Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (XBLA, PSN, WiiWare)

Happenstance

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see that anywhere, but if it's the case then it's no problem at all.

There was a suggestion on Gamespot IIRC that the split in episodes was going to feel like Sonic 3 and S3&K.

That said, Sonic 3 didn't feel like a complete Sonic game, so it's not all good news in that respect.

Unfortunately from that trailer it looks more like Sonic Rush animation than anything else.

And how did Sonic 3 not feel like a complete game? I mean ok so the final boss was a bit anti-climatic but the rest of the game was lengthy, challenging and overall pretty epic.

Unfortunately from that trailer it looks more like Sonic Rush animation than anything else.

And how did Sonic 3 not feel like a complete game? I mean ok so the final boss was a bit anti-climatic but the rest of the game was lengthy, challenging and overall pretty epic.

Because it was an incomplete game since it was split into two. Although to me, it never felt "incomplete".

Not too happy about the episodic gaming unless each episode is the same length as Sonic and Sonic & Knuckles.

Because it was an incomplete game since it was split into two. Although to me, it never felt "incomplete".

Not too happy about the episodic gaming unless each episode is the same length as Sonic and Sonic & Knuckles.

My only problems with Sonic 3 were the crappy main song and the unsatisfying ending. Everything else was good. Even if I prefer the other 3 games over it.

Of course, I hope this doesn't mean Episode 1 ends à lá Sonic 3.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes.

This really is Sega's last chance realistically. People have been yearning for this for years, and this is their chance to prove that they can actually do it. If they mess this up, they will lose too much trust. I'm sure they realise this though, having named it Sonic 4 essentially reviving a classic gaming series. They wouldn't take that kind of risk if they weren't certain it'd be what people are looking for.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!