N-Europe

Pokémon Black & White

Serebii

I've just reached the caves after the 5th gym and the frequency that the battles occur in that cave is ridiculous. I walked 2 steps and then random battle, another 2 steps and a random battle. This happened for around 6-8 fights before I saved it and called it a day. It was like playing Skies oif Arcadia on the Dreamcast all over again.

I know, the random encounter is way too high in most areas. It helps the frustration a little bit if you have one Pokemon that can one-hit K.O. at least 75% of the random Pokemons. You will get decent amount of exp and you will feel better.

Just about to challenge Iris for the eighth gym badge, got the team I'll now be using to blitz the Elite 4 together as well...

628.gif612.gif565.gif555.gif512.gif596.gif

All level 55, think I'm seriously over levelled (never been this strong at this stage before) but the Audino trick makes it soooo easy to level up quickly!

Walk back and forth by some grass until you see some shaking, 90% of the time that shaking grass will have an Audino in it. Defeat it and you get shit loads of exp points.

I got a Rufflet over the GTS, gave it the lucky egg and threw it out against a level 35 Audino. When I beat it (with another Pokemon obviously) my Ruflett got around 14,000 exp points and went up to level 25, about 45 mins later it was level 55!

I battled an Audino once and shat bricks at the amount of exp it gave. I haven't utilised it yet as I only use wild pokemon in games without a VS Seeker if I'm raising a Pokemon to fill my pokedex or to match my lowest level Pokemon with the rest of the party if I've battled all the trainers before a gym. But that's just how I play.

Imagine a traded pokemon holding a lucky egg though.. and isn't there an entralink ability that doubles exp too? Audino's are insane.

All level 55, think I'm seriously over levelled (never been this strong at this stage before) but the Audino trick makes it soooo easy to level up quickly!

I clearly am over levelled, just one hit ko every pokemon in the eighth gym with my Haxourus :heh:

Walk back and forth by some grass until you see some shaking, 90% of the time that shaking grass will have an Audino in it. Defeat it and you get shit loads of exp points.

I got a Rufflet over the GTS, gave it the lucky egg and threw it out against a level 35 Audino. When I beat it (with another Pokemon obviously) my Ruflett got around 14,000 exp points and went up to level 25, about 45 mins later it was level 55!

I forgot about this trick until you've just reminded me.

And all i will say is ... :bowdown:

Its really helped me. I have been trying desperately to train a Ferroseed up but it was so weak and had no decent moves that it was difficult to knock anything out. With Ferroseed being part steel part grass though, Audino had nothing to hurt it so eventually BAM!

Level 45 Ferrothorn to go with -

Level 45 Swanna

Level 45 Elektross

Level 41 Litwick - soon to be Chandelure once it learns a decent ghost move. Then i can evolve it.

However i've only just got my 6th gym badge and think i may be slightly over levelled now. ::shrug:

Ah well!

Thanks again though :bouncy:

I didn't think the Lucky Egg stacks with traded Pokemon's EXP boost?

I didn't think the Lucky Egg stacks with traded Pokemon's EXP boost?

Well it seems to, I've battled the same pokemon with two of my pokemon before, both traded, same level, yet the one holding the lucky egg got more exp.

Also was just thinking I've yet to see this critical catch thing I read about a while ago, although it would be pretty cool if you ended up getting it on a legendary pokemon. Enter Zekrom, one ultra ball, one critical catch, lovely :heh:

Now if only i could get that sort of luck and FINALLY (after playing every gen) see a shiny pokemon...

Also was just thinking I've yet to see this critical catch thing I read about a while ago, although it would be pretty cool if you ended up getting it on a legendary pokemon. Enter Zekrom, one ultra ball, one critical catch, lovely :heh:

I've had a critical catch, caught a Joltik. Really confused me at first, my first attemp to catch it, it broke out after 2 shakes, I thought the 3rd shake somehow carried over.

Is that where the pokeball doesn't wobble and just catches straight away? If so then it's happened to me once. I just thought the game had glitched on me or something, I never knew about this critical catch thing. :D

Also was just thinking I've yet to see this critical catch thing I read about a while ago, although it would be pretty cool if you ended up getting it on a legendary pokemon. Enter Zekrom, one ultra ball, one critical catch, lovely :heh:.

I didn't find the legendaries hard to catch at all this Gen - in fact I got all but two (Victini and Cobalion) in a Quick Ball!

So anyway, for no particular reason, I started organising all the Pokémon in my PC in National Dex order this evening - all of Kanto and Johto done so far!

Are all your legendaries from special events etc? I haven't seen any yet!

I feel so noobish asking all these damn questions >_>

Some of the legendaries are caught before the Elite Four, some after. I think the first can be found after the sixth or seventh gym badge.