NEurope
Zechs Merquise

The Conduit 2

Both really, the series.

I don't see how you can dismiss the massive efforts put into Goldeneye or COD, for a game series that just looks so bland and generic in every way!

When I damned those games to fuckernity, I wasn't talking about my dislike of them. It's just that I tend to buy few FPSs and because I can't pick between Goldeneye and Call of Duty, I choose Conduit 2.

When I damned those games to fuckernity, I wasn't talking about my dislike of them. It's just that I tend to buy few FPSs and because I can't pick between Goldeneye and Call of Duty, I choose Conduit 2.

This is a shame because you're missing out on so much fun we're all having. Especially seeing as CoD has delivered an online package unlike anything before it on Wii.

It's easily the best FPS on Wii by far... by quite far!

I'm just sad because my WiiSpeak peripheral was/is/will-be as pointless as garbage, although I have 'LOL' memories of using the device. Good... and bad, memories. :hmm:

In any case, I'm not entirely sure whether or not to grab the headset (although it is a desire of mine to obtain one). I mean, will devs release their own unique headset that works only for their own game? ::shrug:

Also, I'm wondering if I should get the Motion+ for increased accuracy for balls & head shots :laughing: Besides, at least when that awesome Skywary Sword releases I'd already have a M+.... Or would I get more of a bargain with a bundle, y'reckon? Wait, which one launches first??? :confused: *Goes to ask Google*

I'm just sad because my WiiSpeak peripheral was/is/will-be as pointless as garbage, although I have 'LOL' memories of using the device. Good... and bad, memories. :hmm:

In any case, I'm not entirely sure whether or not to grab the headset (although it is a desire of mine to obtain one). I mean, will devs release their own unique headset that works only for their own game? ::shrug:

Also, I'm wondering if I should get the Motion+ for increased accuracy for balls & head shots :laughing: Besides, at least when that awesome Skywary Sword releases I'd already have a M+.... Or would I get more of a bargain with a bundle, y'reckon? Wait, which one launches first??? :confused: *Goes to ask Google*

I reckon you should get Black Ops. The new headset works with both BO and Conduit 2. BO is an amazing experience, and we've already got a good community going on it. Motion Plus won't make your aiming more accurate, that's down to the IR pointer, Motion plus is generally used to make 1:1 actions possible - like sword play.Neither BO or Goldeneye use motion plus, so I'm not sure what the application of it in Conduit 2 will be.

...so I'm not sure what the application of it in Conduit 2 will be.

When you're pointer goes off screen you can keep moving the reticle on screen thanks to the Motion+

I think it was used this way in Red Steel 2 as well as for the sword swings etc.

Looks good, thanks. I see new weapons and the health meter looks different. The x-ray gun and blackhole gun look cool. I really hope their work on preventing hacking pays off. The game should be good, regardless you've got to give HVS praise for putting in the effort and raising the bar for FPS on Wii.

Looks good, thanks. I see new weapons and the health meter looks different. The x-ray gun and blackhole gun look cool. I really hope their work on preventing hacking pays off. The game should be good, regardless you've got to give HVS praise for putting in the effort and raising the bar for FPS on Wii.

They've not raised any bars at all, the last 3 Call of Duty games on Wii are far better than The Conduit... and I'll go as far as saying that I guarantee that Conduit 2 won't be half as good as Black Ops is!

Black Ops is the best FPS on Wii by quite a fair margin!

Edited by Kav

They've not raised any bars at all, the last 3 Call of Duty games on Wii are far better than The Conduit... and I'll go as far as saying that I guarantee that Conduit 2 won't be half as good as Black Ops is!

Black Ops is the best FPS on Wii by quite a fair margin!

Black Ops also has about twenty times the budget. :p

@kav82

Yes they did raise the bar. Before The Conduit the graphics were half-assed for FPS on the Wii. If a small developer(given the difference in budgets) could get graphics like that it showed how lazy the other big developers were.

Also they set the standard for precise controls. The precision and level of customisation was unrivalled at the time.

Add to that they were the 1st to have voicechat in a FPS.

The Conduit 2 hasn't been released yet so how can you guarantee it won't be even half as good as Black Ops?

I know Metroid Prime 3 isn't a shooter but it is played from the first person perspective so I feel it's relevant when saying it looks miles better than The Conduit. Granted they raised the bar on customization but I'm talking about raising the bar as an overall game, which it simply didn't.

World at War was better, as was Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, both of which were released before The Conduit.

The reason I am comfortable in saying Conduit 2 won't be as good as Black Ops is the same reason that I'm comfortable in saying that any non-Nintendo platformer won't be as good as the Mario's... faith!

