N-Europe

Xpert Eleven Season 9

Mr_Odwin

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got lucky with my official team.

I had a cup game against some Division 4 side with much better players than me. But a less-skilled manager.

I played very defensive, he played very offensive. I wasn't prepared, he was. I played a much weaker team, (I got a youth talent today so I put him in the line-up for some experience, in the process dropping my playmaker from the squad and forgot to choose another playmaker.) I was destined for defeat.

I won 1-0 with the only chance of the game and it was from a penalty. :yay:

I had a cup game against some Division 4 side with much better players than me. But a less-skilled manager.

I played very defensive, he played very offensive. I wasn't prepared, he was. I played a much weaker team, (I got a youth talent today so I put him in the line-up for some experience, in the process dropping my playmaker from the squad and forgot to choose another playmaker.) I was destined for defeat.

A division 4 side eh?

Division 4 sounds like an interesting division I may check it out...

Mcoy wishes he had that kind of luck :(

Mcoy thinks that tactics only play a certain amount in luck. Mcoy thinks the main part is having high skilled players with a few key characteristics (fast, hard shooting, goal instinct etc)

Mcoy thinks the rest just comes down to chance and a bit of luck. Mcoy was planned for a game where his opponent had done nothing but Mcoy still lost 2 - 1 :)

3-1! BOO YA! A victory much needed. Currently sitting with 4 pts above the relegation zone; all three players in the zone have a match in hand over me, so it's still going to be close - but I don't see all of them winning just yet...

Great game - nearly all of my players played ahead of their skill ratings.

Still sickening that I can't get any player in the x11 mind you.. got manager though ^_^

A 4-2 victory puts me 4 points above the relegation zone, and 1 point above jayseven, but the relegation battlers all have a game in hand. I have a feeling I'll be fighting mid table, possibly relegation this season. No matter, it's quite good fun and tense :D Makes a difference to being close to winning every season anyway.

Next match is against Haden. If I get that one under my belt I'll feel much better.

Question; if you have a squad with a big range of ages, does that affect teamwork values?

Dyson; I don't think so :| My teamwork is often awesome :P I have no real idea why. I just put it down to being an awesome manager. I don't think you're really going to be a part of the relegation battle just yet.

Dyson your keeper had a rating of TWO. Insane.

I think ReZ has once again shown his worth - I've secretly been measuring myself against him (lololo etc) and we both lost 1-0 to odders, but my match had 2-2 worth of chances... But ReZ MISSED A PENALTY! The fool. Oddy won the 'chances' battle, too - 5-3, which suggests a less even game...

My next game is against ReZ, y'see :P Getting worked up for it, even though it's a week away! But the next game I'm waiting for is this evening in my official league.

The 'regular' league of ours; shaping up to be as predicted with the promotions, but with maddog and domster doing marginally better than I thought, and mundi doing worse.

Some of the squads in the newbies league are quite impressive - Noodle's squad is quite strong, and - I'll be honest - I'm a little surprised at Dan Dare's team doing as well as it is :P not for the strength, but because I didn't think he'd put any effort in!

The person paying least attention to this is Domstercool. He hasn't been on x11 in nearly two weeks. The entire lower league is, most excellently, keeping up to date, with all of them having logged on since tuesday.

Mcoy won his first game of the season quite happily.

Mcoy missed a penalty however 1 minute later a ball was put into the back of the net. Mcoy also had several other great chances with 2 balls hitting the crossbar. Mcoy faced no real danger other then some freekicks which his keeper saved.

Mcoy unfortunatly had a player injured and with other injuries tolling up this could cause problems. Mcoy is wondering how everyone elses player forms are doing? Mcoy finds his players are all over the place!

Edited by Brian Mcoy

I just checked my second team - I won 3-0 against the team in 2nd! My squad nearly all performed two skill above what they've been labelled at. It's really clear that good tactics wins out. I just need a solid striker that gets more than 5 and I'll be favourite for the league. Wheee!