NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

I was as surprised as you seem to be.

I also got a frisbee! Pictures tomorrow, just so you all know that I wasn't totally intoxicated at the time of writing.

Is the kendo brawler awesome, Y/Y?

Is the kendo brawler awesome, Y/Y?

Incredibly awesome, it's one of my favourites of the lot. Playing it is equivalent to those "wow" moments you first had when you unboxed and played the Wii.

083459.jpg

083528.jpg

083551.jpg

083653.jpg

083730.jpg

084124.jpg

oh god not again those cheapass paper sleves, please tell me this comes inside a normal game box:cry:

Rest assured, it will. This is a review copy, so I'm guessing it's just a promo sleeve.

Tbf review packaging like that is pretty cool, you'll be able to get a normal boxed copy of it anywhere when it's released but rest assured that review copies that come in alternate packaging usually become collectable. :)

I'm pleased to hear it's awesome! I'm preying i absolutely adore this game cause it's one of only a few that i'm really hyped about playing!

Any chance of sending that review copy to me for a go? haha ;)

084124.jpg

Hmmm. I don't know if I need another hand - I was planning to use the two I've already got.

Rest assured, it will. This is a review copy, so I'm guessing it's just a promo sleeve.

oh good, i was scared that nintendo was going the same road as the wiisports bundle nowadays (cardbox sleeve). And how is wii sports resort does the motion plus work good in this game?

Im assuming it has better graphics that the original wii sports.

I read all of the Iwata Asks, and was quite interested about the whole Island Concept. From what I can see, most Wii games from now on (Think, Play, Music, Sports, Fit) Will take place on this Island.

There was a mode that I hadn't even heard of until reading the interview where you have to slash 70 Mii's with your sword, that looked pretty funny :P

EDIT: That review box looks lush! It's a shame it won't sell like that :o

Hmmm. I don't know if I need another hand - I was planning to use the two I've already got.

Nah, this hand is for reviewing purposes only.

And how is wii sports resort does the motion plus work good in this game?

Im assuming it has better graphics that the original wii sports.

MotionPlus works extremely well. The recalibration is annoying, but not overly intrusive. Especially if you're playing in short bursts.

And the graphics are quite lovely - the water effects in canoeing/wakeboarding particularly, and the lovely air resistance effects in skydiving and air sports.

There was a mode that I hadn't even heard of until reading the interview where you have to slash 70 Mii's with your sword, that looked pretty funny :P

That mode is brilliant. It's like the Crazy 88 fight at the end of Kill Bill Vol. 1, combined with Indiana Jones vs. the voodoo people in Temple of Doom. But with less blood spatter and limb-eating crocodiles.

If you're not in a rush for this, you can get it for £30.39 from Argos!

Link to the HotUkDeals post on how to get this price.

^ Why do you say 'if you're not in a rush'?

I know it say's guranteed delivery for launch, but it's a very in demand game, so stock could be limited and it's not a site where people usually order pre-ordered games from is it?

Don't want another case of, "My £17 Conduit isn't here, meh".

Hey thanks for that. 30 quid is a very good price.

:yay::yay::yay:

Damn you Welsh_Gamer, making me spend money!

Had to get it for that price, absolute bargain. Thanks!

Damn you Welsh_Gamer, making me spend money!

Had to get it for that price, absolute bargain. Thanks!

Alas, I have also fallen into this trap. Cracking price though...

Yup, that be an awesome deal. icon14.gif

Good job welsh_gamer, you really are the most incredible bargain hunter. :bowdown:

Euro site is now live BTW:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/wii/wii_sports_resort_12541.html

Me excited. :heh::yay:

What event are people going to play first? (Apart from Skydiving obviously) It would be Swordplay for me, but I've been so looking forward to flying the airplane since that demo was shown at E3 2006, so I'll be jumping right into Island Flyover! :love:

i've got a question im curious about. When the wii launches we had the wiimote, but with the regular wiimote you have some sort of weird delay. Is that delay gone or less noticable?

i've got a question im curious about. When the wii launches we had the wiimote, but with the regular wiimote you have some sort of weird delay. Is that delay gone or less noticable?

What delay? Ive never noticed any.