Faith in Nintendo, faith in Treyarch but a lack of faith in HVS after The Conduit, which was a distinctly average shooter, yet Black Ops is up there with the best.

Edited by Kav

@kav82

Yes they did raise the bar. Before The Conduit the graphics were half-assed for FPS on the Wii. If a small developer(given the difference in budgets) could get graphics like that it showed how lazy the other big developers were.

Also they set the standard for precise controls. The precision and level of customisation was unrivalled at the time.

Add to that they were the 1st to have voicechat in a FPS.

The Conduit 2 hasn't been released yet so how can you guarantee it won't be even half as good as Black Ops?

Not being funny or anything, but both World at War and Medal of Honour Heroes 2 came out before the conduit and were better. HVS only managed to raise the bar in one aspect - achieving an unprecidented level of hype for a game that really wasn't worthy of any hype at all.

The Conduit's controls weren't even that customisable! You had to have the grenade mapped to flinging the nunchuck, which was irritating to say the least. The controls were also rather jittery which HVS tried to compensate for by adding a lock on feature. The Conduit demonstrated one thing in the graphics department - how to make everything shiny!

Have you played WAW, MWR or BO? If you have you will realise just how far behind those games The Conduit is. Try waiting for 5 minutes to get a multiplayer game going only for it to lock you into a 20 minute game using rocket launchers on some non-descript arena.

The Conduit was a overall a solid attempt at a shooter, but when compared to COD, Medal of Honour or even Goldeneye, it's just doesn't stack up where it counts.

Read my full review of it here: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1201479&postcount=2175

May I add that the N-E Conduit nights that we organised were great fun.

The Wii Speak echo, double deaths and of course....

MR.... PO.... PO.....

Conduit 2 is down for a mid February release in the USA.

You know what? I'm kind of liking the look of C2. I'll be keeping tabs on it to see how it ultimately turns out. I'm playing Red Steel 2 at the minute because my psyche has for some reason become infected with wanting to play some FPS. ::shrug:

It's being released on 28th February in U.K and Australia and on the 31st March in Germany.

18th of March

I'm positively reminded of all the cheesy weapons in Perfect Dark. Secondary fire: become invisible, shoot through walls? I'm actually starting to develop interest in this...

I'm actually starting to develop interest in this...

You should! You'll become fan #3 after Fused_King and myself. :yay:

I'm positively reminded of all the cheesy weapons in Perfect Dark. Secondary fire: become invisible, shoot through walls? I'm actually starting to develop interest in this...

Was thinking the exact same thing! The first Conduit was already considered quite similar to the N64 shooters like PD, now this.

I'm looking forward to this game, hope they release a bundle with a Wiimote plus.

Was thinking the exact same thing! The first Conduit was already considered quite similar to the N64 shooters like PD, now this.

I'm looking forward to this game, hope they release a bundle with a Wiimote plus.

AND

The Headbanger Headset for super-shoop-da-woop-dur sound Quality:grin:

AND

The Headbanger Headset for super-shoop-da-woop-dur sound Quality:grin:

I've already got mine, with COD:BO!

Sweet, couldn't find it here in The Netherlands.

It was only released in one online retailer! Which was annoying. I think the white one will be available everywhere!

***Please Note***

I am not a FPS fanatic but I'm not allergic to 'em. Never really been into CoD - although I usually play on my bros' 360 (not LIKE Xbox Live.... It IS Xbox Live :yay: ). Goldeneye isn't worth my time personally, though I'm sure it's epic. Though I believe Goldeneye 64 is/was the stuff - regarding Bond. James, Bond.

So please allow me to express why Kondwit Tu deseves my attention. : peace:

Please read in Michael Fords voice for maximum experiehce

I sense hatred & grudges t'ward The Conduit,

But 'I' so happen to be very fond of it,

Even if you do feel that HVS conned it. :laughing:

It may make some o' you feel extremely bored,

But only because you don't appreciate bad ass Mr.Ford :D

He's so awesomely cool he is now my lord.

I'm sure your GoldenEyes & Black Ops are so so very woohoo,

But I think I'll stick with my home bro Conduit twohoo :bowdown:

Only because t'is simply cold-cold coohool.

You don't believe mii? But I never lie,

Use the lie detector, no fuck it, the all seeing eye :D

And you see that when I play I become so highhhh.

Beverage is #1 faN OMG ! OMG ! OMG ! OMFG!!!!!!!!!

SPLIT SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prepare for Team Beverage! (split screen mode)