NEurope
chairdriver

The Materialism Thread (a.k.a Things I Want)

Pfft, it's all about dipping fries into milkshake! Seriously, as disgusting as it sounds, it's actually really nice. It's best with chocolate flavour.

Anyways, I'll stop talking about work now, I have a day off. :heh:

McChips in McMilkshake is actually what led me to McNugget in McFlurry.

I've been having my alarmingly regular cravings for a new vehicle of some sort again. A short list include:

Military+sidecar2.jpg

l_a2c358a4073840abaa5c26ef4f05d14b.jpg

1971_MGB_GT_Hardtop_Front_1.jpg

HILLMAN%20IMP%206X13%20ML1360.jpg

hakosuka-02.jpg

Should really put more effort into getting my current car how I want it before thinking of getting others.

I don't think I'd get another aircooled VW unless I could afford a restoration as well. They're too popular and too many people get them without knowledge of how to look after them, then sell them on when they break. Either that, or they bodge them together. They're pretty solid and reliable cars, but they can only take so much abuse. It's too hard to find good examples.

Edited by Goafer

They're also extremely slow and in incredible demand despite there being nothing special about them (so you pay over the odds)

They're also extremely slow and in incredible demand despite there being nothing special about them (so you pay over the odds)

That too. Especially true of camper vans. Although the sound and smell of a flat 4 with a decent exhaust is something to be reckoned with. Plus Beetles have unusually strong suspension, which makes them great for off road conversions. Not that people paying over the odds buy one for that reason.

Plus any sense of individuality that you think you have is lost when you go to a car show. Every look imaginable has been done before.

Hopefully the image will work.

!BjmWfPwCGk~$(KGrHqYOKiIEsnd2uY5CBLUOJ3Tis!~~_3.JPG

A "swiss army combat bicycle". I shit you not. I imagine it has a knife instead of a kickstand and tyres made of rope or something. I crave it.

I want a lovely user friendly website that compares smart phones.

Ideally in a big table with criteria such as:

Battery life

Does it have Spotify?

Price plan

Price of phone

Speed of internet

Applications (free etc)

Multitasking

So that simpletons like me could make an informed decision. And not be battered by ReZ when they say something like ''I'm going to get an iphone''.

Battery life

Does it have Spotify?

Price plan

Price of phone

Speed of internet

Applications (free etc)

Multitasking

So that simpletons like me could make an informed decision. And not be battered by ReZ when they say something like ''I'm going to get an iphone''.

Madness. I've given you....two alternatives. One of which that isn't out yet. So one.

Lol.

TBF I was giving proper reasons though.

Battery life

Does it have Spotify?

Price plan

Price of phone

Speed of internet

Applications (free etc)

Multitasking

It's not every available option but...
nexus-one-total-cost.jpg

Madness. I've given you....two alternatives. One of which that isn't out yet. So one.

Lol.

TBF I was giving proper reasons though.

Haha, I'm only messing. I enjoyed the battering. :D

It's not every available option but...
nexus-one-total-cost.jpg

Wow, thanks Shorty. :) Nexus one seems to win in that table. It's just a shame that it's not out for a while, it looks brilliant. I am also considering some kind of HTC and maybe the N900.

/wrong thread, I know.

Haha, I'm only messing. I enjoyed the battering. :D

Wow, thanks Shorty. :) Nexus one seems to win in that table. It's just a shame that it's not out for a while, it looks brilliant. I am also considering some kind of HTC and maybe the N900.

/wrong thread, I know.

I would probably go for the Nexus tbh. YouTube search "Like Totally Awesome Nexus One" and watch his review. He's unbiased and has a play around with it.

LTA is the name of the show btw.

Yeah but it's out on Vodafone...Spring 2010. We are in Winter. I've waited aaaaages for my contract to finish already. Oh, so unfair *kevin and perry style*

I need me a pair of Star Wars shoes. I'm actually in love with the orange ones.

Adidas-Luke-Skywalker-Star-Wars.jpg

adidas-star-wars-at-at-forum-00.jpg

And these are so ugly that they've become awesome:

adidas-star-wars-micropacer.jpg

Edited by Goafer

The last ones look like a star wars duvet cover pasted onto a trainer.

They also have a red and blue button...matrix style?

I love how the second ones are just white shoes, with a picture of an AT-AT beside them to make them "Star Wars Shoes".