NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Caffeine Fiends Unite!

I am Fierce_LiNk, and I am a tea-a-holic. Gah, that doesn't really work.

But, as it turns out, it looks like I am seriously drinking way too much tea. When asked how many cups that I drink per day, the number came to around the 7 mark...but it quite often goes beyond that.

I love my tea. The taste, the warmness of it, my tea mug/cup, and the anticipation whilst waiting for that kettle to boil. It is hands down my favourite beverage. You may have your Beers and your Vodkas and whatnot, but the good stuff is that waaarm and lovely tea. PG Tips or Tetley, I love them. :)

However, I seem to be drinking way too much of it. And, it's seriously not good for you. The calories, the sugar, the milk...and the fact that it eats up your iron intake. But, it's sooo worth it.

So, when going to Belgium on Saturday, I plan not to take any form of Caffeine for the whole two weeks. I'm questioning whether or not the marriage of tea and meee should come to an end. I have quite easily not drank tea when being over in Belgium or strange places, but this is my comfort. It's what I like doing. If I were to draw a picture of myself, I would surely have my Mickey Mouse Mug in my hand. :)

Who else out there feels my pain? Caffeine Fiends...UNITE!

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I don't, personally. The problem for me with hot drinks is the waiting for them to cool down and the preparation...

That said I do love a cup of coffee when I wake up at the weekends :D

I'm a caffeine addict, Diet Coke though.

I probably have several forms of cancer. Apparently it gives you cancer.

I drink lots of water, around 4L a day. It's annoying to piss so much but it keeps me fresh.

I didn't know tea had caffeine, only drink it seldomly, don't like hot drinks.

Edited by Shino

I drink way too much tea. Usually averages around 8 cups a day of the stuff, but sometimes more. I had to go to decaffinated ones, due to the doctor saying it was the cause of my random spouts of tiredness a few years back. Life without tea isn't worth thinking about! Though, I have like 3 or 4 sugars in mine, which everyone continues to inform me is "GROSS" or "INSANE".

Edited by Slaggis

I wouldn't say addicted but I have a coffee every morning. It's more... a routine, something I've been doing since as far back as I can remember. I like it sweet and black, like Eric Foreman.

I just drink cold water from the tap. Although last week I bought some summer fruity kind of juice (the one where it's just... drinkable. And non-pouring water into). Nice stuff. But quite expensive and I can taste the sugar... so I'll just stick with water.

I drink almost anything, apart from coffe.

I deteste coffe, the smell, the taste.. It makes me feel sick.

I like cup of sugary tea every now and then.

I drink almost anything, apart from coffe.

I deteste coffe, the smell, the taste.. It makes me feel sick.

I like cup of sugary tea every now and then.

pussy10charafe

I love tea, Earl Grey being my first choice as it's awesome...

*dons a bowler hat and monacle as he sips tea in a gentlemenly-like manner*

'I say... well if that isn't just absolutely spiffing' :heh:

All about the Espresso for me. It's just incredible. I couldn't start a morning without one. I love tea as well, albeit I only drink it on weekends really, like sunday morning or something. I'm probably heavily addicted to caffeine, but it doesn't get in the way of my life or anything so I don't really care.

Haggis, 3 or 4 sugars is gross, for the record.

I think hot drinks are crap.

I also don't like the idea of needing a certain drink in the morning.

Which is probbaly why I don't like it :p

I don't understand the British obsession with tea. Its alright but there's better things out there. And the way people seem to NEED it to function. And you say 7 cuppas as if its a lot Flink, most people I know are on more than that.

Or similar with coffee, how people seem to need it in the morning. Thankfully I'm naturally caffinated and don't need any help.

Ergo me > you :p

Which is probbaly why I don't like it :p

I don't understand the British obsession with tea. Its alright but there's better things out there. And the way people seem to NEED it to function. And you say 7 cuppas as if its a lot Flink, most people I know are on more than that.

Or similar with coffee, how people seem to need it in the morning. Thankfully I'm naturally caffinated and don't need any help.

Ergo me > you :p

His cups are huge though... like double or triple the size of normal cups. >.>;

No caffeine for me. I don't drink tea (disgusting!), coffee (ick) or coke (except on rare occasions). It's all about (fizzy) water for me, and the occasional fruit juice or chocolate milk in the morning.

Still...14-21 is not that much. And I think most people would have more if they didn't have to make them (tea drinkers also seem to be lazy ass motherfuckers).

I do actually love the smell of coffee and the atmosphere of a cosy coffee shop, but I would just drink hot chocolate.

Coke is where I tend to get my caffeine. Although I try and go caffeine free where possible but that's not so much on the possible scale in pubs and scuh.

His cups are huge though... like double or triple the size of normal cups. >.>;

No caffeine for me. I don't drink tea (disgusting!), coffee (ick) or coke (except on rare occasions). It's all about (fizzy) water for me, and the occasional fruit juice or chocolate milk in the morning.

I am proud of my cup! Or mug. Whatever ya call it.

Also, I was very disappointed to learn about your unlove for the tea. If you hadn't been so hot, then...then things may have been different, haha. I love my tea.

I drink milo or hot choc. Milo is good because it has added vitamins and the milk is good for building muscle. Milo has a small amount of cocoa and I believe that cocoa has caffeine

I like the idea of Tea but never drink it as I ALWAYS burn the roof of my mouth or tongue on it and then wait for it to cool down and forget about it. :p

It's all about Cranberry Juice!

JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS! :grin:

There's caffeine in cola, isn't there? I drink loads of that, so that counts I 'spose.

I love coffee! At work, going to Starbucks is like a little treat (we have it in one of our buildings and it's subsidized, so it's cheap). I like to mix it up between standard Americano, cappuccino's and lattes, my favourite is vanilla latte.

At home I used to drink alot of Diet Coke but I've cut down and started replacing it with sparkling water, more healthy. I like to have tea on a Sunday, I feel it's a very Sunday kind of drink. Ceylon and Earl Grey depending on my mood :D

OH if you ever get chance, go for afternoon tea at one of the nice hotels in London. The tea and scones are never ending. Bliss.