Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Confessions and Advice Thread

Beast

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not done a single thing for my class this morning, and there's a good chance I have to do a presentation.

I may have to stand up, with a word document, and say, "I haven't done anything."

Should I skip it?

I have the exact same problem. Presentation today, yet I don't have anything as I had no clue what to do.

Thing is mine will get evaluated so I really can't skip...

Not sure what you should do really. =/

I've often wished that I could just fall asleep and not wake up (or not for a long time).

Have had that thought a lot again recently.

I have similar thoughts where I want to take a walk for an indefinite amount of time.

I think that´s because I want to get away from everything for a while.

Well I went today and it went fine, so go Eenuh it's a sign!*

Today we just switched computers with content on and wrote some feedback, rather than the lecturer actually seeing it.

*Don't blame me if it goes wrong.

Well I went, though one of my friends skipped, saying she was feeling ill, when she actually told me the night before she hadn't done anything, pfff.

It wasn't that great. Basically got told that my art style sucks (I agree haha) and that I should do something else. This year is not going great... >.>;

I have similar thoughts where I want to take a walk for an indefinite amount of time.

I think that´s because I want to get away from everything for a while.

Yeah, it's wanting to leave everything behind you so you don't have to worry about it anymore. Sometimes I wish I could start all over.

Well I went, though one of my friends skipped, saying she was feeling ill, when she actually told me the night before she hadn't done anything, pfff.

It wasn't that great. Basically got told that my art style sucks (I agree haha) and that I should do something else. This year is not going great... >.>;

Yeah, it's wanting to leave everything behind you so you don't have to worry about it anymore. Sometimes I wish I could start all over.

Your art style is lovely, your redbubble and n-e devotion proves that. :love:

No huge confessions here, apart from the fact there's tons of classic movies I haven't watched, and a tons of games I've hardly played or completed. :heh:

Oh, actually, I keep holding off looking for a proper job, and I keep telling people I'm actually looking when I'm not. I've got a degree going to waste, and I just have no motivation what-so-ever...

I think your art style is great! Seriously, peeps shouldn't try to dictate what styles of art better or worse, because at the end of the day it's down to personal opinion and ones own creativity.

Edited by CoolFunkMan

I have unpaid parking tickets. :blank:

Yeah, I don't really have any confessions. :)

I don't have secrets, I'll tell anyone anything! (if you get me talking. :p)

Two things which I've said here before is that I've never been on a Roller-coaster or had a curry. That fact remains true.

I'd confess to liking Hannah Montana but y'all already know that! :grin:

Guest Stefkov

I always was and always will be an average student. Probably below average.

Looking at my CV and the grades I got in the past nearly all of them are a B/C.

I remember being told quite a few times that I could get As in some subjects. Expectations were always high and I didn't deliver.

lol.

I always was and always will be an average student. Probably below average.

Looking at my CV and the grades I got in the past nearly all of them are a B/C.

I remember being told quite a few times that I could get As in some subjects. Expectations were always high and I didn't deliver.

lol.

Heh I'm the same. But I'm damn proud of myself regardless, so what if my friends got a in their a levels, I did as much as I could. Most of them are now pregnant sitting in the same places there were born in with no future.

Screw.them.

I don't believe that! That is such bullcrap. Your drawings are amazing! Don't listen to them, they're jealous of your awesome skill. Don't agree either, you have an amazing ability, don't let no-one put you off it.

I have some confessions but y'all would probably already know these: I am a fan of the Twilight series, I love Desperate Housewives, I like Ugly Betty (though lately it's a little crap), I like High School Musical and I loathe Mamma Mia.

Oh and one people PROBABLY didn't know, I thought The Dark Knight was average. I didn't enjoy it but I didn't hate it either. I thought Heath Ledger as the Joker was awesome but I just couldn't see why people adored the movie so much. I think the earlier Batmans are much better than the modern Batmans.

Can I just play devil's advocate for a second here and point out that most of you people don't have the first idea of what good or bad art is.

*points to the devil's advocate bit, just to reiterate*

I wanted to write something along the lines of 'its what you define it to be, don't need to know art to appreciate' that kinda thing.

But I couldn't quite get the words on here, so I'll just leave it it at. :grin:

Guest Stefkov
Heh I'm the same. But I'm damn proud of myself regardless, so what if my friends got a in their a levels, I did as much as I could. Most of them are now pregnant sitting in the same places there were born in with no future.

Screw.them.

I'm kinda proud of myself for getting Bs (in subjects which required actual knowledge i.e not English) at GCSE after doing next to no revision in my spare time before the exams. A levels don't count cos I did 2 dos subjects and Computing.

I remember standing in a hall waiting to go into Science GCSE exam and just flicking through the pages of the book we had for revision without looking at anything indepth. Also saying 'yes' in 3 languages, only 1 was needed, in my Spanish oral exam. That was funny.

The thing is in most subjects you can get an A in a GCSE by just regurgitating stuff from the textbooks, with little independent thought involved. You don't actually have to be good at the subject to get a good mark, which is really flawed.

I literally didn't pay attention in any of my history lessons for 2 years (mostly because the teacher was a joke, couldn't control the class, and I was sat next to one of my best friends, and we just chatted the whole lesson, and made fun of the videos we watched), and just read the textbooks back to front 3 or 4 times a couple of weeks before the exam, and got an A comfortably.

[i remember writing a lovely account on Dick Turpin based on the single page worth about him in the textbook. Literally wrote exactly what was in the textbook. Yes.]

Screw.them.

I'm the same. I always listened and always learned and did very well in class...but by looking at my grades, you would have thought I dossed about :hmm: but nevertheless, I am proud. As you said, most of the kids who had grades are either with children doing nothing with their lives, acting like complete twats to everyone because they're in university or doing nothing but taking drugs and drinking and whatever. So in comparison, I'd rather have shit grades and be the guy I am today rather than having good grades and being an arse.

So yeah, I will join Wolfy and shout "Screw. Them!" :)

dudedazz; that's a rather harsh view of students at uni :P

I'm quickly realising that I'm losing the will to argue on these forums because I'm far too aware that everything is connected, thus everything is complicated. I dislike generalisations, and more and more it is clear that nearly everything everyone says is a generalisation.

Even this, I suppose.

Generalisations just signify ignorance.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!