N-Europe

Halo: Reach

Dyson

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't sleep and woke up at 4:30am. I decided to have a shower and then drive to ASDA at 5am as I didn't want to wait for my GAME order. I got home, had some breakfast and then set about the campaign. I've just finished now.

I found it to be alright but nothing special. I hate the way they have made the Grunts alot harder. They are supposed to be weak but make up with it due to their numbers. Also, the lack of comical comments from them is a major downer. :(

A big plus is the music. I think the soundtrack is fantastic, even though I do miss the Halo theme.

I was surprised that I got to play through the death of Six but it wasn't half as good as when FFVII:C.C. did it.

The Spartan death on the Mac Cannon was pathetic, no way would he get jumped like that.

I really didn't care for any of the Spartans other than Jorge. You hardly got to know any of them and they may aswell have been just random troops. Half the time they seemed like it aswell as the AI for your team mates is a bit iffy, yet when it comes to the Covenant they are crack shots.

I will probably enjoy it more when I play in co-op but if I had to rate the single player campaign I would give it a 7/10.

the problem with the team AI is quite simple: they don't shoot enough. For me to get a kill with the AR I need to pump a clip in to an Elite's face and then beat the shit out of him. A little bit of burst fire isn't going to get the job done.

The best member of the team for actually helping out is Jun. The sniper rifle is powerful enough for that kind of shooting to work, and he's a really good shot.

The problem with the Team AI is they they are fuck stupid. Half the time they aren't even keeping up with me. There was on bit at the end of a hog sequence where I carried on and had to fight off two hunters by myself while the other two cunts just stayed in the car doing sod all.

It's worse than Killzone 2. I don't say that lightly.

Picked it up at about 11am, had to wait until 4.30pm to play it because of lectures. Boo! Only done the first two chapters. Started on Heroic and I'm finding it pleasantly comfortable. It's not difficult, really just you have to think before you move in on targets. Thinking I could have started on Legendary and would have been alright on my own.

Motion blur in the cutscenes is beginning to annoy me greatly. Just makes them look horrible and it's just unnecessary for it to be in them. In gameplay, fine but I'm baffled by them being in the cutscenes. As for the team AI, yeah it's not great (especially when on the turrets on the Warthogs :nono:) but for the most part, I've been too busy moving/sprinting about with the DMR picking things off to notice. Grunts may have gotten slightly tougher but a nicely placed pistol shot or DMR hit and their down in one :D

This game is fucking sick.

I love the DMR, I'm glad they toned down the aiming bloom on it from the beta. I'm getting loads of kills by combining Sprint with the Sword, seems a but unfair at times. Really like some of the maps I've played so far, my favs are probably Zealot and Pinnacle. Didn't even realise Pinnacle was a Forge map at first it looked that good.

I quite like how they've toughened the enemies up a bit, keeps things in perspective. In the main series the point is to feel like Master Chief, the most badass son-of-a-bitch to ever grace humanity. The Grunts were freaking terrified of him because of his reputation. Towards the end of Halo 3 even Hunters didn't feel that scary, they were just another enemy to be killed.

Noble Team just ain't that tough or that badass.