NEurope
chairdriver

The Materialism Thread (a.k.a Things I Want)

I need me a pair of Star Wars shoes. I'm actually in love with the orange ones.

I saw a Darth Vador pair and a Storm Trooper pair of shoes like that in Shoe Express a few days ago, I thought they looked kind of stupid tbh.

dv-adidas.jpg

adidas-Superskate-Mid-Star-Wars-Storm-Trooper-1.jpg

I love how the second ones are just white shoes, with a picture of an AT-AT beside them to make them "Star Wars Shoes".

Pretty much the same with the orange ones. Take the element out and you have orange trainers.

Might cut out part of their market though.

The ugliest part of those shoes is the big image on the tongue. It's been ruined by its own need to explicitly represent the franchise.

It reminds me of a real Buzz Lightyear, it looks just like the one from the actual film, but it's ruined by having a Toy Story logo on it.

My Buzz Lightyear didn't have a Toy Story logo on it...

I always wanted Woody more anyway. (Must have stemmed from the fact gay boys want to be cowboys, and straight boys want to be indians)

----

I want the orange ones. Not because they're Star Wars (although that does add), just because I'm able to laugh with.

Edited by chairdriver

On the box I meant, sorry. Rather than it being in the cool cardboard spaceship from the film.

I wanna have control,

I want a perfect body,

I want a perfect soul,

I want you to notice,

when I'm not around.

LOL

Anyway I actually want a placement.

And a a new monitor...

And a new graphics card and mobo.

Aaaaaand....

Some free time, please.

Yeah actually I want all the Deluxe Toy Story figures but I am unfortunately not made of money. RC is £40 in Tescos. But I still don't have money :(

A PS3, Heavy Rain, FFXIII, and Trico whenever that comes out. And some time to actually play the games...

I saw a Darth Vador pair and a Storm Trooper pair of shoes like that in Shoe Express a few days ago, I thought they looked kind of stupid tbh.

dv-adidas.jpg

adidas-Superskate-Mid-Star-Wars-Storm-Trooper-1.jpg

Hayyy guyshh.

lolol.jpg

Seriously, what socially retarded individual would wear those.

Reminds me of this:

Things I want: Final Fantasy XIII, White Knight Chronicles, that Edgeworth game, possibly Heavy Rain (seems a little overhyped currently; time shall tell).

Things I need: None of those, if I'm to be a good scientist.

Edited by Sheikah

I'm foaming at the mouth.

Tomorrow.

Morning break.

Running to HMV.

joanna_newsom_cov.jpg

Cast me in plaster, quick.

What do I want? The ability to actually motivate myself to do work. I know I can do the work, and I keep thinking 'right, let's do this', but rarely actually start working, and actually get a decent amount done even less often.

Oh, and a bicycle would be damn handy for slicing down the time I spend travelling to and from Uni...

That first one's not really a materialistic desire... the materialistic version would be some sort of awesome gadget robot that kicks your ass and makes you do your work when you play too many computer games.

I want a house and a car.

Just the little things. Easily pleased.

I want UPlar on my phone as a ringtone.

I have it on iTunes. :D

So much love.

Right now I want/need to get grades AB in my A levels. I have 3 modules which I get back on the 11th March and I really hope I have at least Bs in all of them. Never worried about results quite like this before.

I want UPlar on my phone as a ringtone.

UP on dvd!

^_^

You just reminded me how much I love Up and Upular. So I got the mp3 version and will put it as my ringtone later. Too bad my phone is always set to silent... maybe I'll finally change that now. X3

My Amazon wish list took a pounding:

Studio Lights:

41Y4uuKMvrL._SS400_.jpg

Studio Backdrop Frame:

31Ad-VxdUhL._SS400_.jpg

Gorillapod SLR Zoom (the strongest one they do) with ball head:

41YBjZcgRxL._SS400_.jpg

Slik Clamp Head (to clamp the camera to random shit):

h-clamp-head-32.jpg

New Flash:

31TAwwI6yJL._SS500_.jpg

Macro Lens:

Olympus%2035mm%20Macro%20280.jpg

I want it all damnit.

Edited by Goafer

I want a scooter, London traffic does my head in at the moment. A Vespa S is my current target.

2008-vespa-s-50-003.jpg

Although I've been trying to avoid buying a new game (and it's actually been productive, I haven't played much for a while, went back and (nearly) finished Darksiders, even started playing SMG again, more exercise, reading books) the temptation is looming to pick up either FFXIII or Heavy Rain...... A nice story oriented single player title is calling out to me.

o_zeyKEqZGF53Eyg5.jpg

I'm not into fashion/clothes really, but I want these. Out of season/stock/whatever the term is and are runbelievably expensive, so yeah.

Whenever I type in "mens pirate boots" or whatever all I get is fancy dress clothes. Crying.

Those shoes are something I've been drooling over a for a while.

ffxiii_360_pegi_2d.jpg

final fantasy 13

wacom-tablet.jpg

a large wacom tablet!

My friend at work uses that tablet. The nib wears down quite quickly, which is odd.

Other than that, it's pretty nifty looking. Wouldn't mind one myself.

I've always wanted a large tablet, like a4, but its not really worth it when I'm into games rather than photography.

They come with several spare nibs. I don't know why they wear down so quickly, they don't for me but for the designer in our office they do.

Edited by Shorty