NEurope
Daft

PSP Go

I just had a thought. Since the games will be downloaded, makers won't want to make the size of games too big to save download times. That could be a pretty big hinderance. It already happened with the downloadable expansion for Phantasy Star Universe on the 360. They took out most of the cut scenes.

I just had a thought. Since the games will be downloaded, makers won't want to make the size of games too big to save download times. That could be a pretty big hinderance. It already happened with the downloadable expansion for Phantasy Star Universe on the 360. They took out most of the cut scenes.

From experience Sony make their files huge. :p PSP games wont top 1.5GB though. You can download on PC or PS3 too.

Use PSP Media Manager and click PSN store icon above to check if you dont have a psp. Most games are quite small actually about 200-300mb. http://www.playstation.com/mediamanager/en/

01_US.jpg

GT5P on PS3 is over 10gb.

HD movies are over 5GB. Much bigger than any other service.

I was thinking we already said it wasn't possible to piggy back 3G via phone wonder if they will release a PSN store accessible by mobiles and then you can bluetooth games to the PSP...bit convaluted but is another way of accessing the PSN Store.

I was thinking we already said it wasn't possible to piggy back 3G via phone wonder if they will release a PSN store accessible by mobiles and then you can bluetooth games to the PSP...bit convaluted but is another way of accessing the PSN Store.

They might let you do PSN like some Bravia TV. But i doubt this will happen at the conference or soon. Mobile phones just arent good at large files like that.

Just 30 minutes till start

60 fps

Wow, they are actually gonna be pretty damn expensive too. $250 is not really a good enough reason to move over...

I am going to trade in my PSP Lite to get this.

I'm doing the same thing, but I rang up my local shop and they only offered me £45..

Wow, they are actually gonna be pretty damn expensive too. $250 is not really a good enough reason to move over...

But then if you already have a PSP there is absolutely no need to. The good thing about this is if you want a download only slightly more portable machine then you can buy one, but existing owners don't miss out in the slightest.

Good range of games coming out alongside this. Machine and a few games budgeted for for me.

I'm doing the same thing, but I rang up my local shop and they only offered me £45..

You could sell it much more yourself. Same goes for games. I never trade nowadays unless there is a special case where you get a generous offer.

You could sell it much more yourself. Same goes for games. I never trade nowadays unless there is a special case where you get a generous offer.

That's what I've done, wish me luck.

I wonder what the price in Pounds will be, Sony could be very cheeky and have 250 $£Euros across the board.. Whatever it is I'm guaranteed a nice discount if it's close to £200.

It'll be £180 just like the original PSP. They wouldn't sell any at a higher price - you can get a decent 360 for that, which is much better value. Although you are comitting to buying a lot of stuff for it.

It'll be £180 just like the original PSP. They wouldn't sell any at a higher price - you can get a decent 360 for that, which is much better value. Although you are comitting to buying a lot of stuff for it.

The DS costs more than the 360. :p 360 is hardly a barometer for console prices.

No but I said for a decent 360. For £180 you get more things that make the 360 worth having i.e. online and HDD. DS is £150, whereas the 360 tends to be pushing £200 to be worth buying.

No but I said for a decent 360. For £180 you get more things that make the 360 worth having i.e. online and HDD. DS is £150, whereas the 360 tends to be pushing £200 to be worth buying.

Online is an ongoing expense on 360. Also for HDD its best to get a seperate 120gb drive than the crappy 20GB. PSP at least wont require ongoing payments.

I actually lolled at GT mobile. They said that game was going to come out some 5 years ago or so. but better late than never. The psp go did make me take a second look at the psp. But the fact that I don't think Dsi is worth £150 you'd be hard pressed to make me consider a psp at £200+ a worthwhile investment.

And with all this talk of the pound's falling value against the yen, I doubt I would consider the price very attractive.

GAME have the psp go at a preorder price of £179 where other sites like PLAY.com have £249.£179 is very cheap compared to the other price will it stay like that on GAME thanks.

http://www.game.co.uk/PSP/Hardware/Console/~r342217/Sony-PSP-Go-Black-Console/

Thanks for that, ordered just in case the price does end up being higher. Cheaper than I'd budgeted for so now I can add another game in somewhere. :yay:

Edit: Game have now put it up to £230.

Edited by will'

There's no way I'm paying £230 for a handheld. Might just get the 2000 model for £99.

Perhaps mandatory bundling.

And with all this talk of the pound's falling value against the yen, I doubt I would consider the price very attractive.

Thats why Nintendo and Sony were looking to up the prices.

Isn't the pound strengthening again recently? (Although I have no idea how any of this works.)

Perhaps mandatory bundling.

With what?

Isn't the pound strengthening again recently? (Although I have no idea how any of this works.)

It certainly is, seems to have been picking up nicely recently. Obviously it depends which direction is beneficial to you...

What's the biggest memory card that the PSP 3000 works with? and cheapest place to get such things...just I'm thinking may get a big one for downloading games...I'm actually running out of shelf space so perhaps now will just get them off PSN...

Replay (working title).

This game just looks awesome. What a portable game should be like.