N-Europe

Wii Sports Resort

Retro_Link

I had a few attempts this afternoon after work at the Table Tennis champion but didn't play for very long as I had other things to do :eek:

The best I could do was lose 7-5 twice :hmm: ..I'm yet to have a match point against her :sad:

I was 3-0 down and turned it round to 4-3 and started to believe I was maybe on the way to doing it.. but then the next point she seemed to go nuts!

I feel I will get it eventually :smile: There was another game I was 3-2 up but could quite easily have been leading 5-0 as both of her points came from clipping the top of the net and me hitting it before it bounced (that nearly always gets me!) ..

EDIT ..ok.. my computer messed up there so I decided to get Table Tennis on for a go while it loaded up again :heh: It took me a couple of goes, but the Table Tennis Champion finally got what she deserved, but it could have been much sweeter..

TableTennisChampion.jpg

It was a very satisfying win, but when I got to 5-0 a couple of things went through my mind.. the white wash or the epic demise! I would have loved to get past her 6-0 but there was still the feeling that I could completely mess it up and lose.. thankfully she only managed the single point :yay:

How.......

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How.......

I couldn't exactly create a step-by-step video while I was playing :heh: ..she just underestimated me and I went for the throat :bouncy:

I had got a Match Point against her in the previous game (for the first time :eek:) but she came back to take the game 8-6.. I wasn't gonna let her do that to me again :hehe:

haha, well done!!

I think I had a big lead over her once but then the adrenaline kicked in and I threw it away! Well done on staying composed!

I'm not sure how I would have felt if I managed to throw away that lead.. it would have almost been as bad as losing my Super Metroid data towards the end of the game :eek: ..I felt I had to put her out of her misery there and then! If she got another 2 or 3 points I would really have been feeling the pressure, but thankfully I was in devastating form :indeed:

I think I was helped by the fact that myself, the 'snowman and another dude played about 2 hours of solid Table Tennis on monday night just playing winner stays on :smile: Mr. Bean was unstoppable :grin:

I've maxed out my Table Tennis experience points at 2500... some of the 'hard mode' opponents can be bitches to play! There's a real mix, some literally capable of returning pretty much anything, some that play really slow with slice and spin a-plenty, and others that are into the really fast rallies!

Anyways, now to move on to another sport!... other than completing the island flyover stuff 100% this game might as well have been called Wii Sports Table Tennis for me so far!

Edited by Retro_Link

Anyways, now to move on to another sport!... other than completing the island flyover stuff 100% this game might as well have been called Wii Sports Table Tennis for me so far!

I know what you mean, in the original Wii sports after a while I just played tennis over and over until I got to be really good at that (as in, I was off the scale at like 2350 skill points... yes I am sad). What's great about this game though is that there are 11 more sports to become really good at, and each of those has different modes to beat too. Awesome!

EDIT: Just realised this was my 1000th post and I have FINALLY (after many years here) made it to be an N-Europe Aficionado. Now to begin the campaign for a personalised tag there instead. It worked for Caris.......

EDIT: Just realised this was my 1000th post and I have FINALLY (after many years here) made it to be an N-Europe Aficionado. Now to begin the campaign for a personalised tag there instead. It worked for Caris.......

Just brown-nose some mods.

Anyway, the table tennis bitch won't die. Losing 2-6 is about the best I can do at the moment :(

I think I was helped by the fact that myself, the 'snowman and another dude played about 2 hours of solid Table Tennis on monday night just playing winner stays on :smile: Mr. Bean was unstoppable :grin:

Mii's ftw!

Only thing about table tennis is it could maybe do with some nunchuk control. Too many times are you left standing wide and your Mii makes no effort to get back to the table. :hmm: Maybe you're meant to slice the ball back to try and buy some time...? Must try that next time.

Ggggrrrr... I was so close on the Table Tennis Champ, kept with her all the way, 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2 etc, all the way up to 4 - 4, then a near miracle, i went up 5 - 4, just one point away from the win, then after what seemed like a 100 rally, 5 - 5 gggrrrr... of course went on to lose it all 5 - 7, damnit

Gave up for a rest from her for a bit and went back to the other thing that has been annoying me, the secret targets on arcery. So far had hit all the targets on beginner and 3 on intermediate, Stage 2 was the one that's been pissing me off.... BUT finally hit it just a few mins ago... WOHOOOOO.

Moving onto Expert found the locations of them all and so far hit the one on stage 3, 3 more to go... i reckon i'll get these before I beat the Champ in Table Tennis :heh:

For your viewing pleasure, here is a video of Nintendo UK's booth at the Edinburgh Interactive Festival, complete with steel drum band. Quality isn't great sound wise but you'll get the idea.

Was such an awesome booth. Well designed and hit home the whole island feeling. And some of the girls working the booth were really good looking, but that's the idea right. :wink:

Add me to the list of people to beat the table tennis champ. :awesome:

img073egf.jpg

:yay: Beat her on the fourth go, after being beat 7-9 prior to that (although the Wii-mote didn't register my swing so that was why I couldn't return). Nevertheless, I finally beat her. Thank god for that.

Holy Crap, just had a bunch of MASSIVE games with the champ. So many I came so close to winning, there was actually 2 games I was 5 - 1 winning and managed to throw it all away, a few games I lost 6 - 8, 9 - 11, 7 - 9

BUT finally in a nail bitter I was 4 - 1 up, suddenly found myself down 4 - 5, brought it back to 6 - 6 and then a miracle happened, I got TWO points IN A ROW

Yep, you can now add me to the list to TOTALLY AWESOME, DEMI-GODS of WiiSports Resort Table Tennis.

DOUBLE PROOF Below

SV202937.jpg

SV202939.jpg

Also, did anyone notice on Swordplay, Showdown, sometimes Lucia appears... I take great pleasure in beating her with my sword :heh:

Edited by Mokong