NEurope
Dante

Batman: Arkham City

You input the code that comes with the game but only if you got it from Game. If you didnt get it from then Game then you'll have to wait until November when its available to buy as DLC.

Have to say the predator section are alot harder this time round. The enemies do much more to stop you/find you. Man this game its just hitting all the right notes.

Loving so many minor details. Spent 10 minutes on my first riddler challenge haha. Awesome how you can tag trophies if you have somewhere to be/can't get to it. I'm still sucking at combat, need to relearn the new combos and what not.

One thing that annoyed me in Arkham Asylum was the armed bad guys never checked the ceiling to look for you. Now the AI is much better, but I find myself cursing every time they find me.

Loving this game!

I can't really see the problem with that TBH. Having to buy DLC puts people off used games, meaning they sit on the shelf for ages, the retailer takes a hit on them and transfers that back to the customer by offering lower trade-in prices in future.

Yes but the whole point in having this DLC (which shouldnt really be DLC, more of an online pass) is to try and snuff out the second hand gaming industry. Allowing Gamestop to pay what people have assumed is just a lump sum to be able to put the code back into second hand games is a step backwards in what the publishers themselves did this for in the first place.

In America there was a print error on a lot of the codes

xseMa.jpg

(courtesy of reddit)

I have to wonder you know just how Nolan North keeps getting so much voice work. He's really good in Uncharted obviously but theres just so little variety to his voices. 90% of all the random thugs in this game sound like Nathan Drake! At least Penguin doesnt which is apparently him as well.

Well i'm still waiting and doesn't look like my copy is going to arrive today.

I'm I pissed off? Hell yes!

Yesterday and today were my days off this week from work as well :(

Got confirmation from my mum that Arkham City is waiting for me at my parents house :) :)

only 1 hour left in the office then I can head over there and pick it up. Girlfriend is out tonight and tomorrow night, so have alot of free time to put into it this weekend :)

Better late than never i suppose!

Batman just turned up NOW, thats right, royal fail turned up at 16:25 to deliver it...

Nice to hear peoples feedback on this cannot wait to start but determined to not start until I finish Enslaved!

Aye, i'm just installing the disc on the HDD as i speak. Can't wait to get on with the story.

Just completed the main story on normal, very good as expected. Im looking forward to working on all the side missions now as I only got around to a couple.

Just completed the main story on normal,

Do I play games really slowly or something?

If this was school, I'd be eating crayons about now.

I doubt it, if Im really enjoying a game then i'll pretty much complete it with very few breaks. I did the same with Arkham Asylum.

Do I play games really slowly or something?

If this was school, I'd be eating crayons about now.

I've done 9% and been playing it quite a bit. Spend a lot of time wandering streets, doing side missions, general looking around for riddler clues. Also...

Is there a time limit? Strange keeps going on about project 10 counting down. It's like 8 hours away to be fair but still...

I doubt it, if Im really enjoying a game then i'll pretty much complete it with very few breaks. I did the same with Arkham Asylum.

You doing extra life again?!

You doing extra life again?!

Heh, if this had been out last weekend I probably would have had an easier time as well!

First thoughts. Wow, it feels like i just left the Asylum and walked into the city. No beat missed at all.

The free-roaming is different shall i say. Unlike Asylum, it feels "different" as such. They've done a good job so far of integrating Catwoman into the gameplan, no blips so far.

Got this game on Thursday morning, finished it a few hours ago, done a fair bit of the side quests, now all I have to do is the riddler stuff.

Then do it all again in new game+

Am I the only one for whom Arkham Asylum feels like 3 years ago and I can't remember it at all?? :heh:

I went straight in on hard difficulty and damn, is it ever hard. Going to be playing it slowly and surely, making it last and exploring gradually :)

I encountered a bug about 2 minutes into the game. The first time you can climb you have to go up a ladder. I grabbed the container below the ladder on the left and got completely stuck! Had to reload checkpoint.

Edit: someone's video of the exact thing that happened to me:

Edited by Shorty

Ok, one thing that annoys me about this game is the armed guards in the free roaming bits. Obviously while you have grates, walls and vantage points to pick them off one by one in Arkham Asylum and on the indoor bits in this game, I see no other option other than to drop in the middle of about 4 or 5 of them and hope for the best using smoke pellets and dodge.

Or am I missing something?

The armed guards on roof tops seem to have a pattern if there is more than one of them and can be picked off quite easily with some planning. Also most buildings seem to have things to hide behind and some do have grates for you to go under.

I havent really come across armed guards on the ground in huge groups except for one moment but they all moveed around giving me plenty of times to take them out.

I have to say this game is amazing, it just gets better and better and holy shit at some of the stuff in this game. Rocksteady revealed quite a few villians but I'll be damned they kept a few secret. God damn at what just happened in my game.

I must be the only one who is a little disappointed at the moment. Admittedly I am not very far in so not much has happened but it just seems a bit meh at the moment. I am about to go save

Mr Freeze, just arrived at the building after the GCPD.

Still "good" of course, but its not blowing me yet considering reviewers said it was the second coming of the messiah.