NEurope
Caris

The App Store Thread

app_store.jpg

The App Store is amazing, simple as that. So lets get talking about apps...

Does anyone have a recommendations? These are my apps, I would fully recommend them all to anyone. I don't really keep loads of useless ones my phone, just the good stuff.

img0001n.png

img0002z.png

Discuss!

Note: Peggle is now 59p for a limited time only! I paid £3.49 the other day for it. People need to get it now.

Edited by Caris

The last few days I've been looking at some apps just to try them out.

Peggle at 59p is a steal! Once I saw that I had to get it.

I'm not really into paying for the apps but I bought Flight Control. Seriously a must get. It's so simple, but addictive.

These are the apps I currently have

appi.jpg

I <3 the app store.

Zenonia and Stick Wars are my most played btw.

I didn't even know they were making Rolando 2. Can't wait for that one!

Rather than just telling us what apps you got, saying what apps are really good and why would be much more helpful. Here are what I think are great apps:

SPEND: Best budgeting app (i tried lots)

FLIXSTER: Great for getting times for cinems and finding nearest cinemas where you are. Average ta best for film news and stats (it's american)

SKY NEWS: Obvious. But just very good

IFooty: Great for keeping uptodate with scores if you're busy on match day

TubeDeluxe: The best TUBE app - plan journeys, tells you the bets journeys, extremely uptodate reports on how the tubes doing....

Around Me: Finds things taht are 'around me' - coffee shops, petrol stations, cash machines blah blah blah

Others: Facebook (if you use it), IGN - for reviews, ebay (if you use it)

apps.png

Dunno why I have twitter and wiki, can't even get online with the Touch =(

Bebot is awesome though for a mess about...

=p

How do we get the iPhone 3.0 update?

Is it on iTunes, or the App Store? Don't see it yet

Should be out sometime between 5 and 7:30 (ish) in the UK, or so I read on engadget. You might be best waiting a day or two though as the servers are gonna get hammered.

I read it's out at 6pm GMT.

I just downloaded Tweetdeck, another twitter app. But this one is pretty cool. Shake to refresh is awesome.

Also the Wimbledon App. This one looks to be quite good. Useless on the touch, with having to be in a wireless hotspot, you'll be in the vicinity of a TV so you could just watch it.

Just updated my phone. All went very quick and smooth. Seems much faster than before at doing everything, which is a very good sign :) Sent my first MMS! And copy and paste works perfectly fine.

Just had a look at 3.0 can't bloody believe Touch Owners have got to pay 5.99 for bloody Copy/paste feature XD Bloody shocking, no thanks.

Let's Golf app reduced to 59p for a limited time...

Downloaded it but haven't had the chance to play it yet, but from the reviews its meant to be good (apart from the people 1 starring it cause they are annoyed that they bought it at full price)

I can highly recommend X2 football. I have only downoaded the lite version because the proper one is 4 quid, but even that is excellent. A training mode with corners, free kicks, free training and penalties, as well as a penalty shoot out competition. Pretty awesome.

I downloaded AroundMe and wouldn't recommend it. Misses so much from areas it's pretty pointless.

Argos are currently selling two £15 iTunes vouchers for £20 - definitely worth going for!

I downloaded AroundMe and wouldn't recommend it. Misses so much from areas it's pretty pointless.

Vicinity is much better.

Dang, I wish I had been part of Peggle's $1 experiment >_< I didn't spot that 'til today.

Argos are currently selling two £15 iTunes vouchers for £20 - definitely worth going for!

Might have to do that! If I can picture myself spending £30 on iTunes/apps its definitely a worthwhile investment - it's essentially just a free £10.

Edited by Shorty

Kudos to Apple for the app store. Such a great implementation. :)

I am wrestling with my windows mobile. Despite changing roms its useless and very overrated.

I am wrestling with my windows mobile. Despite changing roms its useless and very overrated.

I've fallen out of love with it now too. Once you get over the initial fun of changing interfaces every week it gets pretty dull. There's barely any apps worth buying for it.

I'm waiting to see what sim-free 3G S prices are like. If i can afford one i'll make the swap. If not then i'll wait for the Pre or a good Android handset.

Sod that then. I could take a holiday to Italy and buy one while i'm there and still be quids in against Play.com's price lol