NEurope

Well since I've cleaned and polished my car today I thought I'd share some pictures with you.

I have a Ford Fiesta MKIII, 1.1 quartz, 1996.

fiesta1.png

fiesta2.png

fiesta3.png

fiesta4.png

fiesta5.png

fiesta6.png

So what cars do you people have? What are they like? Post pictures.

(please post pictures in spoiler tags so that the thread is easier to read through.)

As soon as I get my license, (and a job I guess) I'm gonna get either a Lancia Delta Integrale, or an old E30. That old boxy retro look that rally cars back in those days had is sooooo nice.

I have a red Renault Clio Authentuque.

I loves it :]

Ill post some pics later on :)

--

Noticed a bit of rsutage on the back of yours, you getting it sorted or leaving it?

Also, how much was it? Probobly less than min :S

Quartz is a gemstone as far as I know.

First car. MK2 Golf 1.6:

Photo-0485.jpg

Then bought a 1971 VW Hustler Beach Buggy 1.3 for a weekend car:

100_0437.jpg

Then replaced the Golf with a 1988 Mazda RX7 1.3/2.4 (long story):

100_0485.jpg

Then I took the RX7 to the Nurburgring and it needed some repairs afterwards. I was too skint from putting petrol in it to repair it. So I sold it and bought a 1987 VW Scirocco 1.8:

When I bought it:

100_1360.jpg

Now:

100_2135.jpg

Then I got bored of the Beach Buggy sitting in a garage waiting for good weather and slowly decaying, so replaced it with an imported 1993 Toyota MR2 2.0. It has the looks of the RX7 (which I missed) and the open top awesomeness of the buggy:

n687920340_4361436_7958.jpg

So I currently have the Scirocco and the MR2. I'm fairly happy with them for now.

I just read the bit asking what they were like. A brief summary of each:

Golf: Crap. Didn't realise it at the time since it was my first car, but I had to drive it a few months after I sold it and realised it was crap.

Buggy: Epic on so many levels. Everyone waved or smiled at it. It was like being a mini celebrity. I'll own another one day.

RX7: Expensive to run. Took tonnes of petrol and oil (they are supposed to burn oil). No power at low revs, all the power comes at 4k and above. Rotary engines make a good sound.

Scirocco: Like the golf, but good. I love my Scirocco.

MR2: Good fun. A bit boring due to power steering and ABS, but it's fast enough to make up for it. Plus I can take the roof off and be totally cool.

Edited by Goafer

Gas guzzlersssssssssssssssssssss.

I drive a ford focus/ ford fiesta (the new kind). I am at uni currently so I don't need it. The sisters use it at home :)

Quartz? Do you mean Quarts, or Liters?

Quartz as in the gemstone. It's the model of the car. Another model is sapphire.

(look at the back of the car)

Currently driving a Rav 4 :D

Is that your car or are you driving your parents car? If it's yours, that's quite brave. If only for the insurance costs.

Is that your car or are you driving your parents car? If it's yours, that's quite brave. If only for the insurance costs.

Nah its my mum's! It was her 'mid life crisis/single mother against the world' purchase.

Awesome though.

Quartz as in the gemstone. It's the model of the car. Another model is sapphire.

(look at the back of the car)

lul my bad. It's just that putting that right after 1.1 made me think the engine size rather than model.

Ah, good good. I thought it was an interesting choice for a first car. At least you'll get used to driving a big car first. Then any car will be easy to drive.

I feel I've got my midlife crisis (car wise) out of the way early. When I'm old, I'm going to drive an MG and wear a flat cap. May smoke a pipe, I haven't decided yet.

I drive a silver ford fiesta. 2005 version. 3 door ^_^

I'll get pictures of betsy soon.

Renault Clio for me, 03 plate.

Was thinking of washing it tomorrow so will post pics then! :heh:

I don't feel like going through the process of taking pics putting them on the SD card putting them on the PC then uploading them. So this isn't mine, but it's exactly the same model in a different color.

24272227_1.jpg

Mines silver, with a few dents and dings, a million hair-thin scratches (like what grass would do, but they're on every inch of the truck). The bumper on mine is crooked cause I fishtailed into a ditch(on my way to school 8) ). The tailgate doesn't stay closed, the back window is tinted, the back bumper is dent from when my mom backed into a tree. From November to March I had a gas leak on my return line, my transmission only has 1st and 3rd gear (of 4 and it's manual). The ransmission also slips when wet, slips in all gears, even when it had all four. I think I need a fuel filter because I lose all power if I push the pedal past an inch from default. I can make it stall if I switch from reverse to drive real quick while backing out of the driveway (it's hard to do since there is a 5 second interlude between when the gears switch). I need my U-Joints replaced because the rear or the middle (likely both) 'ping and clank' when I shift out of park.

The engine is great though. V8 350. I get crap gas mileage though. Better than when it was leaking though. Can't really get anything new since I'm piss-poor the job market is bad, and I'm not that concerned.

Ooh, car names. I forgot about them.

Golf: Bruce. It was the same colour as a bruise (black and blue). Bruise=Bruce.

Buggy: Vince. A friend named it.

RX7: Rex. Everyone calls them Rexes, so it was logical.

Scirocco: Rocco

MR2: Normally just gets called Mister 2. Also, in French, MR2 sounds suspiciously like "merde" which is French for "shit". Awesome.

Oh and you guys should check your tyre pressures regularly. Helps no end with fuel economy.

Ha funnily enough I too have a MKIII fiesta. Same colour blue as yours. Mines a 93 model though and is on it's last legs. I'm currently on the hunt for a new car. Going for an Astra which I will hopefully find in the next few weeks.

Warning about MKIII fiesta's... Clean out the oil filler cap and the pipes to the air filter on a regular basis. They suffer badly from "Smeg" which is where condensation mixes with the oil and causes this yellow gunk to clog up everywhere. Not good for the car and causes it to conk out a lot and you'll notice it being a bit sluggish...... A nice clean up with some carb cleaner and it will be running like new! I do it every few months and before an MOT and it sails through. :)

Warning about MKIII fiesta's... Clean out the oil filler cap and the pipes to the air filter on a regular basis. They suffer badly from "Smeg" which is where condensation mixes with the oil and causes this yellow gunk to clog up everywhere. Not good for the car and causes it to conk out a lot and you'll notice it being a bit sluggish...... A nice clean up with some carb cleaner and it will be running like new! I do it every few months and before an MOT and it sails through. :)

Ooh I always wondered what that stuff was. I'll clean it out then. Does it make it any better on oil by any chance?

Very nice buttons. What engine is it? What does it drive like? I've fancied a 207 GT, but I can't afford it, not by a long way. Besides it's a little too small for me.

Ha funnily enough I too have a MKIII fiesta.

Think nearly everyone has had a Mk3 Fiesta in their time!!

It was my first car anyways, 5 door, red.