NEurope
Retro_Link

Metroid: Other M

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't that part of the whole Metroid experience?

Samus has no family, the Chozo have seemingly disappeared from space and once again, she finds herself the only one capable of thwarting such a dangerous threat that she has no choice but to go it alone.

Yeah, I get that. Isolation wasn't the right word. I'm all for the lone hero thing but it just didn't compel me.

I'll give it another go when the set is released.

There was an episode of the 'game overthinker' (google it) where the host talks about how people who won't play games with more than one primary colour in them are really Mainstream gamers rather than hardcore, and the reason they don't like them is because they think the games look too much like the rainbow flag, and that if they play them that makes them gay.

And based on previous information we have on the Mainstream demographic, I wouldn't be surprised if that's really the reason.

Which is exactly why they should make another Celda, with Tingle in it too!

I'm genuinely excited about this game. As I said above, it's exactly what I've been wanting from Nintendo, and games in general.

I hear ya. I'm genuinely excited about this too. In fact, it's my favourite trailer since "The Legend of Zelda 2004". It shouldn't be underestimated how rare this type of game is nowadays...

Thanks for that trailer Dante, as I was watching it, I had a thought...

What if that mysterious scientist is Dark Samus? think about it... if she's a clone and turns evil then depending on what happens at the end of Other M then she could be the SA-X from fusion... not sure what happens at the end of Fusion but I seem to remember the floating SA-X in virus form which then escapes somehow?

If my understanding is correct, then that becomes / infects Metroid Prime, at the end of Metroid Prime the virus shows itself again and steals Samus' suit, thus creating Dark Samus in MP2 / MP3... even after MP3 it's unclear if the virus was defeated due to the ship at the end.

Thoughts? :)

What if that mysterious scientist is Dark Samus? think about it... if she's a clone and turns evil then depending on what happens at the end of Other M then she could be the SA-X from fusion... not sure what happens at the end of Fusion but I seem to remember the floating SA-X in virus form which then escapes somehow?

If my understanding is correct, then that becomes / infects Metroid Prime, at the end of Metroid Prime the virus shows itself again and steals Samus' suit, thus creating Dark Samus in MP2 / MP3... even after MP3 it's unclear if the virus was defeated due to the ship at the end.

I think the ship at the end was something to do with one of the hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters. Also, Other M takes place before Fusuion.

Yeah, this is before Fusion so it's not the SA-X. And i'm fairly sure it wasn't Dark Samus at the end of Prime 3, but a space pirate/hunter ship. Just need to see how things go.

The problem with that is the SA-X is an X and that the official metroid timeline is:

Metroid(: Zero Mission)

Metroid Prime(: Pinball)

Metroid Prime: Hunters

Metroid Prime 2: Echos

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Metroid 2: Return of Samus

Super Metroid (Metroid 3)

Metroid Other M

Metroid Fusion (Metroid 4)

So Metroid Prime (Dark Samus) is already dead by then.

I think an interview confirmed that the game doesn't have time travel.

It's still entirely possible that the SA-X or X virus will rear it's head in this. In Fusion, you see the aftermath of Samus contracting the virus and only see her catching it as a flash back. So perhaps this will tell part of that story as it's entirely possible

It's still entirely possible that the SA-X or X virus will rear it's head in this. In Fusion, you see the aftermath of Samus contracting the virus and only see her catching it as a flash back. So perhaps this will tell part of that story as it's entirely possible

Well the intro of Fusion made the entire trip to SR-388 sound very routine with her only being there to offer a bit of backup against the potentially restless natives. I don't see that's there's much to tell.

Perhaps the last cut scene will involve her receiving the request to go on that mission but I can't see there being anymore than that in it.

There must be some sort of flashback in the game, seeing as it shows Samus younger than in prime.

Well that certainly is a given from the trailer. This is all about the mythology and story of Samus, so yeah it seems fairly obvious.

Iwould recommend any of you to read the manga.. the character designs for a lot of characters seem to be indentical and that deals with how samus became a bounty hunter.. it seems more or more likely the the game will follow something along the lines.

Yeah, the manga is well worth a read. Enjoyed reading about how she came to be.

THis is the only game I have intereest in from E3, Team Ninja don't let us down

Wait, whoa. You serious?

Wait, whoa. You serious?

As serious as a 'Pigfrogmonkey' can be:laughing:

I mean, he and Manbearpig are obviously on the same page:indeed:

Wait, whoa. You serious?

Yeah mate, the two Mario games didn't interest me, maybe when I see more things may change. ::shrug:

And then Other M...that's another franchise that I've personally got great memories of. Back to a side-scrolling Metroid title.

And then Other M...that's another franchise that I've personally got great memories of. Back to a side-scrolling Metroid title.

Back to a side-scrolling Metroid title.

side-scrolling Metroid title.

masturbation-image.jpg

masturbation-image.jpg

After hearing Reggie say that it was back to side-scrolling, that's almost a carbon-copy of what I thought/did! Haha

Well I really hope they release new footage soon.

Somehow I don't think we'll see anything to next E3 and then they'll start to power up the hype machine for it's release later in the year.

Of course, I'm assuming they've learnt something from the virtually none existent marketing campaign for Metroid Prime 3.

Of course, I'm assuming they've learnt something from the virtually none existent marketing campaign for Metroid Prime 3.

Non-existent? We got the Metroid channel, sure...! :idea: