Match 5: Boney M. vs. Sonic Youth

Match 6: Kylie Minogue vs. Jade Ewen

Match 7: Susan Cadogan vs. Evanescence

Match 8: The Smiths vs. We Are Scientists

Match 9: Frou Frou vs. Pulp

---

Get listening, then vote!

I love both of these TBperfectlyFrank.

Stacie Orrico was so thrilling back in the day. One of my favourites when I was 12/13. I question why whoever nominated her didn't choose Stuck or More To Life or I Could Be The One (they were chosen to be the singles for a reason). I clap my hands and say yeah whenever I hear the climax of More To Life, especially the "other than this!" when her voice sounds so great. "I'm wanting more. I'm always waiting for something *other than this*!".

Liz Phair drenches me everytime I listen though. This isn't as good as the majority of Exile In Guyville, but its more immediate - you could never choose one of the songs off EiG to represent it, you have to listen to the whole album (I'd choose Johnny Sunshine if I were forced to though).

SO YEAH, Nashville. Sorry Stacie, you have potential, but you were up against

AmazingSpider-Man397.jpg

I hate that when one of the songs in each match isn't popular or at least by a well-known band, it's dead. This is why I wanted that system of weeding out and punishing those who only vote like I said above.

Anyway.

Nashville. My nomination, and early Liz Phair is fucking brilliant. I love lo-fi.

I hate that when one of the songs in each match isn't popular or at least by a well-known band, it's dead. This is why I wanted that system of weeding out and punishing those who only vote like I said above.

Anyway.

Nashville. My nomination, and early Liz Phair is fucking brilliant. I love lo-fi.

Let's be fair, you only posted this yesterday afternoon. Is there any chance you could maybe post these a bit quicker? I think it was a week since the last match-up, ao maybe if it was a bit more frequent it would generate a bit more interest and activity?

I'm going to vote for Stacie Orrico. Although both songs are not my cup of tea.

Liz Phair. It's very mellow and I liked it, although others could say it's dreary. You know, nothing particularly memorable or special about it but I wouldn't begrudge it if it was playing somewhere.

The Stacie Orrico song was just bad. I've only heard one other song by her prior to now and that was like 6 years ago or something and it became a sort of guilty pleasure. That just sounded generic and awful.

Nature of the beast really, an unknown artist probably won't go through, particularly if the song was as dreary (to newcomers) as that Liz one was.

So I go for Orrico, although I can't remember he being so generic.

Dreary? I've never heard it before but I thought it was a gorgeous sensual slow-burner. I agree Orrico felt a bit generic r'n'b and for that reason I shall give my vote to Liz Phair.

Dreary? I've never heard it before but I thought it was a gorgeous sensual slow-burner. I agree Orrico felt a bit generic r'n'b and for that reason I shall give my vote to Liz Phair.

Just given it another listen and to me slow-burner suggests it goes somewhere. To me it just plodded along all the way through. And its her voice, rather than the music, which is quite dreary. She sounds like she's just woken up from a long sleep or something. ::shrug:

Yeah, Orrico is crap but it made more of an impression on me than Phair.