N-Europe

Miyamoto's Roundtable

ShadowV7

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same. Please, please let this game be down the streets of OOT and TP and not the cel shaded adventures of late. They're great, but they suit the DS, and are more casual. We hardcore gamers need a more involving and darker adventure!

Same. Please, please let this game be down the streets of OOT and TP and not the cel shaded adventures of late. They're great, but they suit the DS, and are more casual. We hardcore gamers need a more involving and darker adventure!

You say they suit the DS, yet arguably WW is one of the best-looking Zelda's to date. How many 'casuals' do you know that bought WW and how was WW a more 'casual' game than TP anyway. "We harcore gamers" just makes me cringe as well:indeed:. Please speak for yourself.

I loved Wind Wakers visual style (admittedly, i prefered the earlier version shown- kind of 70s hungarian animation style), but it looked superb. Think it was Cassamassina who suggested the Wind Waker world was brought to life more vividly than Twilight Princess- and i happen to agree. Sublime throughout.

I prefered TP as a game, and its visual style was excellent, but WW edges it in my opinion. And i'm no casual gamer.

I hope it was a mighty fine picture :grin:

LMAO, brilliant!

Seriously, this has made my E3, and it was a great E3 anyway.

Wii Sports Resort is like The Karate Kid, teaching us how to play the next Zelda. The frisbee could be the boomerang etc...

You say they suit the DS, yet arguably WW is one of the best-looking Zelda's to date. How many 'casuals' do you know that bought WW and how was WW a more 'casual' game than TP anyway. "We harcore gamers" just makes me cringe as well:indeed:. Please speak for yourself.

I apologise if other hardcore gamers such as yourself prefer the WW. Yes, it was a stroke of genius. But the graphics... in my opinion, were just too cartoonish.

The reference wasn't directed at WW; it was Phantom Hourglass. I couldn't help but feel let down after WW and TP. Nintendo added the tedious Ocean King dungeon to go back to time and time again, and that felt like the only real challenge in the game- and it was boring.

I apologise if other hardcore gamers such as yourself prefer the WW. Yes, it was a stroke of genius. But the graphics... in my opinion, were just too cartoonish.

The reference wasn't directed at WW; it was Phantom Hourglass. I couldn't help but feel let down after WW and TP. Nintendo added the tedious Ocean King dungeon to go back to time and time again, and that felt like the only real challenge in the game- and it was boring.

I can't muster the enthusiasm to finish Phantom Hourglass, so I agree with you on that front.

Hardly, it gave us news of the upcoming games and got my interest right up.

Did it? Which ones??? I'm sorry if I've missed something. It just seemed uneventful to me.

As for new Zelda speculation - I think whether they go cel shaded or not is not the issue, I think it needs to be more story driven and more alive. The last one didn't. It was a wonderful game - but it just felt cold in many ways.

I don't really understand the first part of your post. It's cel-shaded, so it's intended to be in a cartoon-y style. In that respect, I thought it's probably one of the best graphically looking games of last generation. Hell, it'd give a lot of games from this generation a run for their money, too.

Also, you talk about the problem with it being Cel-Shaded, yet then talk about the difficulty of the game. You talk about it being more darker and involving, then talk about the cartoon-y style, and now the difficulty. To me, it...seems a bit like you can't get past the graphical style and enjoy the game for what it is. Personally, I've never had a problem with the difficulty factor with Zelda games after Ocarina of Time, but if you want a challenging one how about you try the 2D adventures? Link's Awakening and A Link To The Past were made of strong stuff.

Hardly, it gave us news of the upcoming games and got my interest right up.

I agree with you there. :) I was watching it as it was blog and though nothing was really announced. Miyamoto talked a bit more about the games that were announced such as New Super Mario Bros Wii, Wii Sports Resort and Super Mario Galaxy 2, can't remember exactly what but just generally what he was saying raised my interest in the games!

Zeladnew.jpg

Well then, this is sort of IT!

A quick snapshot from someone's mobile-camera or perhaps lap-top camera....

Not seeing much though, Link with Zelda to his left and a vague blue-ish colour through links body....

You don't think that he's turning cell-shaded from the inside out:laughing:

Edited by Fused King

you are not a hardcore gamer if you NEED your adventures to be mature and dark... that makes you the opposite in fact.

I really think the zelda hype is a bit sad to be honest.. the game wont be released for more than 2 years i'd say If not more.. Let's focus on the present.

miyamoto doesn't even know how you will contrl the game yet.. that poster is a concept poster and not an indication of how the final game will be..

Edited by mcj metroid
Automerged Doublepost

I don't see Zelda, unless she's that blue blur is she? If so, she's pretty small next to that Link!

Its a Zora-like girl!

What is a Zelda game? They've been having discussion at HQ. The stories have evolved over time, graphics improve, but what is the best way to move the franchise forward?

Miyamoto's idea is.. to give the player a more impacting experience and really feel Link's journey through the game, by creating memories of the characters you meet and things you face along the way. These would be things that would differ for each person as they play their own way through, so everyone would have unique memories. How you approach a dungeon, solve a puzzle, or complete a side quest all add to this.

Right now, for each game they are mainly iterating on variations of controls, level designs, etc.. so he wants to see the series evolve in more meaningful ways.

He wanted to show a new Zelda for Wii today, but they want to focus on development before announcing or showing anything. Instead he brought an illustration to prove they are far into development of a new game, because it contained characters that are deeply involved even into the later stages of the game. He's hoping to release next year, but may take a "little longer" (laugh). Illustration was Link with one smaller whitish character, looked a bit like a female relative of the Zora.

He would like to make it compatible or even exclusive to WM+. Says in the mean time to think of Zelda while playing some of Wii Sports Resort, like sword fighting or archery. The reception of WSR may influence development of similar features in the next Zelda.