NEurope
Dante

Batman: Arkham City

It was a relief to hear Mark's cackle again. After Arkham Asylum he stated it would be his last performance as the Joker. I won't be settled until I hear Conroy again though!

Amazing. I really did love the first one and it's great to here it's getting a second, part of me did think they would just leave it at that though.

Surprised it's been revealed so soon after the first one has come out though.

Looks like it could be fantastic.

Don't think the game's called 'Arkham has Moved' though.

I hope not, that's a bit of a poo name :laughing:

I hope they don't rush this sequel out, I'd like to see a lot of things improved and expanded upon. As great as the first game was, it had many flaws and frankly nowhere near enough bosses. I don't want to see them just speed through the production of this game simply because the first one was so well received.

I hope not, that's a bit poo a name :laughing:

I hope they don't rush this sequel out, I'd like to see a lot of things improved and expanded upon. As great as the first game was, it had many flaws and frankly nowhere near enough bosses. I don't want to see them just speed through the production of this game simply because the first one was so well recieved.

Yeah it's aweful, I think it's just the tagline for the game.

It's not out for almost another year (might get delayed), I think it'll be ok.

None of these VGA announcements particularly thrilled me but i really did enjoy the first Asylum. One set in the city sounds good to me. Hope it spends ages in development though so i can recoup some money first

Erm...too soon? I love the first one and if this is rushed i'll be so disappointed.

Amazing. I really did love the first one and it's great to here it's getting a second, part of me did think they would just leave it at that though.

Surprised it's been revealed so soon after the first one has come out though.

Yeah I hoping thats not indicative of it being rushed out...

Also hope the Arkham Has Moved thing isn't a hint at all the villains being out and let lose on Gotham City...The first game benefited from being in a tightly constrained environment and relative isolation...

Also hope the Arkham Has Moved thing isn't a hint at all the villains being out and let lose on Gotham City...The first game benefited from being in a tightly constrained environment and relative isolation...

Going off the trailer a section of the city has been cordoned off and christened Arkham; you might notice the chunk of buildings in the foreground just over the wall don't have any lights on in the windows whereas the larger mass behind them are all lit up. In other words the environment offers a more city-like environment whilst still being an enclosed area.

Personally I don't see this arriving until February/March 2011, although that isn't based off anything other than gut instinct.

^ Yeah exactly, I don't think it's the whole city... it's probably just The Narrows, as inspired by Batman Begins.

Also, chances are they had already developed some of this stuff for the first game, maybe they were going to have it go partially outside the walls, but they cut it out to make the game much more focused on Arkham, with the intension that the next game would explore all the other stuff?

I hope we get some appearances from the Batman family in this one, even if its just cameos it'd be nice. Also a trip to the actual batcave would be cool.

Harley Quinn needs to be in her original outfit.

I was hoping the dress would be a one time thing but apparently not!

That is my only current concern for the sequel.

The character design in the original was generally guff. Too many motherfucking belts. And pipes.

More Batman Begins, less Games Workshop, please. The only characters that looked good were the ones they left more or less alone: Batman, Joker and Croc.

Yeah more diversity in the enemies would be great.

I dunno how much time work it is to many models of enemies in games but fighting hordes of the same 10 clones is getting too damn old.

It was way too apparent in Arkham Asylum.

I was thinking more the bosses, myself.

Harley%20Quinn%20Terry%20Rachel%20Dodson.jpg

Yes.

wallpaper-harley-quinn-arkham-asylum-13.gif

No.

bane2.jpg

Yes.

bane1.jpg

No.

edit: in fact, Bane fucked me off royal. He's supposed to be a crimelord in his own right. He took down Batman using brains and his wits then his muscle. In every other goddamn thing he's in they portray him as a gurgling brainless pectoral muscle. It's so frustrating when he's so much better than that in every way.

I thought Harley Quinn looked ace actually - miniskirt and masochist.

I think she'd look stupid in her usual outfit in the game.

Two face Uncle Sam Poster

ejgd3d.jpg

Wall around parts of the city area

chvyg.jpg

Crime lords places

2a7fjmg.jpg

svgwna.jpg

Base on this?

250px-NML1.jpg

Edited by Dante

Hopefully they will expand more on Batman's rogue gallery.

Boss fights with Mr.Freeze and Clayface would great.

edit: in fact, Bane fucked me off royal. He's supposed to be a crimelord in his own right. He took down Batman using brains and his wits then his muscle. In every other goddamn thing he's in they portray him as a gurgling brainless pectoral muscle. It's so frustrating when he's so much better than that in every way.

And to add insult to injury, in the personnel profile it says that he is a everything you mentioned but in the game he a dimwit that runs into walls.