N-Europe

Caffeine Fiends Unite!

Fierce_LiNk

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of Tea but never drink it as I ALWAYS burn the roof of my mouth or tongue on it and then wait for it to cool down and forget about it. :p

It's all about Cranberry Juice!

JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS! :grin:

Aww, Coolness. It burns your mouth? Cmaaan! Be a man! Tea is a drink of the Gods. :)

Aren't you a God, Coolness? :(

I love coffee! At work, going to Starbucks is like a little treat (we have it in one of our buildings and it's subsidized, so it's cheap). I like to mix it up between standard Americano, cappuccino's and lattes, my favourite is vanilla latte.

At home I used to drink alot of Diet Coke but I've cut down and started replacing it with sparkling water, more healthy. I like to have tea on a Sunday, I feel it's a very Sunday kind of drink. Ceylon and Earl Grey depending on my mood :D

OH if you ever get chance, go for afternoon tea at one of the nice hotels in London. The tea and scones are never ending. Bliss.

Ooo! Me and my housemates were going to go down to London at Christmas time, and have tea and scones in one of those hotels. I can't remember which one it was, but I was told that you can just eat as much as you want? The only reason we decided against it was because it was soooo expensive.

Yeees, I am pleased by the tea-drinkers.

Coffee? Cofwhat? Get ouuut! Tea > Coffee. :heh:

Ooo! Me and my housemates were going to go down to London at Christmas time, and have tea and scones in one of those hotels. I can't remember which one it was, but I was told that you can just eat as much as you want? The only reason we decided against it was because it was soooo expensive.

Yeees, I am pleased by the tea-drinkers.

Coffee? Cofwhat? Get ouuut! Tea > Coffee. :heh:

Christmas is the best time to go! Family tradition, we go to The Lanesborough on Christmas eve. It is pricey but it's a treat. You should do it Flinkster, look at this http://www.lanesborough.com/?page=culinary_experience/afternoon_tea#culinary_experience/afternoon_tea. It's drink and eat as much as you like.

Last year we saw Pat Butcher from Eastenders, lol.

Christmas is the best time to go! Family tradition, we go to The Lanesborough on Christmas eve. It is pricey but it's a treat. You should do it Flinkster, look at this http://www.lanesborough.com/?page=culinary_experience/afternoon_tea#culinary_experience/afternoon_tea. It's drink and eat as much as you like.

Last year we saw Pat Butcher from Eastenders, lol.

Ooo, that looks most delightful! :D I definitely would love to go to a place as posh as that, heh. We were talking about doing it, and dressing up all fancy to go there, with suits and dresses, hehe.

God, Pat Butcher? What's she doing there? She only drinks pints, haha.

There is one place that me and my friends absolutely looooved to go to. It's the Rottingdean Tea Rooms, which was about a 10 minute drive from our Campus at Uni.

http://oldecottage.com/default.aspx

Absolutely lovely place, and the scones and teeea...mmmmm.

And now, it is in the early hours of the morning, and I have another cuppa tea. This is a nice evening. :)

Aww, Coolness. It burns your mouth? Cmaaan! Be a man! Tea is a drink of the Gods. :)

Aren't you a God, Coolness? :(

i'm a god...

Flinky: What's that I can't hear you?

I'm a GOD!

Flinky: LOUDER! SHOUT IT TO THE HEAVENS

I'M A GOD ALMIGHTLY FLINKY! :grin:

___

Seriously though tomorrow I'm taking Tea and showing it who's boss! :D

Ooo, that looks most delightful! :D I definitely would love to go to a place as posh as that, heh. We were talking about doing it, and dressing up all fancy to go there, with suits and dresses, hehe.

God, Pat Butcher? What's she doing there? She only drinks pints, haha.

There is one place that me and my friends absolutely looooved to go to. It's the Rottingdean Tea Rooms, which was about a 10 minute drive from our Campus at Uni.

http://oldecottage.com/default.aspx

Absolutely lovely place, and the scones and teeea...mmmmm.

And now, it is in the early hours of the morning, and I have another cuppa tea. This is a nice evening. :)

That does look a charming place! I love that we still have tea rooms, it's a good tradition to keep up :D

i'm a god...

Flinky: What's that I can't hear you?

I'm a GOD!

Flinky: LOUDER! SHOUT IT TO THE HEAVENS

I'M A GOD ALMIGHTLY FLINKY! :grin:

___

Seriously though tomorrow I'm taking Tea and showing it who's boss! :D

That's the spirit! Drink it, provide pictures, and thennnn we shall bow.

That does look a charming place! I love that we still have tea rooms, it's a good tradition to keep up :D

It is pretty awesome, and you should definitely go if you're ever in the area. If you don't, I'll be disappointed. :)

We had lectures and then a 2 hours gap on Mondays, so we used to go that place. Seriously awesome. You'd love it, Mollymonster.

I love little places like that, because it kinda feels more personal and special, I think. It's very simple, but also very welcoming at the same time. :)

It is pretty awesome, and you should definitely go if you're ever in the area. If you don't, I'll be disappointed. :)

We had lectures and then a 2 hours gap on Mondays, so we used to go that place. Seriously awesome. You'd love it, Mollymonster.

I love little places like that, because it kinda feels more personal and special, I think. It's very simple, but also very welcoming at the same time. :)

Next time I'm in Brighton, I will make it my mission :)

That reminded me why I hardly ever have tea/coffee. I never understand why it has to be so hot. Do you jsut leave it until it cools down? Or what? I don't get it. Cause when it cools, it cools super fast, so if you miss the margin, it's freezing piss.

