NEurope
Dante

Batman: Arkham City

It is £54.99. An e-mail was sent to everyone who had already pre-ordered it on the 27th.

I'm redeeming points on it, so it be around £50. Got the same email as everyone else, so get it even cheaper. For whats in the box, it is a bargain price.

I'm redeeming points on it, so it be around £50. Got the same email as everyone else, so get it even cheaper. For whats in the box, it is a bargain price.

Cool.

Except what appears to be minus a game case, which has pissed me off a bit to be honest, I like my game cases all on my shelf... :( Hated the shitty carboard sleeve the later versions of Wii sports came with!

Cool.

Except what appears to be minus a game case, which has pissed me off a bit to be honest, I like my game cases all on my shelf... :( Hated the shitty carboard sleeve the later versions of Wii sports came with!

Yeah, does sound a bit crap if it doesn't come in a box. Will be a shame if it comes in a cardboard sleeve.

Yeah, does sound a bit crap if it doesn't come in a box. Will be a shame if it comes in a cardboard sleeve.

Well @flameboy got the collectors for the first game and the case for that was shit, when I went round his house it was worse than I thought it was!

Also i'm pretty confident it doesn't, there is nothing in the image but various cardboard sleeves... although under the figurine appears to be a draw of sorts i suppose to put a sleeve in.... Still not the same though! :shakehead

Giant Bomb as well are one to avoid...I read something that was massively spoilerish plot wise. in amongst an article that was just about mechanics largely. The writer (Brad Shoemaker) tried to justify it by saying look Rocksteady have not hidden this plot point, it is not a closely guarded secret like other aspects of the plot so they clearly don't mind people knowing it.

Massively regret reading it my first article I've read for a long time about this game.

Well @flameboy got the collectors for the first game and the case for that was shit, when I went round his house it was worse than I thought it was!

Also i'm pretty confident it doesn't, there is nothing in the image but various cardboard sleeves... although under the figurine appears to be a draw of sorts i suppose to put a sleeve in.... Still not the same though! :shakehead

Hmm, could be possible for a case. I know Fable III's collectors edition had a case, and everything was inside a bookcase. Could be surprised if a case does appear.

Hmm, could be possible for a case. I know Fable III's collectors edition had a case, and everything was inside a bookcase. Could be surprised if a case does appear.

everything Mike says is true....you can watch my unboxing video here:

BatmanArkhamCityCE.JPG

As I said, no case... carboard sleeves. Game is one on the left and above is the Gotham Knight animated film. And as I have already said, the first Batman did not come with a normal came case.

Fable 3 image shown a game case.

Fable3LCE.jpg

BatmanArkhamCityCE.JPG

As I said, no case... carboard sleeves. Game is one on the left and above is the Gotham Knight animated film. And as I have already said, the first Batman did not come with a normal came case.

Fable 3 image shown a game case.

Fable3LCE.jpg

Agreed!

yeah the missing game box spells problems to me...fable one clearly has a box. I'll stick with my steelbox edition of Arkham City and it can sit looking awkwardly with the cardboard box of Asylum.

Giant Bomb as well are one to avoid...I read something that was massively spoilerish plot wise. in amongst an article that was just about mechanics largely. The writer (Brad Shoemaker) tried to justify it by saying look Rocksteady have not hidden this plot point, it is not a closely guarded secret like other aspects of the plot so they clearly don't mind people knowing it.

Massively regret reading it my first article I've read for a long time about this game.

At least they put it inside the actual article. Kotaku et al. plastered it all over their respective front pages. Anyone who visited those websites two days ago know about that plot point now, whether they wanted to or not.

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes it impossible for me to take gaming journalism seriously. :indeed:

It looks like you definitely are supposed to keep the games in that drawer, and what's wrong with that? Put the statue on the shelf with your games, makes more sense than having it somewhere separate if it's attached to that drawer and cardboard backdrop.

I'm so glad I don't throw my money away on special editions anymore :p

I have the American version of the AA collectors edition, whilst it has the same items it comes in a better box (metal bat shaped box), the book has a leather effect cover and the actual game case has a cover. Region free aswell.

EDIT -

Just confirmed that the fourth playable character will be available as DLC and will be the awesome

Nightwing

Edited by bryanee

I have the American version of the AA collectors edition, whilst it has the same items it comes in a better box (metal bat shaped box), the book has a leather effect cover and the actual game case has a cover. Region free aswell.

EDIT -

Just confirmed that the fourth playable character will be available as DLC and will be the awesome

Nightwing

It's one of things though where we are decieved. I remember ordering from Game and it had the promo picture that was the same as the US version when this is clearly not indicative of what the UK collectors edition was actually like.

Luckily I saw the differences between the NTSC ans PAL versions so I cancelled and got the regular edition. I managed to get the NTSC version brand new for £30 a few months later.

At least they put it inside the actual article. Kotaku et al. plastered it all over their respective front pages. Anyone who visited those websites two days ago know about that plot point now, whether they wanted to or not.

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes it impossible for me to take gaming journalism seriously. :indeed:

ah right I get what you mean. Kotaku are not journalists to my mind by any stretch of the imagination.

It looks like you definitely are supposed to keep the games in that drawer, and what's wrong with that? Put the statue on the shelf with your games, makes more sense than having it somewhere separate if it's attached to that drawer and cardboard backdrop.

Everything! :p

But yeah at least it does have a draw to put the game in, because if it was just a cardboard sleeve I would be fumming! (I hated the Wii Sports one that much I actually bought a case and had a cover printed off just so it can go on my shelf!)

Depends how big the statue is as to where I put it, the marcus one for Gears of War 3 was taller than i expected so couldn't go on my shelf!

Got my copy all nicely saved away in OnLive for the moment. Just finishing off Arkham Asylum for the first time as well so I should be able to 100% that and slip straight into City. Gonna be sweet.

Just over a week to go! So hyped for this!

Hopefully, GAME won't be idiotic this time around and will actually send these out before launch-date.

Hopefully, GAME won't be idiotic this time around and will actually send these out before launch-date.

Did they mess up your Gears 3 order? Didn't you get it on launch date? What's with all these games coming out on Tuesday now? Used to be Fridays.

Did they mess up your Gears 3 order? Didn't you get it on launch date? What's with all these games coming out on Tuesday now? Used to be Fridays.

Yeah, they did get it sent for launch. Usually, games arrive 1 day before launch. They actually labelled the box for "not to deliver until Tuesday"

Yeah, they did get it sent for launch. Usually, games arrive 1 day before launch. They actually labelled the box for "not to deliver until Tuesday"

That is usually down to publisher embargoes on the stock being released to not break street dates. If online retailers didn't take these measures then publishers may start getting shitty and not supplying as much stock or special edition to the offending retailers (admittedly unlikely to happen to GAME given their size)

I'm so pumped form this I cant bring myself to play any other game and when I do I'm thinking this isnt Arkham City, arrrgh.

Also Gamestop have the DLC for pre-order in the states

Nightwing and Robin DLC in November and the Character skins in December.

November is going to seem so far away come next Tuesday (especially given I'm actually away when the PC version hits the shelves). Still gonna wait for the PC release though. I picked up the PC release of Asylum a while after I completed it on Xbox (it was something like £3 in a Windows Live sale) and it was stunning! Didn't really tax the system either, which was impressive.