N-Europe

N-Europe Summer Meet

Eddage

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, I will, even if we are on the same team. :wink:

I'm pretty confident I'll get my JSA later today, that means I'll definitely have money for train tickets. (Providing tickets to Random London Station from Birmingham New Street don't cost over £100.)

Okay, yay, I got my money via probably racist taxpayers. Now I just need to figure all this out.

I'm coming down on the Friday, to a city I've never been to before.

Which station should I book my tickets to?

Where should I go when I arrive?

Who, from outside of London, will be there on the Friday?

Who's going to hold my hand? London's a big city! :o

Is the accommodation sorted yet? I thought that was what this thread was about.

I'm getting there moogle! Some people still won't give definite answers and at the moment the Saturday night looks like there's only gonna be 3 of us which means it'll cost a bit more, I need to talk to some of you individually so I'll add you on messenger when I get home from work (about 8) so that it can be sorted

I'm getting there moogle! Some people still won't give definite answers and at the moment the Saturday night looks like there's only gonna be 3 of us which means it'll cost a bit more, I need to talk to some of you individually so I'll add you on messenger when I get home from work (about 8) so that it can be sorted

I still don't know if i'm coming or not, apparently i'm meant to be on holiday. Nothing has been booked yet to say i am, however we are only camping so it will depend on the weather.

Which is a tad bit unfair considering that his profile states he lives in the South of England.

For some people, it's not as simple as "a day out." For people like Dannyboy, it must cost a fair bit to get over here, not including hotels/hostels and stuff. I know the cheapest it has cost Ine to get here is around 50 quid, so we're forever grateful for the Eurostar, haha. It's not like everyone is made of money, though. Or time. If it was really that simple, then maybe we should organise a meet-up in The Netherlands.

Flink, I love you but really think you can't really talk at all about how hard it is for anyone to get there. You can go. It's easy. But you're not going. I understand your reasoning, but I don't think it's fair that just because one of you can't experience something the other one has to miss out too.

I think someone should add to the first post the the Victoria Line is closed on the 18/19 July It's the main line to the park from both Victoria and King's Cross St Pancras, so I suggest thsoe who it effects (myself included) find an alternative tube route.

Very good point. I guess central line southbound from King's X to hyde park corner, or district/circle lines westbound like one stop... to be honest I think people shouldn't be scared of trying to walk there :) Grab an overground map and just give it a shot. The park's pretty big so it's not hard to miss it.

Okay, yay, I got my money via probably racist taxpayers. Now I just need to figure all this out.

I'm coming down on the Friday, to a city I've never been to before.

Which station should I book my tickets to?

Where should I go when I arrive?

Who, from outside of London, will be there on the Friday?

Who's going to hold my hand? London's a big city! :o

Coming from north means you'll probably arrive to either St. Pancras or Paddington, depending on where precisely you're travelling from. Just go to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ and type in something like "Victoria" to see how many changes you need. As for the rest of the questions I think you should read the thread, see who has said they're going to be there on friday, and contact them more personally.

Flink, I love you but really think you can't really talk at all about how hard it is for anyone to get there. You can go. It's easy. But you're not going. I understand your reasoning, but I don't think it's fair that just because one of you can't experience something the other one has to miss out too.

I could go, you're right, it is easy. I have the money, I'm confident about the train route and journey time, and because I haven't canceled the hotel yet, I would have a place to stay.

I could come, but Ine can't. We had the whole thing planned out, but the operation she needed for her leg is something that is out of anyone's control. It's an effort for her to go upstairs to the loo, or to bed, so it would be impossible for her to travel. I understand that it may not seem fair for one person to miss out because of the other person, but I wouldn't feel right in myself knowing that I was out there doing something that we should have been doing together. At the same time, I wouldn't feel right knowing that she would be miles away, probably in pain, wishing that she was there with me and with the rest of us lot.

She's pretty lonely at the moment, because she's confined the her house, and because I can't get over there til at least August, or until I get my teaching job sorted before then. If it means that I stay in on a Saturday evening speak to her/keep her company, then that's just something that I need to do.

People have different commitments. They may not be able to go because they can't get time off work, or because they can't afford the travel fare. In this case, Ine is my commitment. She's very important to me, and I'm putting her first.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I could go, you're right, it is easy. I have the money, I'm confident about the train route and journey time, and because I haven't canceled the hotel yet, I would have a place to stay.

I could come, but Ine can't. We had the whole thing planned out, but the operation she needed for her leg is something that is out of anyone's control. It's an effort for her to go upstairs to the loo, or to bed, so it would be impossible for her to travel. I understand that it may not seem fair for one person to miss out because of the other person, but I wouldn't feel right in myself knowing that I was out there doing something that we should have been doing together. At the same time, I wouldn't feel right knowing that she would be miles away, probably in pain, wishing that she was there with me and with the rest of us lot.

She's pretty lonely at the moment, because she's confined the her house, and because I can't get over there til at least August, or until I get my teaching job sorted before then. If it means that I stay in on a Saturday evening speak to her/keep her company, then that's just something that I need to do.

People have different commitments. They may not be able to go because they can't get time off work, or because they can't afford the travel fare. In this case, Ine is my commitment. She's very important to me, and I'm putting her first.

And I must say that I admire you for this. :)

Why are people having to defend there reasons for not coming? Not everybody can make it easily. Not everybody has the time or money. Not everyone wants to go that much. Yes Letty is having to put a lot of effort into this, but she obviously wants to come and has put it on the top of her priorities. Other people have other priorities. That's their choice.

Now can you all just shut the fuck up about irrelevant little things so we can sort this out.

Very good point. I guess central line southbound from King's X to hyde park corner, or district/circle lines westbound like one stop... to be honest I think people shouldn't be scared of trying to walk there :) Grab an overground map and just give it a shot. The park's pretty big so it's not hard to miss it.

I'm going to be walking from King's Cross, it's roughly 30-40 minutes, well it was to the US Embassy and they're not that far apart

Right so Roadkill said something a little bit unneeded. Its over. People this is happening in about 2 weeks, cheer up! WAHEY. Hopefully lovely and sunny :)

Haha, I find it amusing people got in a twist about an off hand comment that didn't matter in the slightest

As far as I'm concerned if you want to stay at home that's your call, I'm just always amazed at how far Letty has to come, and then people who are 5 minutes walk away make excuses not to come

Hmm...might only be able to pop down for a little while...the girlfriend thinks I'm coming down to London to see her :heh:. I'll see if I can't get away for a while...or maybe even drag her along, besides I have told her various tales of my "internet aquaintances" =p. I feel slightly pathetic.

Since Fierce Link and Dan Dare aren't coming, who am I going to do this with? It's a time honoured N-E Meet Tradition!

Me? Maybe? If you want. Do you want?

Little help: Anyone know of any ticket-buying website places that accept Solo cards?

Edited by Roostophe

I'm still thinking about it. I could combine it with picking up a cheque for a bit of money which annoyingly my uni can't be arsed to post to me. If you see a guy hanging around Hyde Park and think "Christ, James McAvoy has let himself go a bit. He looks shit" that'll probably be me.

So is everyone slowly flaking on meetup awesomeness? Cos...errr....I might, a bit, just a tiny bit. A friend has decided to have her birthday up in regent's park on the same day, though I have no idea of time, so I'm gonna come up for this early(which I planned anyway) then maybe head over there depending what time they're there from/til, though really this is my priority cos it's so rare, and cos it was organised first. So worry not(or do), I shall still be there!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!