N-Europe

Joining The Police

Kirkatronics

...well there are a few things wrong with wanting power over people in the form of police status...

I mean, if that's someone's main reason then... yeah.

And you're right, if no one wanted it, no one would get any...

And maybe if everyone had that attitude we'd live in a very happy place.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The law is treating the symptom, not the disease, and is pretty much a haven for those who would fuel their egos through their concept of a certain moral objectivism, which, quite frankly, is absurdity in its ideal form.

Do you ever read back to yourself some of the convoluted bullshit that you type?

Your idiocy is so dazzling that its burning me in the face.

Of course, this is one of the fundamental tenets of people who are incapable of functioning mentally on the level of ideas; you discard everything that you can't understand as bullshit. Unfortunately I have neither the time, nor the patience to explain the fundamentals of human psychology/ philosophy to someone like you.

Instead, go look up "Perspectivism" and then "Objectivism." Come back when you actually understand the implications of both, you delirious dick ripple.

Back in your corners boys.

Really I can see kirk being a decent enough police officer, not everybody is corrupt/mean/egotistical. I'm sure he'll do just fine.

Thanks, i appreciate that.

I just need to cross my fingers really, i feel pretty compitent on the tests now.

War and Chaos in the Police doesn't fill me with hope for this country haha.

Haha, yea i can see why.

I love you.

But then I have a particular bone to pick with the way the law is enforced anyway. Prison terms do nothing to "rehabilitate" criminals, and the isolation from society only furthers their alienation and myopia. The punishment system is just a punitive act of vengeance on the part of those who can't understand those that would oppose their idiotic social dogmas. Because infliction of suffering is pleasurable and the current legal structire is a justification for extracting some sort of payment for lack of conformity (and simulataneously an extrapolation of a human being's inability to understand someone elses subjective sensibility), and a hilarious inversion of the ideals the law is supposed to uphold in the first place.

The law is treating the symptom, not the disease, and is pretty much a haven for those who would fuel their egos through their concept of a certain moral objectivism, which, quite frankly, is absurdity in its ideal form.

Capital punishment that rehabilitates criminals. Should we bring it back? Yes please.

There is no treatment for the disease of crime peopleare c*nts and thats cant be cured so the law and prison is the best thng we have.

I thought about joining the police force once, then I remebered I lived in Northern Ireland and changed my mind lol.

Truthery - and they don't get the danger money they once did!

Also the thing about being a black lesbian (danny said it?) is really quite true. My boss is a white male protestant. He's attempted to get into the police a few times and had no success because of the intake regulations. They'll take on people that did a lot worse in the interviews/tests because they are a certain religion (religion in particular here) or colour. Ballymena is about 80/85% protestant but they have an unequivalent ratio of who they take on.

The medical can be a bit hit or miss. If you've nothing majorly wrong or debilitating, you should be okay.

It does however take a long time to go through the process. (my boss has been trying for near on 5 years)

The TA might be good experience if you'd be interested in that.

The only policeman I know is my uncle and he's the worst human being I've ever known. I wouldn't say he's a product of his profession though, apparently he's always been vile.

Anyway. If you're doing it for the right reasons Kirk, good luck to you.

Kirky keep this thread updated with how it goes please, I'm quite interested.

I'm half sad that if this uni thing doesn't go well that I'd look silly applying for a job in the police force...

"Hi I did games design but I'm rubbish. Can I now run after people for you?"

Also I'll be... 23... too late to join?

Because surely the police force should be something you're completely committed to and not, "this didn't pan out, can I join?".

Meh.

Also: Bard, I think you're great and everything but when you come out with things like, "Your idiocy is so dazzling that its burning me in the face. " You do come across as a 16 year old with a good grasp of English, but very little social and reasoning skills.

Why you so... mad?

Edited by Wesley

I ain't mad, its just that me and Shiekah have...ideological differences. TBH. Also, the social context of a forum does inspire a disconnect that isn't there in real life. Anyway, I'll take that post as a compliment.

As for Danny: Capital punishment won't solve anything, what needs to change is the entire social structure, but to be honest, holding out for this kind of overhaul is fairly idealistic. I probably won't go into it here, since my views are fairly polemic, as always.

They should introduce the death penalty for children aged 14 and under. Get them while they're young. Manic lol

Ha!

Nice.

What's scary is that I had a conversation about the death penalty with a couple of Daily Mail readers and we touched on some things very close to what you said.

Oh, and I can't remember if I've actually said it yet, but: good luck Kirky-Berky!

I ain't mad, its just that me and Shiekah have...ideological differences. TBH. Also, the social context of a forum does inspire a disconnect that isn't there in real life. Anyway, I'll take that post as a compliment.

That has to be the first time you've provided a good reason for our different views rather than just calling me names.

I say: good job!

My dad actually was a fireman for a short time in the past. I can imagine him passing the fitness test as he does play squash an awful lot. I should ask him again what made him quit, lol.