N-Europe

The Confessions and Advice Thread

Beast

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advice:

Am I wrong to be angry with a friend who is spending way too much time with her other half?

Yes, definately. I hate it when that happens though and they dont even realise! Two of my good friends hooked up (one of which I'm really close to, she's like my sister) and we've barely spoken for ages as they're always together :/

Yes, definately. I hate it when that happens though and they dont even realise! Two of my good friends hooked up (one of which I'm really close to, she's like my sister) and we've barely spoken for ages as they're always together :/

Hmm, I feel bad for being angry, almost like being angry at family, I get they've got a nice boyfriend and its awesome they are happy, but they are abandoning everyone myself included.

Its almost like a smack in the teeth, they've not spoken properly to me since before christmas..:red:

Hmm, I feel bad for being angry, almost like being angry at family, I get they've got a nice boyfriend and its awesome they are happy, but they are abandoning everyone myself included.

Its almost like a smack in the teeth, they've not spoken properly to me since before christmas..:red:

I totally get what you mean. I went through this not so long ago. My best friend went out with this girl (who I got a bad vibe off but I was happy for my mate) and he totally ignored me for weeks until I phoned. I reminded him that I was his best mate and he was like "I meant to call you but me and my girl have been spending time together" and he apologised...

Basically, just tell them how it is.

I have had words before, it doesn't seem to make much difference, I guess it doesn't help how much the other half of theirs spends here, its too long to have them over at weeks at a time and isn't fair on anybody in this house.

Once it was pushing four weeks, I can barely have them around for one. 5 people in this house doesn't work.

I'd like my mate back Pl0x. :(

Guessing it's Becka? Tell her ffs :P If you feel like he's taking attention (tbf your house doesn't really have a social area) then say so.

I know, I just feel abit of a cow going 'NO SHES MINE GO AWAY!!' but its been like since July they started going out and she's very quickly losing her mates. I mean she's not spoken to lindsey and the like for months.

Pah, I'll see when she gets back from his, whenever that is. :hmm:

Confession: I'm so in love with my girlfriend. I don't think I've ever been happier than I am right now, I'm very fortunate. However, this is an issue and that is that she smokes (not too much, but enough for it to bother me a lot). I did volunteer work at a hospice last year and became good friends with one the patients there who was suffering from lung cancer and was only 40 and at the time i had started smoking, mainly due to exam stress etc. After one of my shifts he said i should pop into his room to watch the footie so we did and he told me to stop smoking if i was doing it to help with stress as it's what happened to him and he became dependant on him, and then next week, for my next shift I found out he died a few days after. Since then i haven't even touched a fag as it really bothers me and upsets me when I think about him. Now, i can sometimes smell it on my girl or on her bedsheets (the latter is worse as my mind wanders a bit and i find it a bit hard to sleep cos of it) but my girlfriend simply said i should 'get over it'...

I'm not sure what i'm gonna do. It's gotten to a point where im tempted just to tell her that I can't go out with her if she smokes because it reminds me of that guy (which was probably one of the saddest events in my life up til now) and that she either has to stop or we can't go out.

Eugh I must sound like a right dick.

I can understand why you feel like that Goron watching somebody who is dying isn't an easy thing to stomach.

But you might be going too far with the 'dumping if you don't quit', chat to her first, explain what you have here, make sure your being persausive without being demanding, making somebody quit isn't exactly an easy task! Lord knows my family have been trying to get my sister to stop smoking and even when she's in more debt than my student debt she still continues.

Just tred lightly with the issue.

Confession: I'm so in love with my girlfriend. I don't think I've ever been happier than I am right now, I'm very fortunate. However, this is an issue and that is that she smokes (not too much, but enough for it to bother me a lot). I did volunteer work at a hospice last year and became good friends with one the patients there who was suffering from lung cancer and was only 40 and at the time i had started smoking, mainly due to exam stress etc. After one of my shifts he said i should pop into his room to watch the footie so we did and he told me to stop smoking if i was doing it to help with stress as it's what happened to him and he became dependant on him, and then next week, for my next shift I found out he died a few days after. Since then i haven't even touched a fag as it really bothers me and upsets me when I think about him. Now, i can sometimes smell it on my girl or on her bedsheets (the latter is worse as my mind wanders a bit and i find it a bit hard to sleep cos of it) but my girlfriend simply said i should 'get over it'...

