50% sped up when played at 48Khz.

Sounds like someone at HVS has been having fun.

Ok, so turns out...(take a deep breath)

The Wii can start up in either 32Khz or 48Khz mode. It's defaulted to 32, possibly from the gamecube days. The internal Nintendo audio library calls are all made to use 32Khz.

However the DAC runs at 48Khz, so using their own sound code, developers can use 48Khz on the internal DSP, to match the DAC.

Apparently the biggest blocker on this is the Home menu, it's hardcoded to use internal libraries & play the sound effects at 32Khz. So they need to do all sorts of h4xx0r hijacking of the sound code & resampling in software on the fly to make it not sound 50% sped up when played at 48Khz.

Sounds like someone at HVS has been having fun.

Does this mean this game will actually have music in it?

Does this mean this game will actually have music in it?

Of course! Just that they're likely using their own sound code to give such high quality, that the Nintendo libraries don't support.

I remember reading an interview a couple of months back about the music composition and how they're hoping to have better quality & less generic sounding music this time.

The Conduit's music was odd. Occasionally you got these quite snazzy action themes like this:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

But then there was all the tracks like this:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by LostOverThere

More sexy Conduit 2 news:

Then GameXplain had a hands on with Conduit 2. Here's the default Classic Controller layout:

Full Preview Here

You know it's kind of disheartening that Classic control is being highlighted in games now.

It's like just flat out saying "turns out Wii remote, nunchuk isn't better than dual analogue after all"

You know it's kind of disheartening that Classic control is being highlighted in games now.

It's like just flat out saying "turns out Wii remote, nunchuk isn't better than dual analogue after all"

Red Steel 2 has such amazing remote aiming, i feel i can shoot anything with pinpoint accuracy.

I think those gamers who have gravitated towards the 360 and PS3 have little to no interest in motion controls - and the addition of traditional controls is simply to try to appease them. That is a significant problem for Sony and Microsoft, I am completely unconvinced they'll bag the numbers they want with motion control games.

Perhaps they're just trying to say that they've improved everything enough that they no longer need to rely on the motion controls, which in all honesty, was the major selling point of the first game.