NEurope
Caris

The App Store Thread

You might as well compare a Van Gogh with a Warhol. Obviously we weren't talking linguistically since I pointed out the detail of its functionality twice.

I think we were looking at it from two different angles then. Ah well its over now.

It was a long day yesterday and my head was fuzzy from Apple indoctrination. Too much Kool-Aid.

Don't worry. Next time I need to use iTunes I'll probably smash my phone into the floor in a rage and literally curse it to Hell.

I can't find Coin Dozer.

Comes up with Cookie Dozer though.

Even if I search the developers name...

seems like they were having issues with it and took it down from the app store

Anyone downloaded Osmos? It's chilled. I love it with headphones. Less is more.

I already had it on my Mac from the indie game bundle but I also downloaded it to t'iphone, It's awesome. Nuff Said.

Wow! FAAD did say they had something big planned for today. Civ: Revolution is pretty good!

Civilization Revolution is free today.

Thanks! After downloading this and finding it interesting, I went and bought the ps3 version. Yahoo. :)

Anyone downloaded Osmos? It's chilled. I love it with headphones. Less is more.

Absolutely love it, completed the story a few weeks ago, still going back to the arcade levels now. I'd certainly recommend it.

There's a story?

I love the music. It's amazing. I actually lost an hour to this the other night. Only wanted to give it a quick go. :heh:

Well not story, is it adventure mode? Whatever the main level driven part is I mean!

Square games are on sale to celebrate release of one of them for iPad.

I think they're on sale for two weeks.

FF 1+2 are now a reasonable 4 quid each.

Sent from my iPhone.

Ive just been reading up a bit on the differences between the 8gb and 32gb iPod Touch. From what I could see the 8GB uses the older parts but can still run the apps/games that the newer iPods can.

Do you guys know if there is a noticable difference between the 2 or if there are any other differences that I just havent got around to reading about yet?

I was planning on getting the 32gb but ive been realising that I really dont need as much space as I thought I did. My current 30gb iPod is nearly full but I barely listen to any of the stuff on there and mostly use it for podcasts these days.

Can you wait two months? The prices should go down a bit as the next one is due any time now.

What I said isn't certain, but based on leaks and the general Apple style, the new iPod Touch will likely be their big Christmas product.

Do you know if there are differences between the 8GB and larger versions though that actually would make the 8gb not worthwhile though? I may still get one earlier depending on how much money I have left in the next week or so. I only really want it for the games and a few podcasts and as the price isnt too bad for the 8gb then I dont mind paying that much now.

The 8GB hardware (processor, RAM) is like an iphone 3G, whereas the larger models are like the 3GS. Intensive apps may stutter or struggle. You'd be buying dated hardware (my 2nd Gen 16GB Touch is coming up to 2 years old - same gen as the 8GB you are talking about).

Yeah I knew the hardware was dated. What I meant was does it really have that much of an affect?

Don't buy the 8GB. iOS4 has brought the iPhone 3G to it's knees! It'll probably do the same for the 8GB Touch.

I ended up getting the 32gb, thanks for the help guys.

Wanted to check, has anyone played Lets Golf and if so is it any good?