I'm not sure what i'm gonna do. It's gotten to a point where im tempted just to tell her that I can't go out with her if she smokes because it reminds me of that guy (which was probably one of the saddest events in my life up til now) and that she either has to stop or we can't go out.

Eugh I must sound like a right dick.

You NEED to talk to her, and explain that this is having an impact. You started seeing her and she smoked yeah? In which case you can't really expect her to stop, but she could refrain from smoking in your presence maybe. All relationships (love involved or not) take give and take from BOTH parties/

Funny thing is is that I didnt know she smoked when we started going out. It was one of those 'saw each other at first sight' type things. It's frustrating, i mentioned it bothered me the other morning when i left her and she just said 'Well that's your issue, get used to it' which sounded so harsh, I don't think she really appreciates how much it affects me. And then later on she sends me a text saying 'I feel lost without you' which makes me wonder if she knew what she said earlier and how she said it.

It's such a difficult topic to discuss aswell. Relationships do take give and take from both parties, but she can very stubborn sometimes even when there's no need, just to make a point, so i guess I better be careful. Annoyingly i'm giving her her bday presents tomorrow which is when I was planning on telling her as it's really playing with my head.

From what I've noticed, a lot of smokers really don't like being told that it's bad for them and they should quit. When I used to tell my parents that it really bothered me that they smoked and that it was very bad for them, they would always get annoyed/angry at me even mentioning it.

So you might want to try and talk about it in a very inoffensive way or something...

I have reasonably broad shoulders but a small waist. I find that medium t-shirts are too narrow on the shoulders and ride up, and I'm constantly pulling them down. Whereas if I get large it's too baggy and hangs on me like a sack. Does anybody else have this problem? Do you know anywhere to get t-shirts that will fit me?

I have similar problems. Like I tend to wear a XS or S shirt but sometimes its too short in the sleeve. Or Topman 26inch trousers fit fine around my hips but they presume I have no crotch >_< But I have no solution except ummm...make your own clothes?

You could try buying a size up and doing the old 'sit in a hot bath with it on to make it shrink' technique but I don't know if that actually works or is an old wives' tale.

I have similar problems. Like I tend to wear a XS or S shirt but sometimes its too short in the sleeve. Or Topman 26inch trousers fit fine around my hips but they presume I have no crotch >_< But I have no solution except ummm...make your own clothes?

You could try buying a size up and doing the old 'sit in a hot bath with it on to make it shrink' technique but I don't know if that actually works or is an old wives' tale.

I'm pretty sure that only works on denim. And I don't think I'll be buying any denim t-shirts.

confession:

off on date tonight with a girl off a dating website...scary stuff

5 bucks says she's actually a man...

I've just found out I'm going out tonight - I was unaware a friend had bought me a ticket. It's army themed night, and my one camo T-shirt is back home. Ah well, there something quite satisfying about being better dressed than everyone else, and I really do like wearing a nice shirt.

Urgent help needed.

Confession: I'm bad at life skills. I.e I need advice on cooking a Pizza. Can I like...cut the pizza in half, cook half, and put the rest back in the fridge? I'm thinking yes, but I'm scared of the fact it won't be sealed etc.

Urgent help needed.

Confession: I'm bad at life skills. I.e I need advice on cooking a Pizza. Can I like...cut the pizza in half, cook half, and put the rest back in the fridge? I'm thinking yes, but I'm scared of the fact it won't be sealed etc.

Pizzas don't last very often, I'd say a week at most. The other half given its cut is abit like having very small potato chunks, it will cook quickly, so keep near it while its cooking.

Its very easy to cook, its just keeping an eye on things and knowing when things are ready, like chicken for example.

Pizzas don't last very often, I'd say a week at most. The other half given its cut is abit like having very small potato chunks, it will cook quickly, so keep near it while its cooking.

Its very easy to cook, its just keeping an eye on things and knowing when things are ready, like chicken for example.

Also it's not as nice, as the exposed base where you've cut it burns slightly and goes hard and crispy.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!