NEurope
Zechs Merquise

The Conduit 2

Great interview on the front page!

It left me in a hungry state for the Conduit 2.

Thankfully there's a sniper this time 'round, and I hope some of the regulars of The Conduit N-Europe Night will buy this game and offer their heads for my headshots once again:)

I shall be getting it at a reasonable price, need another game to use the headset with.

I don't get it, to me this just looks bad! Take the snow level in that trailer and compare it to Severnaya in Goldeneye 007 for example, where's the atmosphere/effects?... the difference is night and day! And it's the same with all the levels.

I'm looking forward to C2, but man, the music in those trailers is awful. I hope it's better in-game.

Wait what? They have a level set in Oxford??? That made me laugh. Don't remember it ever looking like that!

I don't get it, to me this just looks bad! Take the snow level in that trailer and compare it to Severnaya in Goldeneye 007 for example, where's the atmosphere/effects?... the difference is night and day! And it's the same with all the levels.

So true. I'm a massive fan of the Goldeneye single player campaign, and it looks absolutely stunning at times. The level in Severnaya is grogeous

Dolphin%202010-11-06%2018-01-01-28.jpg

If there's anything in The Conduit 2 that looks half this good I'll be shocked!

Dolphin%202010-11-06%2018-01-01-28.jpg

If there's anything in The Conduit 2 that looks half this good I'll be shocked!

If there's ever going to be a game that the Wii renders at 1600x900 I will be shocked! ;)

But yeah, despite some advanced shaders in Conduit 2, the overall visual impression the game gives me so far isn't as solid Goldeneye. That doesn't have to say much about the game, but it's hard to deny.

To be fair, that GoldenEye image is rendered in HD via Dolphin. But yes, I do completely agree. :)

What is the Conduit 2?

A sequel to 2009's Conduit, this first-person shooter is aiming to deliver on areas where the original fell short, namely the level design, art style and story. High Voltage Software seems to be paying attention to the criticism leveled at The Conduit, and intends to make Conduit 2 a better experience overall.

What's the plot?

Michael Ford, lead hero of The Conduit, is back along with the Drudge creatures he fought in the first game. High Voltage is planning on having players journey across the globe this time around, with locations as diverse as Atlantis and Siberia being thrown into the mix.

What's different about it?

High Voltage is putting more of an effort into storytelling, so there will be more cutscenes and dialogue and less mission briefings. The game also looks sharper than the original; enivronments sport better lighting and higher resolution textures.

What kind of multiplayer modes does it have?

There are three main modes -- Free-For-All, Team Deathmatch, and Team Objective. There are also lots of other ways to play like Bounty Hunter, where you kill an assigned target for points or kill those hunting you, but shooting someone who doesn't fill those roles costs you points. You can check out more info on Conduit 2's multiplayer modes here.

You can play split-screen with up to four people locally and with up to 12 people in online multiplayer matches.

Has cheating in online multiplayer matches been addressed?

High Voltage will include a patching system in The Conduit 2. So when hackers begin messing with the code, High Voltage can go in and fix issues. That's good news as it means there shouldn't be a problem with cheating this time around.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/115/1155716p1.html

I don't even know if that qualifies as being the basics... any monkey could have wrote that.

I'm really weary about this, I was hyped for the first but ultimately thought it was tripe. Sure this will be better but I just don't have the confidence in HVS in making a game that can stand up to the other big FPS games out there.

Although because I like my FPS games I am keeping an eye on it and it's price, but like Lostmario, I'd want to pick it up cheaper... unless I got a blowjob when buying it too! Haha

I'm really weary about this, I was hyped for the first but ultimately thought it was tripe. Sure this will be better but I just don't have the confidence in HVS in making a game that can stand up to the other big FPS games out there.

Although because I like my FPS games I am keeping an eye on it and it's price, but like Lostmario, I'd want to pick it up cheaper... unless I got a blowjob when buying it too! Haha

DIRTY BOY!!!

Just think Kav, another game to use the headset with.

*I'm really weary about this

*I was hyped for the first but ultimately thought it was tripe.

*Sure this will be better, but...

*I am keeping an eye on it and it's price

*I'd want to pick it up cheaper...

A doubtful mind will crack, indeed. :laughing:

Listen to 'Mazzy, Kav, and you'll have another FPS to play and to Bang Your Head with ;)

A doubtful mind will crack, indeed. :laughing:

Listen to 'Mazzy, Kav, and you'll have another FPS to play and to Bang Your Head with ;)

Yeah, the bonus being he can use the headset to tell you all just how much better Black Ops is than The Conduit 2!

unless I got a blowjob when buying it too! Haha

There's a chubby bearded guy in my local Gamestation.

Why would you do that Dave? You're married! To a woman!

If I'm to buy Conduit 2, he best give good head! lol

Yeah, the bonus being he can use the headset to tell you all just how much better Black Ops is than The Conduit 2!

Yeah I'd be well up for hearing Kav tell me how much better Black Ops is than "The Conduit 2." :geek: And after I'd tell him how epicsome 'Conduit 2' must be for him to be gaming on it rather than Game of The Centuwii; Call of DuDu: Bum Off :laughing:

Edited by Beverage

Sometimes I read your posts Beverage and they make me think that you are actually delusional.

I just cannot comprehend how you think The Conduit is any good... but hey, each to their own.

Beverage seriously... Black Ops is sooo much better than The Conduit.

Its a shame you and Fused King haven't got Black Ops, from what I remember from our N-E Conduit nights, you two would have made great N-E clan members.

Lol yeah I don't disagree with you, it probably is. I was just playing with Kav 'N' Zechs.

But, for some weird reason, my heart lies deep within the dark depths of the Conduit universe ::shrug:

... Well, that "weird reason" probably is because in terms of graphical power and the naturally smooth funtionality of Xbox Live, I may aswell muck about on my bros 360 version of CoD: BO (when we get our own copy this time). It's just more stunning there! Though I would love to own with the N-E Clan. But that's where Conduit comes in. A quite alright Wii excusive FPS.

Besides, didn't I hear a few complaints about bug & glitches in BO's Wii?... Hackers, difficult to connect etc etc? And then, if my brain serves correctly, everybody said GE's campaign was more awesomer than BO's?... I started a file at my cousins and a go through it when I go down sometimes and although it is a great improvement over the original in some ways, it doesn't give me that natural difficult thrill that GE: 64 provided :hmm:

Now consider the fact that I'm saving rupees for ze 3DS and it's offerings, Conduit 2, headset, M+, new rechargable batteries/charger and Skyward Sword when it releases (plus E3 suprises hopefully). :D

Conduit 2 should be able feed my FPS cravings :D