NEurope
Dante

Batman: Arkham City

I dont like the combat challenge riddle trophies, they're pretty much all I need and I cant get some of them to work properly.

Yeah, i've never liked them either. Can never seem to get higher than 2 trophies per challenge.

Completed this last night. Looking forward to seeing what DLC they release now, would be wicked to get some story-mode DLC for Robin and maybe others (Nightwing?).

Just completed this! Literally say watching the credits. Despite my early misgivings it came good in the end. Would love to finish off the trophies and do a new game plus run but way too much other stuff to play its insane!

Thats it I'm done, all the Riddler trophies for Batman and Catwoman. 100% on story campaign and side quests.

Time for new game+, I hear it mixes things up.

Just completed main story, still got LOADS to do on it! Only about 43% complete.

I finished it today too. Should make for good conversation on next podcast!

I finished it today too. Should make for good conversation on next podcast!

Just don't spoil it for me.

I didnt realise there was so many audio tapes because you dont collect them in the same way as AA. They are really good to listen to.

Just got the credits rolling for me too. Must say I am a little disappointed. It felt shorter than Asylum and most of City was rushing from place to place. This is neglecting the side quests naturally. I'll attempt most of them but I don't think I'll bother with the Riddler trophies. But I do love his voice in this game. Apart from when you die, do you ever see him?

As a fan of the Hitman games I did enjoy the sneaking and pimpsmacking.

EDIT: Don't worry, I've found him.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Just got the credits rolling for me too. Must say I am a little disappointed. It felt shorter than Asylum and most of City was rushing from place to place. This is neglecting the side quests naturally. I'll attempt most of them but I don't think I'll bother with the Riddler trophies. But I do love his voice in this game. Apart from when you die, do you ever see him?

As a fan of the Hitman games I did enjoy the sneaking and pimpsmacking.

I'm hoping to complete the side-quests and trophies to add the depth to this. Not too far in though, but need to get this done (hopefully) before Skyrim. Which will take all my time.

Damn this game for being great but it's also affecting my dreams, all my dreams feature me grappling hook my way to everywhere, and I wake up, fall asleep, grapple hook some more.

Damn this game for being great but it's also affecting my dreams, all my dreams feature me grappling hook my way to everywhere, and I wake up, fall asleep, grapple hook some more.

Heh, I had a similar problem after Arkham Asylum came out. I was walking through town and realised that I was checking out roof edges and noticing the best places to grapple!

Did a training side-quest yesterday.

Didn't know you could dive and use the momentum to pull yourself back up, no wonder i kept failing. The one i'm referring to is the one that gets you the boost grapple. Also, i had trouble getting into Mr Freeze's place in the old Gotham Police Station. Spent what seemed like 30 minutes outside trying to get through a frozen hole in the back.

I think I've got bored enough of this game now. Well, the Batman side of it anyway. I wasn't a fan of collecting the Riddler trophies in Asylum and now you're forced to so you can rescue the hostages. On the challenges with multiple standing pads, how do you do them?

All that's left is Riddler and the Identity Killer side quests. Time to pull out the ethernet cable from my PC so I can download the Catwoman game.

For a long time I was waiting to obtain a new gadget in order to unlock a lot of the Riddler Trophies, but you actually get a lot of mileage out of your starting equipment. I suppose that's one peril of the game's structure: I was expecting new stuff so I didn't 'waste' time trying to use the remote controlled Batarang or explosive gel, but if you know to use them the solution becomes obvious.

I'm kind of a little bored by this. I'm even considering trading it in for Uncharted 3. Save a little money.

I'm not missing anything interesting/substantial if I don't download the free DLC, right? I can't go online with my PS3 ever since a system update broke it ages ago.

For a long time I was waiting to obtain a new gadget in order to unlock a lot of the Riddler Trophies, but you actually get a lot of mileage out of your starting equipment. I suppose that's one peril of the game's structure: I was expecting new stuff so I didn't 'waste' time trying to use the remote controlled Batarang or explosive gel, but if you know to use them the solution becomes obvious.

Yeah, this is a bit annoying. I've spent a while trying to get some of the Riddler Trophies, but it's never clear to me if I'm missing an upgrade or if I just suck at the game when I can't get them. :sad:

I suppose it's just one of those things you have to deal with. It'll probably become less annoying as I get further into the game.

You're missing playing as Catwoman during the main game, in 3 dedicated missions (nothing special) and out around the city after the credits have rolled. I actually find her really fun to control and her A+B (X + O I guess) move is awesome. But it hardly breaks the game.

I do like the way some of the Riddler trophies are set-out to be achieved. In many ways, i think i prefer it this way over Asylum.

I just got the hang of the vertical question marks, i say got the hang i still fail sometimes. One or two marks needed the explosive gel to assist, which i thought was interesting and different. Completed 2 hostage rescues in the Riddler rooms and that some involve using cranes to uncover. Destroyed 2 Titan containers whilst attempting to find Mr Freeze. Tagged many trophies for later, and i quite like how you can't collect Catwoman and Batman trophies as the other character.

Wasn't sure if it was meant for a spoiler, but you never know.

and i quite like how you can't collect Catwoman and Batman trophies as the other character.

Actually, you can collect Batman's trophies as Catwoman, just not vice versa.

Actually, you can collect Batman's trophies as Catwoman, just not vice versa.

I stand corrected, i did not know that. I assumed that it were the same either way around

Dont forget to go talk to Calendar Man today seeing as its Halloween.

Aye, he reminded me yesterday. After his "30 days half September........." rhyme.

30 days have September ;) April, June and November. All the rest have 31... except February, to which we assign 29.

Didn't we all grow up learning the number of days in a month this way?