NEurope
ShadowV7

Miyamoto's Roundtable

It's only 20 or so minutes away now, thought this deserved it's own thread since it's being assumed there's gonna be a 'surprise' revealed here. Pikmin?

Anyway, the folks over at IGN are heading over and for our reading pleasure, they're doing a live blog. Hazzahs!

Where can I find this page you say? Ask, and it shall be given.

I'll be missing this due to the need for sleep. However I expect megatons aplenty in the morning. If there isn't atleast one, I'm holding you personally responsible, Shadow! :heh:

I've got the live blog on my 2nd monitor now. I'm not expecting much, anything we hear now is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

It's been heavily implied that Pikmin 3 will be there in some form aswell as a handfull of other games. So least that's something.

I'll be missing this due to the need for sleep. However I expect megatons aplenty in the morning. If there isn't atleast one, I'm holding you personally responsible, Shadow! :heh:

What have I got myself into :(

As long as it's not Miyamoto's retirement im happy with whatever happens!

Part of me is worried he could retire due to boredom and wanting to leave the rest to the younger generation.

I think we'll know about the other games.

It'll probably be New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Maybe Pikmin 3, Spirit Tracks, Maybe something else. I have no idea how involved he is in any of the other things we know about that will be playable.

I've had the 'boredom' thought aswell, but i'm sure he still has some creativity in him to last a good few years now :heh:

Or I hope...

I think he's got a while left. I doubt he'd announce his retirement at E3, it probably isn't going to be announced. Nintendo's probably just going to phase him out and still keep him as an employee even if he doesn't do anything. He'll probably even still give a bit of a talk at some conferences and stuff. Nintendo know if he leaves the company their stock will die.

so no vid just blogging?

will thee be vids of it in the mmorning?

Video cameras weren't allowed last year, so I don't think they will be this year.

I think he'll demo the vitality sensor thing. We all know were this ideas come from.

I think he'll demo the vitality sensor thing. We all know were this ideas come from.

A crazy dream that can only be on par with crocodile pirates...

Ah also, it's been specualted that Pikmin would use the vitality add on.

That will probably be part of it too. Here's hoping its implemented into an actual game.

6 Minutes Now!

Should be starting now. No updates on IGN yet.

Its 2 after and still nothing.

Either this is that amazing that Matt is physically incapable of typing it in, or Miyamoto is late.

Edited by Emasher

i can't believe the cmments on ign... they actually expect him to annouce zelda?

One actually said he wants 2 more metroid games.

A good number are saying Pikmin 3, some Starfox, and others Kirby.

6:06 p.m.: Matty-boy and Craig sit down. The show hasn't started, but the LiveBlog of Awesomeness does. And here we go...

I with IGN would do a real live blog, one that doesn't involve madly refreshing the page.

No Video or Photography allowed confirmed.

Edited by Emasher

I think you need to do it yourself. Spam that F5 button!

New Mario is playing on a screen there, that will be a topic, no doubt same as Galaxy 2.

Edited by ShadowV7
Automerged Doublepost

6:10 p.m.: I do not yet see any puppeteering peripheral, but am not ruling it out.

6:09 p.m.: No video or photography allowed, by the way, so if you're reading this, not happening. You're going to have to rely on my detailed, vivid descriptions.

6:08 p.m.: Matt and Craig here. Craig is fiddling with his iPhone. This thing was supposed to start already, but it took longer checking in or setting up or doing something and the end result is this delay. People are still piling in. Shigeru Miyamoto has not yet made his appearance. And we saw New Super Mario Bros. Wii idling on one of the TVs up front, which suggests he's probably going to be talking about that one for a bit. We also spotted a DS, though. Maybe there's some kind of link between the games? Wishful thinking.

hmm i didnt think of linking the ds version to the wii verison of new... that could work?

Galaxy 2 isn't playable on the show floor, so it may not be demoed.

Could maybe 'unlock' some things in new Mario? Or some crazy connection like Animal Crossing.

It doesn't need to be playable on the show floor to be talked about :heh: