NEurope
Zechs Merquise

The Conduit 2

I love how several of the things I wrote to them about a couple of months back is now in the sequel. Of course I don't believe it's solely because of me, but it's still nice to see! :D:heh:

Things like fleshing out the story, more customisation when you go online and visiting different areas outside the U.S were some of my suggestions. Yay. Happy me.

I'm now very much looking forward to this.

The main thing I heard was "Co-op Invasion" :yay: With not up to TWO (like Mariokart) but FOUR players local :bouncy: Off AND 'on' line :o

.... Dudes.... I'm so in there! :D

Sounds like it could be a major improvement on the first. I'll need more information before I pre-order it (Like which of those features will be cut before release) but it does sound tempting.

Sounds like it could be a major improvement on the first. I'll need more information before I pre-order it (Like which of those features will be cut before release) but it does sound tempting.

Good point dude. :red:

Seems quite far along in development judging by the screenshots, seems more gritty.

I'll be buying it as I actually enjoyed the story of the first one.

Seems quite far along in development judging by the screenshots, seems more gritty.

I'll be buying it as I actually enjoyed the story of the first one.

Same, there was actually quite a lot there if you read into it and found all the secrets. What I love about those screenshots is that there seems to be a lot more outdoor sections. :D

Got to see it in action, but that snowy Soviet base. Man, that looks ugly. That area in Phendrana Drifts from Prime 1 looks nicer. Being fair, I should probably save judgement. These would be pre-beta screens anyhow. Anyway, more information:

- Team acknowledges that the first game had the player doing “the same thing over and over and over again”

- Want to do more with level design, gameplay design

- Embracing sci-fi element

- Game starts off with thunder, torrential downpour, you’re in a huge oil derrick in the middle of an ocean

- Picks off immediately after the original when you enter the portal

- Not sure where you are when you enter the portal and land in the ocean

- Derrick’s occupants begin to shoot at you

- Game will have some “big vistas and multi-tiered areas”

- Multiple paths, team wants the game “to feel bigger and give players the sense that there’s more going on”

- Sea serpent attacks the facility

- “Having those types of ‘wow’ moments is really important”

- Quantum 3 engine still being refined

- Ford continues to go through the oil derrick, fights with the leviathan one-on-one

- Have to use one of the derrick’s mounted defense targets since normal weapons won’t work

- Serpent targets you and generator that powers the turrets

- Need to find the serpent’s weak points, stun him, then impale him with a harpoon from a turret

- Game has an airborne chase scene, take control of a ship’s rear gun emplacement, shoot pursuers (one enemy type is jet pack-equipped soldiers)

- More NPCs, Ford can interact with them

- There are other aliens besides Adams around the world who control territories

- Adams has been particularly successful, wants to take over the world

- Ford needs to get the help of the other aliens

- Atlantis is the hub, portals to other areas are there

- Some freedom in terms of which stage you’ll take on next

- One mission has you going to Washington DC, need to recover important artifact from the Smithsonian

- More alien growth in the city than in the first game, Drudge and Trust still fighting there

- “AI vs. AI vs. player now”

- Will come across fights already happening

- “The AI in particular has been a big focus for us. We really want the enemies to come across as intelligent. In the first game, they just sit there waiting for you to show up. This time, we want it to feel like a living environment, like everyone was doing something before you got there.”

- Interactive elements in the environment (stuff moves, objects break, enemy knocks over soda machine for cover)

- Wider variety of hostiles, some specific to a location

- Atlantis: 30-foot-tall Guardians

- Siberia: Robotic wolves

- Differences between human soldiers, can carry any weapon (affects AI)

- SEGA/High Voltage will be holding a contest: Can get your name/face on a Missing Person flier or a Wanted poster

- 18 firearms from the original

- Have to tune the Phase Rifle by twisting Wiimote

- Deployable Turret: Set it down, control it with handheld display, can pull the trigger and have it autoaim or target manually

- Regarding the AsE: “…more puzzles and hacking minigames. It’s also a bit more of a detective tool now, we’re trying to put a lot more conspiracy objects and secrets in the environments to give you more reasons to use the ASE. Once you’ve scanned an object, you’ll be able to learn more about it in the game’s new data log. So it really plays into us trying to tell a deeper story.”

- ASE tied to Atlantis

- Using the ASE, can have a bit of control over the Guardians

- 12 players online

- Releasing this fall (NA release)

Whoa, whoa.

Releasing this fall

Releasing this fall

Releasing this fall

Releasing this fall

(Source: Nintendo Everything)

RELEASING THIS FALL??????? For US, that is? When'll us Europeans recieve it?

But still, RELEASING "THIS" FALLZ???

For US, that is? When'll us Europeans recieve it?

The same time we always recieve things Pinky, after the rest of the world.

Loved the first, v excited for the second :)

(Oh, i'm sorry, was i meant to be all nitpicky & critical & split hairs over every small annoyance in the game, above the sheer fun of playing through it? Hate to disappoint).

Maybe my eyes need checking, but those screens look very promising to me! Much better than the original. Nice sense of scale in the foresty bits.

Needs a lot of work visually between now and then!

Yeah, it really reminds me of all those late 1990s PC titles with the higher saturation.

I've got to give it to them though, the concept art is brilliant.

Some of those screenshots look terrible. The jaggies and the lack of detail are really killing the look.

Those screens look fine in my opinion. Will defintley buy this, but I won't get too excited about the online mode this time, as it was a major disappointment for me, apart from when you're playing in private matches. We might also see a new COD title on Wii this winter too, so plenty of online/FPS action this Christmas, along with whatever Nintendo have in store!

For those to be the first screenshots shown online, they're pretty poo.

But I really couldn't care less, I loved the handling of the first one and this one can only be refined.

Although I guess screenshot #3 looks nice...ish.

The first and last ones are okayish, but just look at the middle ones. If you took away a few effects, they would look like a DS game.

The first and last ones are [original adjective]ish, but just look at the middle ones. If you took away a few effects, they would look like a DS game.

Ho ho ho, surely you could be talking about any FPS on any platform.

The first and last ones are [original adjective]ish, but just look at the middle ones. If you took away a few effects, they would look like a DS game.

Well, the graphics would have obviously had to taken a hit for split screen. But yeah - not pretty.

Its more just the lack of any detail. Take away the hudguns and player models and its starting to look a whole lot like Metroid Prime Hunters.

Looks like there going for a bit more variety on the location which is sure to help. And even though snowy base, desert fortress and jungle are well worn locations, it doesn't stop good level design making them fun.

I'm not the biggest fan of the original but I do hope they pull it off this time. The first suffered from poor level design really and no amount of fancy shaders can hide that. I just pray they are focusing on what was wrong with the first one and whilst that list of new features above sounds promising, I'll definitely be paying more attention to reviews this time round.

I'm not the biggest fan of the original but I do hope they pull it off this time. The first suffered from poor level design really and no amount of fancy shaders can hide that. I just pray they are focusing on what was wrong with the first one and whilst that list of new features above sounds promising, I'll definitely be paying more attention to reviews this time round.

If that Nintendo Everything interview I posted is to be believed, then they're focusing on Art Style, Level Design, and Variety.

If they :

1) Get rid of the on-line lag.

2) Optimize the frame rate.

3) Include a LAN mode.

4) Include classic controller / gamecube controller support.

Then it will be a perfect sequel imho :)