Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Most wanted game remakes/sequels

Epic fail

We definately need a Shenmue 3!!

New Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Skies of Arcadia... basically a LOAD of DC games!

And basically ALL the Nintendo franchises they are currently ignoring!

I instantly loved this post when I read about the Dreamcast games! I love the Dreamcast, why did it die? :cry:

OH and Jet Set Radio is epic along with Power Stone. To be honest, it would depend on how they did Power Stone. The way I want them to do it is to keep it as the original two but with a few more characters and to have a storyline like in the anime series.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I instantly loved this post when I read about the Dreamcast games! I love the Dreamcast, why did it die? :cry:

OH and Jet Set Radio is epic along with Power Stone. To be honest, it would depend on how they did Power Stone. The way I want them to do it is to keep it as the original two but with a few more characters and to have a storyline like in the anime series.

Yeah the DC was/is AWESOME!!

I loved Power Stone, such an incredible game, SO much fun with awesome orginal characters, levels and concepts!

I didn't get the sequel, something about it just didn't appeal to me as much, and yeah I'd question whether they could make a new one that was as good as the first, but I guess it's worth someone giving it ago, if it's crap we can just ignore it.

There were so many great, original, GC games!!

Space Channel 5, Toy Commander, Headhunter, Chu Chu Rocket, Daytona USA, Ikaruga, MSR, Trickstyle etc... all of which could do with sequels!!

Edited by Retro_Link

I played the first Shenmue and enjoyed it, though I never got around to playing the second (never owned a Dreamcast). Though I think the forklift driving thing took me ages and was a bit frustrating. =P

But yes, I want a sequel to Mario Paint! Seriously, why haven't they made one yet? =(

HELL YES. They're actually making a sequel right now, you know!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogs_of_War_2

It was supposed to be released this year, but we've seen no details, screens or... anything else.

The lack of any info since being announced a year or two ago is what makes me doubt anything is coming of that announcement though. Which is why I said it in this thread.

Space Channel 5, Toy Commander, Headhunter, Chu Chu Rocket, Daytona USA, Ikaruga, MSR, Trickstyle etc... all of which could do with sequels!!

MSR seriously? MSR evolved into what we now call PGR. MSR essentially has 4 sequels.

I played the first Shenmue and enjoyed it, though I never got around to playing the second (never owned a Dreamcast). Though I think the forklift driving thing took me ages and was a bit frustrating. =P

But yes, I want a sequel to Mario Paint! Seriously, why haven't they made one yet? =(

Mario Paint did have sequel for N64DD called Mario Artist. Nintendo have move the game features into the WarioWare series and the Photo Channel.

My wet dream is getting the Troika crew together and make a new Vampire: The Masquerade and/or a sequel to Arcananum.

Only thing that would be mandatory is that they bug test the game.

Landstalker - It's an ideal candidate for a remake, as the setting and story are perfect. This time I'd like it in full 3D, not isometric.

There's Dark Saviour on the Sega Saturn if you want to play something similar.

My wet dream is getting the Troika crew together and make a new Vampire: The Masquerade and/or a sequel to Arcananum.

Only thing that would be mandatory is that they bug test the game.

Company Founder

Timothy Cain - Joined Carbine Studios in 2005 as programming director. Was promoted to design director in late 2008.[9]

Leonard Boyarsky - Took a year off due to burnout syndrome, then joined Blizzard Entertainment to work on Diablo 3.

Jason D. Anderson - Left the gaming industry to sell real estate. In September 2008 he joined Interplay Entertainment to work on an unannounced MMORPG.[10] In March 2009 he quit Interplay and joined inXile Entertainment as creative director in a new RPG project.[11]

Team Leader

on Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines:

Brian Mitsoda - Lead writer (also character designer).[12] Joined Obsidian Entertainment, worked on Alpha Protocol. Left Obsidian to open his own development studio DoubleBear Productions in June 2009.[13]

Chad Moore - Lead Character Modeler. Joined Sony Computer Entertainment motion capture department, work includes Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed, God of War and Killzone.[14]

Andrew Meggs - Lead programmer. Joined Mythic Entertainment to work on Warhammer Online.

Brock Heinz - Lead scripter. Joined Obsidian Entertainment as programmer on Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer.[15] Left Obsidian in early 2009, is now working at Turtle Rock Studios.

on The Temple of Elemental Evil:

Michael McCarthy - Lead Artist. Worked for Double Fine Productions on Brütal Legend and for Radical Entertainment on Prototype.[16]

others

Dennis Taylor (programmer), T. J. Perillo (designer). Joined 7 Studios to work on the PS2 game The Sopranos: Road to Respect.

Jesse Reynolds (programmer). Joined Obsidian Entertainment worked on Neverwinter Nights 2.

Christopher Glenn (artist). Joined SuperVillain Studios

I'm sorry, but it's just not going to happen. It would be great to have sequels to those, but the members are just all over everywhere.

And, these are the people that came from Interplay and Black Isle Studios, bug testing has never ever been their strong suit.

Perhaps though Obsidian could do the series justice as they most closely resemble the old Interplay/BIS.

Yeah the DC was/is AWESOME!!

I loved Power Stone, such an incredible game, SO much fun with awesome orginal characters, levels and concepts!

I didn't get the sequel, something about it just didn't appeal to me as much, and yeah I'd question whether they could make a new one that was as good as the first, but I guess it's worth someone giving it ago, if it's crap we can just ignore it.

You forgot Soul Fighter :D

AND YES! TRICKSTYLE! Loved that game, played it last night.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!