NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

So, looks like they've just replaced the E3-build with the updated graphics engine?

All I can see is a more turned down cel-shaded effect, stronger lighting and more rich particle effects.

Someone fucking tell them to tone down the HUD, seriously.

I am not playing the game with that shit all over the screen.

I presume that'll just show up in the first training area of the game perhaps?

I know it'll probably just come across as another unsatified Zelda fan... but can't say I'm really liking the graphical style of the game atm. I think it's the colour palette they're using and it has a slight washed out feel.

I know there's a long way to go, but I also can't help feeling that the Wii could do a bit better.

We established many many months ago that the large HUD was solely for demo purposes. Keep up.

Whereas I kinda like the art style it just doesn't have the same charm that Wind Waker had!

Whereas I kinda like the art style it just doesn't have the same charm that Wind Waker had!

Yep! It's not as strong or confident. The layers of shading don't wash over the picture in the same way.

I always seem to contradict threads but I'm going to say I really like the art style. It's artistic yet realistic, cartoony yet adult. It's very good.

What's the difference between these and the other screens? It just looks darker really... I'm not a huge fan of the art style but you can't please everyone. When Wind Waker came out people were moaning and I thought it was awesome, then as soon as Twilight Princess is announced everyone suddenly likes Wind Waker.

I do like the vibrant palette and art style, Nintendo seem to use it correctly in their games. But I'm hoping that there's still some major surprises and news for this game; when they were hyping it up beforehand it was being suggested that it was a whole new Zelda that won't be like its predecessors. So hopefully the storyline doesn't have the same outline as before (3 minor treasures unlocks the main storyline where you then go through each temple to complete the game)

That's not any different.

The only reason one screen has slightly different colours is because Link is perfoming an attack which has produced light.

We established many many months ago that the large HUD was solely for demo purposes. Keep up.

Established as in, Nintendo actually said this?

Established as in, Nintendo actually said this?

Yes, Miyamoto confirmed it in the E3 roundtable. Many of us read it.

I wasn't blown away by the art style, but it might be one of those games you need to see in motion.

Sure, because most other games can be experienced quite well by looking at screenshots of them:laughing:

Sure, because most other games can be experienced quite well by looking at screenshots of them:laughing:

Doesn't get rid of the fact that there are still plenty of fans out there moaning and crying saying how it's the worst Zelda game out there ignore the fact they never played it.

Doesn't get rid of the fact that there are still plenty of fans out there moaning and crying saying how it's the worst Zelda game out there ignore the fact they never played it.

To them I would say this: 'If there is doubt in your mind wether or not the next Zelda will be good or bad; then write an article about it and send it to NINTENDO. While you wait, think about your life and art/aesthetics in general, and take another sip of beer while you also wonder about the fact that you still live in your parents' attic.'

In the mean time, I'll be playing The Minish Cap again:)

God I love Zelda games. They hold such a sense of adventure, exploration and independence, as well as an interesting story and exciting gameplay.

I remember buying Wind Waker when the Cube was well into its 3rd year or so - also when I bought one - and it had me in its grasp for several weeks. The replay value was high due to the 'pictures-whom-you-turn-into-figurines' side quest. Those were the days.

The same goes for Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door, but that belongs in another thread:bouncy:

Edited by Fused King

This is another nope for me. I don't have a Wii anymore but this does not inspire me to get another one. I have had more fun playing the portable Zeldas recently and although reviews and an actually playing would make a decision, I'm tired of the relatively archaic design now.

The adventure that they are trying to tell should change more substantially. Just like it did for WW.

This is another nope for me. I don't have a Wii anymore but this does not inspire me to get another one. I have had more fun playing the portable Zeldas recently and although reviews and an actually playing would make a decision, I'm tired of the relatively archaic design now.

The adventure that they are trying to tell should change more substantially. Just like it did for WW.

But if you want to try it feel free to buy it, give it to me and then try it out on my Wii you're welcome to :p

I too don't really see any differences between those shots, other than one is a bit less saturated.

In the mean time, I'll be playing The Minish Cap again:)

Minish cap is on par with TP :bowdown: . Every other Zelda game is a lot further down in my books.