NEurope

It's only got 21,000 miles on :D

There was a black one with leather seats... man I wanted that one bad - but I went for the slightly better insurance and half the miles, and a better condition body.

Picking it up on Tues so I don't have any pics of my own yet but from the dealer's site:

AETV76396756_1b.jpg

oh wow very nice shorteh!

looks either pretty new or well looked after! (i don't know you lots reg number system to even hazard a guess)

Yeah should be a dream to insure, my 1litre car is only £800 (for my first year of driving! and northern irish insurance too).. group 1 insurance ftw =P

Oh it's complicated. That reg system. Don't even try to get your head around it.

For starters, that "06" means "2006".

Mental, eh?

;)

Oh grats Shorty, looks lovely, I recall trying a black corsa before I saw my ford fiesta and I couldn't fit in it (knees to my chin), I loved it too!

Oh it's complicated. That reg system. Don't even try to get your head around it.

For starters, that "06" means "2006".

Mental, eh?

;)

not something you would necessarily assume if you live in northern ireland which has a completely random identification system. :heh:

Ah I think I'm doing my driving lessons in a Corsa heh. Quite a nice car. My cousin is actually selling hers (one from 2003 but barely any miles) for €1890. Too bad I don't have the money for it. =(

I'm driving around in a corsa at the moment, a 1.4 automatic. I don't think I've ever come so close to being in a coma as when I have the thing on the motorway. God I hate it.

I'm driving around in a corsa at the moment' date=' a 1.4 automatic. I don't think I've ever come so close to being in a coma as when I have the thing on the motorway. God I hate it.[/quote']

The first car I drove when I passed my test was a Corsa. I haven't driven one since.

I'm hoping you mean it's boring just because it's an automatic. Otherwise that's hardly something I want to read after the amount of money I've just spent! It seemed really nippy when I took it out for a test spin (although anything would after the way may old car was carrying itself at the end).

I need to buy a clip for my phone to go on... can't decide between these locations

630520.jpg652855.jpg652856.jpg

None of them seem as ideal as my old one, but the first one seems the less destructive since it doesn't need a "Gap Opener" tool.

The last one says "Only for CC" - anyone know what "CC" is referring to?

I'm hoping you mean it's boring just because it's an automatic.

It's probably boring compared to his Elise regardless of transmission.

It's probably boring compared to his Elise regardless of transmission.

Yeah I kinda thought the same, its a bit unfair comparing that beast to a normal car =P

@shorteh - cc normally stands for coupé convertible does it not?

I'm not a huge fan of Corsas anyway, but yes the automatic transmission totally ruins any car for me regardless of what it is. I've never had one that has operated things in any form of a sensible way, all of them sluggish, boring and rubbish.

I've been looking through a few of my old pictures and I'm getting very excited about picking up my car now. It's the one thing that still gets me excited like a a kid waiting for a birthday/christmas morning. I really hope it's this week.

On a slight change of topic, has anyone ever been to the Paris motorshow? I'm thinking of driving across via the tunnel for it, would be good if anyone has any advice on the trip or general French driving experience.

I'm hoping you mean it's boring just because it's an automatic. Otherwise that's hardly something I want to read after the amount of money I've just spent! It seemed really nippy when I took it out for a test spin (although anything would after the way may old car was carrying itself at the end).

I need to buy a clip for my phone to go on... can't decide between these locations

630520.jpg652855.jpg652856.jpg

None of them seem as ideal as my old one, but the first one seems the less destructive since it doesn't need a "Gap Opener" tool.

The last one says "Only for CC" - anyone know what "CC" is referring to?

To be fair, anything you get after a KA is going to be an improvement.

I learnt to drive in a Corsa 10 years ago. Thought it was an ok car to drive and I passed first time in it :) Of course the newer models are even better these days. To be fair anything with power steering was awesome to me back then. I only got a car with power steering last year infact. It's only my 3rd car in 10 years and is my second Astra. Love the Astras!

@shorteh - cc normally stands for coupé convertible does it not?

Coupé Cabriolet.

I've got a windscreen holder for my phone. I think it works really well as I use Tom Tom on my iPhone too so if I need to I can spin it around to go into landscape mode. It's also within easy reach for if I need to skip a song or whatever.

I traded my car in... then I got home.

And they called me like "your car is crap... we can't take this"

...shiiit.

I traded my car in... then I got home.

And they called me like "your car is crap... we can't take this"

...shiiit.

Isn't every car you trade in "as seen"?

Did you get a warranty on your car?

Yeah only 1 month. It is "as seen" but the buyer laws are more lenient in the UK these days, if it went anywhere they might claim something in terms of the car not being of merchantable quality. It basically needs a new clutch.

A ka clutch seems pretty cheap though. This one's £39 delivered. I reckon if I offer to pay for the new clutch plus labour they'll let it go.

Goddamn. I'm learning a lot here, this was my first used car purchase. Next time I will be wiser....

Yeah only 1 month. It is "as seen" but the buyer laws are more lenient in the UK these days, if it went anywhere they might claim something in terms of the car not being of merchantable quality. It basically needs a new clutch.

A ka clutch seems pretty cheap though. This one's £39 delivered. I reckon if I offer to pay for the new clutch plus labour they'll let it go.

Goddamn. I'm learning a lot here, this was my first used car purchase. Next time I will be wiser....

I wouldn't pay for labour. I think you're generous offering to pay for the clutch.

Yeah me too, surely they've already taken it? They can't come and steal the car you've bought from them back. I'd tell them to get lost personally.

I don't think Corsa's are all that bad. Back in my learner days someone had crashed the crappy Hyundai i30 which every learner my instructor had hated. So as a courtesy car my instructor got a Corsa 1.3 eco flex which I really loved, mainly due to the fact it was fitted with a turbo. All I'm saying is you can do plenty worse than a Corsa (like a fiat 500)

I probably wouldn't buy one now, but it was a good car for getting a need for speed. That being said I've seen quite a lot of learners in my area learning in Audi's which leaves me quite puzzled.

Got to drive one of these today:

grand_voyager_home.jpg

Pimp to the max. The boot and sliding side doors can be opened (as in the doors/boot lid open fully) from the key fob. It's basically a transformer. The dash also had more buttons than one person needs. Proper American style gear selector as well, the sort of one that's on the steering column. Aww yeah.

Almost put myself through the windscreen though when I went to press the clutch and hit the brake pedal (it's an auto). Been a long time since I've driven an automatic. Hopefully it will be a long time before I drive another.

In short: the car is pimping and luxurious, but a bit dull to drive.

Got to drive one of these today:

grand_voyager_home.jpg

Pimp to the max. The boot and sliding side doors can be opened (as in the doors/boot lid open fully) from the key fob. It's basically a transformer. The dash also had more buttons than one person needs. Proper American style gear selector as well, the sort of one that's on the steering column. Aww yeah.

Almost put myself through the windscreen though when I went to press the clutch and hit the brake pedal (it's an auto). Been a long time since I've driven an automatic. Hopefully it will be a long time before I drive another.

In short: the car is pimping and luxurious, but a bit dull to drive.

....It's a mini-van. No one should be happy with a Mini-van except soccer moms.