I don't get the appeal of the tension in working out how and when to drink it, especially in the morning. Fruit juice in the morning FTW.

That reminded me why I hardly ever have tea/coffee. I never understand why it has to be so hot. Do you jsut leave it until it cools down? Or what? I don't get it. Cause when it cools, it cools super fast, so if you miss the margin, it's freezing piss.

I don't get the appeal of the tension in working out how and when to drink it, especially in the morning. Fruit juice in the morning FTW.

Thanks for lowering the tone of the thread :heh:

I know a few people who drink tea/coffee when it's just a bit too hot so it sort of burns, apparently it's better or they get a rush. Who knows, but I can't do that. I think the tension is all in your mind Pashmylovely, just blow on it and take a tentative sip.

Pfft, it is a very fine art being able to decide when it is right to drink the tea. Try it. First, you will get burned. But, eventually, you will come around to our ways.

Thanks for lowering the tone of the thread :heh:

I know a few people who drink tea/coffee when it's just a bit too hot so it sort of burns, apparently it's better or they get a rush. Who knows, but I can't do that. I think the tension is all in your mind Pashmylovely, just blow on it and take a tentative sip.

Hmm, I think I do love it when it's very hot, but I tend to let it cool down a little. But, cold tea is horrible. I love that tea which is 10 minutes old, where its very warm, but not too hot it kills you. Ahh. I love my mug.

I hate the effort. It's like how I hate the idea of having to have toast instead of my usual Croissant/Pain au chocolat in the morning. I love toast, but the AGONIZING WAIT for it to toast. And it never toasts fully/properly, so you have to do it again.

Then the spreading of the butter/jam/whatever. Aeon.

And then the actual eating is over so quickly.

No. Fruit juice (quick, easy, energizing and lovely and cool) and some sort of premade pasty for me in the morning is ideal.

(Unless someone else is making me a big breakfast like bacon rolls or pancakes or something, then it's ok, since I just flop in a chair until I'm fed)

I hate the effort. It's like how I hate the idea of having to have toast instead of my usual Croissant/Pain au chocolat in the morning. I love toast, but the AGONIZING WAIT for it to toast. And it never toasts fully/properly, so you have to do it again.

Then the spreading of the butter/jam/whatever. Aeon.

And then the actual eating is over so quickly.

No. Fruit juice (quick, easy, energizing and lovely and cool) and some sort of premade pasty for me in the morning is ideal.

(Unless someone else is making me a big breakfast like bacon rolls or pancakes or something, then it's ok, since I just flop in a chair until I'm fed)

There is no agonizing wait. :heh: It's barely a few minutes. You need to get yourself some patience, boy.

The boiling of the kettle is pure anticipation. It's that one moment where you know you're about to have sex. That one moment of excitement before the drop on that rollercoaster.

Ugh, no.

If it makes up for it, I'm not angry or grumpy or anything in the morning. I'm fairly alert and friendly. I'm "a morning person."

It's just like..."always the hours" - the feeling that the waiting is in fact minutes spent doing nothing that will further my life in any way. Or at least keep me preoccupied with an activity I enjoy. It's like negative space. I feel like it's minutes of my life seeping away into nothingness, staring out the window waiting for coffee to be palatable, when I could be relishing the twang of cold orange/apple juice or milk, and a quickly-acquired breakfast...dish. Those moments in life that really annoy me, when I'm neither doing anything useful, or legitimately relaxing.

I'm scared. Hold my hand as I'm lowered.

Coffee is fucking amazing

Black as the night, hot as hell and no sugar, for me. It's basically like being punched in the face by a drink.

essential part of my breakfast, too. Muesli, juice, some fruit and a proper brewed coffee is unstoppable. Should note that instant coffee is for cavemen and philistines who hate themselves.

I stopped drinking tea the other year. I still drink it once in a blue moon. But very rarely. And now I feel much better for it. My teeth are whiter. I feel healthier in general (obviously I don't feel the same after 2 years but when you haven't drunk it in a few weeks you feel the benefits). And I didn't drink anywhere near as much as most people (2-4 mugs a day).

That's the spirit! Drink it, provide pictures, and thennnn we shall bow.

Coolness Bears

in

TEAFACE

In England, you gotta make the Tea first! Then when you get the Tea, you get the power. Then when you get the power, THEN you get the women.

I approached the formidable behemoth in front of me. This magnificent (albeit slightly dirty) plastic structure towering before me, its great red eye relentlessly watching as it boiled the water.

IMGP0835.jpg

While the angry bubbles of the kettle were raging on I took one teabag victim and mercilessly chucked it into its own personal ceramic prison.

IMGP0839.jpg?t=1250261994

I could hear it's hellish screams as the hot water slowly drained the Tea Bag of it's own life, leaving the hot steamy remains behind.

IMGP0841.jpg

After the grim, dank job of making the cuppa. I collected myself and took the photo of me enjoying the moment hoping that the tea didn't reek his revenge from beyond the grave and burn my mouth!

IMGP0850.jpg?t=1250262113

Fortunately it didn't and thus I live to tell the tale!

:grin:

Edited by Coolness Bears

Still...14-21 is not that much.

Wtf? Of course it is :p ... that's nearly 1 an hour at the top end, and that's without taking into account that you'd need to sleep and you wouldn't be near a kettle all the time, lol.

I don't really like tea or coffee. My taste buds haven't degraded to such an extent that they are tasty to me. Fruit juices and smoothies taste wonderful...if I can't have them then it's usually a glass of water.

I drink three cups of tea with one spoon of sugar and three or four cans of diet coke a day. :)

Brace yourself for diabetes.

Edited by Sheikah